Slush Mug

This is true, but when I've made plain frappuccinos (i.e. just skimmed milk and instant coffee) it's worked just as well and there's definitely no sugar there. I'd be tempted to give it a go with some Pepsi Max because that would be amazing, but I'm currently going cold turkey on the fizzy!

Sugar naturally occurs in milk :)

Ooo I've just ordered one! Thanks :)

They're 7.99 on firebox too at the mo.

I've just ordered one and will share it with group on Monday. Thanks for the tip!

So what do you do, just freeze the bitty, then put the yogurt in, and it freezes it? I'm tempted...... VERY tempted.....

Yep, that's exactly how it works. Just a bit of stirring/scraping to get it off the sides. It's a very soft, creamy texture you end up with but it's most definitely frozen!

Ace, thank you Jayne :) I'm so getting one, was thinking of an icecream maker anyway... This'll do for a starting point ;)

All this talk about slushy mugs got me to play with my ice cream maker today. I put in a couple of fat free pineapple yoghurts and churned it till frozen but still soft - like Mr Whippy texture. Then I remembered having ice cream soda as a kid, so I put a scoop of pineapple "ice cream" in a glass of diet coke. And it was lovely. Syn free ice cream soda :D

Leapfrog said:
All this talk about slushy mugs got me to play with my ice cream maker today. I put in a couple of fat free pineapple yoghurts and churned it till frozen but still soft - like Mr Whippy texture. Then I remembered having ice cream soda as a kid, so I put a scoop of pineapple "ice cream" in a glass of diet coke. And it was lovely. Syn free ice cream soda :D

Pineapple has an enzyme in it that prevents the yog or whatever is with it freezing completely, but sounds really scrummy-except I don't drink coke anymore ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh, Ive just ordered one of these. Might be yum with 0% greek yogurt with some of those Lorann oils :)

Ooh, are the Lorann oils syn free? The reason I ask is that I've got hundreds of the little dropper bottles left over from my previous life as a cupcake baker!

I dont know, apparently theres not actually any oil in them, but even if there was a whole teaspoon of oil is only 2 syns anyway, so a drop or two will be nothing. I just ordered five different flavours the other day anyway so sod it :D

ermintrude said:
I dont know, apparently theres not actually any oil in them, but even if there was a whole teaspoon of oil is only 2 syns anyway, so a drop or two will be nothing. I just ordered five different flavours the other day anyway so sod it :D

What are they-sounds interesting

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

oooh theyve just turned up, the amaretto smells divine, ohhhhh I SOOOO need some real Amaretto now! :eek: Might pop some in some yogurt after tea tonight.

Theyre only tiny but they must be strong cos I sniffed it and burnt my face, didnt even feel it had splashed me :confused: Had to wash my face under the tap it was really burning.

I got mine here The Cake Decorating Company
I cant remember who recommended it now, buts its only a pound postage. Ill let you know how they are tonight :)

Ah, that's really good to hear! Like I said, I've got tons of the little ones so plenty of flavours to experiment with. I've not tried freezing a Total yet but it's definitely on my list for this weekend after I've done my big shop.

I've just remembered that I've got a bottle of Frangelico hidden away in the booze cupboard so I might treat myself to a shot of that in one of my mock frappucinos before bed :)

I'd be really interested to hear what people think of their mugs when they've been delivered, and also what concoctions you've come up with!

OMG ours arrived yesterday. My daughter had one with coke and loved it. Me I put a mullerlight in 3 hours ago and still eating it as the bottom bit froze rock hard while I was on the phone :8855: absolutely fab for yoghurt. I love frozen muller lights and normally have to wait 2 hours :( today just 10 mins or less :D

Ooo mine arrived today - it's just in the freezer now I can't wait to use it :D

Mine arrived today also! In the freezer at the min!! :D

Back