smaller losses...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by FeeneyFooFoo, 10 October 2011 Social URL.

1. FeeneyFooFoo

FeeneyFooFoo Full Member

Hi all,

do you have any tips for putting a disappointing weigh in behind you??

I'm usually very positive and understand that everyone body works differently etc...

but when I weighed in this week and saw 2lb off, I literally could have cried, and was in a sad mood for the best part of the evening.

I do SS+ but figured I could lose 2lb on WW and have eaten all week!!!

Was V disheartened... I've stuck with it as I'm trying to get the zip up on a dress for the weekend of the 21st, but am running out of time and running out of ideas...

:(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. harrisje

harrisje Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Keep Going

:sigh:i am doing CD for the second time and on day 7 (total loss 8lbs) i found that weeks 3 and 4 can have low weight losses but it does pick up week 5 and 6 so dont give up . Good luck and hope this helped:wave_cry:

4. FeeneyFooFoo

FeeneyFooFoo Full Member

aww thank you..

that dress needs to zip up next friday or the people at my event might be seeing more than they bargained for!!!

so have 11 days to make it happen!

I don't know of any quicker way to lose weight, I was going to add excersize, but as people have said it stopped them losing I haven't done that, can't risk it!

feel so helpless!!!

lol....

5. harrisje

harrisje Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i still do some exercise but dont go mad :) i am sure you will look great in your dress

6. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    Stick with it! To keep you motivated try looking at your loss to date, not just this week in isolation.

Try upping your water. When I go from 3litres to 4litres, my losses are always higher.

7. goodlard

goodlard Olivia

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(14.42%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Your loss may not have been what you'd hoped for, but maybe you've lost inches. Maybe your daily life, without additional exercise, has boosted your muscle mass. Don't be disheartened, hun. Reward yourself for your hard efforts with non-food items, such as a bubble bath and a face mask. You deserve both! And you'll probably find that next week gives you a bumper loss. :)

8. FeeneyFooFoo

FeeneyFooFoo Full Member

:) thank you all...

OK - operation drown in water will commence!!!

Have booked a fish pedicure at the weekend to treat myself, haven't treated my feet in AGES!

ur a lovely bunch - glad I found you all ((GROUP HUG))

xx

9. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    you've had pretty good losses so far. it's just one week. the average is a stone a month on SS (a little less on SS+), so around or just under 3lbs a week - and that means for every week you have 4lbs, you'll have one of two.

i know myself how gutting it can be, but 2lbs on SW or WW would be a good week, and this is a bad one. plus it's much easier to stick to, knowing there will be big weeks to come - far bigger than you'd get on the other diets.

10. choufleur

choufleur Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(11.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I love this post spangles. I wish I could cut it out and stick it on my wall :D

I know how you feel, FeenyFooFoo. I've been a bit disheartened by what I've seen as "low" losses too, but it's the magic of this place that makes you realise that whilst it might seem low, it's one hell of a lot more than you might lose elsewhere and hey, we're actually LOSING! Yay!

I've already lost more in 4 weeks than what my work colleague has on WW in nearly 6 months...take that and party, as they say :lol:

11. lauren-1986

lauren-1986 Feeling Motivated

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Did your CDC measure you? I have found that on weeks of lower weight loss, I have still lost the inches.

You just need to concentrate on making it through the next week and look forward to a better loss next week. Also don't stress, when I was stressed I only lost 1lb!! Eek

12. FeeneyFooFoo

FeeneyFooFoo Full Member

thanks everyone, 2lb is better off my backside than on it...

onwards and upwards for fridays weigh in :)

xxx

13. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    I had rubbishy old 2lb this week too,dont worry hun ignore it and carry on,thats what im doing xx

14. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    I had a 2lb loss this week too and I did cry, I talked it through with my CDC and I've done nothing wrong that she can see, I drink 3-4litres of water and stick to it 100%. It's only my second week back on CD so I was gutted by the 2lbs but I'm just trying to think longer term and hope that my losses will even out to a stone a month!

I know you've got the added pressure of the dress and I sincerely hope you make it, so don't let this loss hold you back, keep going and it will come off! Xx

15. pandorasinbox

pandorasinbox Queen Geek

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(29.54%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (Formerly LLT)
    I like to think of it like this: those 2lb weeks are evened out by the 5lb weeks (or 7lb weeks sometimes! :eek:) and what other diet can almost guarantee you'll lose a stone every month?

Everyone seems to have a few slow weeks after the initial burst. Weight loss isn't everything either. You might find you only dropped 2lbs in weight, but lost a heck of a lot of inches off your overall size!

Don't worry - it should pick up again soon! :)

16. FeeneyFooFoo

FeeneyFooFoo Full Member

Thanks again all :)

defo going to up my water and see if that helps get things moving :)

17. shrinkin'violet

shrinkin'violet Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(25.24%)
    Diet:
    CWP
    2lbs is double what I lost this week :( lol well done all in the right direction eh :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.