Slush Mug

Mmmm! Just made a chocolate milkshake out of chocolate Oatly (HEA) it was heavenly! I had a cheeky squirt of anchor light on top as well - totaly worth 1 syn! x

Ah mine just arrived today too, with free strawberry gums which I fed to the OH. I put it in the freezer a few hours ago so gonna test it with Greek 0% with Amaretto Lorann oil mixed in tonight I reckon.

ermintrude said:
Ah mine just arrived today too, with free strawberry gums which I fed to the OH. I put it in the freezer a few hours ago so gonna test it with Greek 0% with Amaretto Lorann oil mixed in tonight I reckon.

Nomm that sounds nice! Let me know about the oils

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ha ha yeah Ive been ging on about trying them all week, not got round to it yet :eek: Im not much of dessert person really, more a carbophile :D

Having said that Ive just tried to make that strawberry/coconut/custard thing out of last months mag and totally screwed it up... :sigh: I intended to only make half as theres just the 2 of us, but I only had a 250g thing of custard so bunged it all in, made it up then realised I had nothing remotely suitable to put it in (not being a dessert person and all that). Eventually pulled out some old pots Id kept from a supermarket flan or summat and thought ah, thatll do, but they were so huge it looked really measly after doing the first half of the recipe, so I thought 'Ohhhh sod it, Ill double the portions, still only 7 syns each...' - by the time Id added the strawberries and puree and all the other gubbins it was overflowing, huge, dripping everywhere... had to put the bowl inside-another-bowl...looks like a Megacustard... :confused:

I think Im gonna just pretend its meant to be like that and its a romantic dessert-to-share or something... I dunno, one spoon between us or summat... :rolleyes:

I am so absolutely useless at desserts, they dont suit me. Pass the fish & chips. (Don't forget the scraps).

ermintrude said:
Ha ha yeah Ive been ging on about trying them all week, not got round to it yet :eek: Im not much of dessert person really, more a carbophile :D

Having said that Ive just tried to make that strawberry/coconut/custard thing out of last months mag and totally screwed it up... :sigh: I intended to only make half as theres just the 2 of us, but I only had a 250g thing of custard so bunged it all in, made it up then realised I had nothing remotely suitable to put it in (not being a dessert person and all that). Eventually pulled out some old pots Id kept from a supermarket flan or summat and thought ah, thatll do, but they were so huge it looked really measly after doing the first half of the recipe, so I thought 'Ohhhh sod it, Ill double the portions, still only 7 syns each...' - by the time Id added the strawberries and puree and all the other gubbins it was overflowing, huge, dripping everywhere... had to put the bowl inside-another-bowl...looks like a Megacustard... :confused:

I think Im gonna just pretend its meant to be like that and its a romantic dessert-to-share or something... I dunno, one spoon between us or summat... :rolleyes:

I am so absolutely useless at desserts, they dont suit me. Pass the fish & chips. (Don't forget the scraps).

Wow!!That trifle monster sounds awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay.... I just got mine today..... Mr has requested I make him a cherry beer slushie for his birthday..... Wonder if it would work :)

woohooo just ordered one,cant wait for it to come now...xx

After coming across this I ordered a couple from amazon last night
Just been shopping and bought loads of fat free yog - not someting i normally buy cos i find it a bit tangy, and I have a huge sweet tooth.

Erminturde, thanks for the heads up on Lorann oils, i had never heard of these either, so ordered choclolate, peanut, pina colada, and a couple of others - lol might have got a bit carried away

So now awaiting my delivery and going to give this a shot :)

My fav thing is peanut butter and chocolate - drooool, so going to be interesting having a play

Oh no! The Peanut butter one is DISGUSTING!!! It smells ok, but just tastes greasy.

Shrimpy - really oh booo
It's a conspiracy, every time I think I have found a way to be a bit good whilst enjoying my favourite things it backfires lol

I was soooo disappointed. I was so excited at having peanut butter and jam on toast for only a HExB and 1 syn and I had to throw it out!

Hmmmmm, unsure. Made myself a mix of Total 0% yogurt, Quark, Splenda and the Amaretto oil - it tasted nice, creamy, sweet and I could smell the Amaretto loads and taste it OK... not sure if I put enough in, maybe another couple of drops next time.

The slush thing Im not sure though, I kept stirring it on and off and not a lot seemed to be happening then it suddenly started to get really thick so I started scoffing it... nice and thick and creamy but once its that cold all the flavour seemed to be gone :( Ill try again with something different tomorrow maybe. And I cant fathom how you can shift the rock solid bit that forms at the bottom. I kept stirring it but it seems that its the bottom that does all the work and I just couldn't stop it freezing totally down there.
Yeah I think this would work better with something more watery, not yogurt.

I had the same experience with the Total. I added a tablespoon of my Hershey's syrup to it and it tasted fab, but was just too thick and I found it really difficult to stir. Mullerlights, however, are perfect for it! Just the right texture, in my opinion.

Back