Smelly Elle's fantastic diary: Weight Loss? What Weight Loss?

AAAAALRIGHTY THEEEEN. lets get this diary post over with lol. I did SAY i was going to not weigh myself till fri, didn't i puggs? didn't i? haha. not so. day 2 and i failed again. but the reason was that yesterday i had a day full of exercise, i walked mega amounts and then went and played tennis with my little sis for an hour which was fun but tiring. hence i wasn't on last night as i kind of collapsed on the sofa when i came in haha. anyway, i weighed myself, came out at 14st 2lbs! which is one less than yesterday. but im not keeping my hopes up as in week one, since I know what's possible lol. I'm so going to be heavier tomorrow morning but it doesnt matter, at least i'm less than when I started. and today I bought a SIZE 14 dress. granted it's from new look, who have notoriously big sizes. but it's still a big deal for me. and i tried on some size 14 shorts and they fit too. so im very happy.

today's been pretty cool, porridge for brekkie with honey, think i calculated that at around 224 cals. then my lunch was from boots lol, 285 tuna sandwich, 44 cals for apple and grape pack + water. so thats like, 553. and i had a coffee and chick pea stew and salad and, like, 2 chips (literally) aaaand a few prunes and dried figs. oh and 2 apricots. hmmm.... maybe ive had a bit too much hahaha. i really dont know how much that is altogether but i hope its under 1500....

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Sounds like you have had a good day, doesn't sound too bad at all. Good for you, for tackling all that exercise in one day, that would certainly tempt me to the scales so your not alone there. ;)

Congrats on your hard work so far to be able to buy a size 14 dress, I bet your really pleased. :) Keep up the good work, I will keep reading your diary with interest.

Take care and have a beautiful day tomorrow, no matter what. :)

thanks time lady:) i'll certainly try...although it will be packed full of..ironing haha. this is what i do with my days off.. how woeful lol x

A loss is better than a gain isn't it? I read that article too... quite made my day it did

so i presume you're doing it the same way as me dorcas?? :) woop! how's it going for you?

I'm gonna keep shouting at you until you stop weighing yourself :p

haha i can't hear yaaaa. just one moooooore time?? purleeeease. one more time tomorrow...thursday...and then weigh in on friday hahaha. i'm a sly beehatch sometimes, am i :p

*cough*

May have had a wee look on the scales today *cough*

But know I certainly wont after the days after today and tomorrow!

thanks time lady:) i'll certainly try...although it will be packed full of..ironing haha. this is what i do with my days off.. how woeful lol x
Hiya, how has your day been? Did you get any ironing done? You can see it as a bit of exercise for your arms ;)

Did you resist getting on the scales today? It looks like your mate puggso caved lol. To be honest so did I, I had a peek too. ;) So you are not alone.

helloooo freundinen. today i did indeed resist the scales! go me. however, tis official WI tomorrow haha. i've had a mixed day, yes i did iron and ive just been swimming. but i have spent the latter part of the day picking at food and ive had around 9 maltesers which im annoyed at myself about. went to have a 10th but shoved it in my sisters mouth before i could put it in mine hahaha. ive just had one of those days where i want to eat eat eat. :'( i wouldve been ok with it had it of been tomorrow but unfortunalmente it's the day before my weigh in hahaha. so im not very positive about tomorrow morning. we'll see...

off to have a shower now because i dont half smell of chlorine... xxx

weigh in this morning came out at..... 14st 3lbs. so that's 2lb off and puts me officially below 200lb....which i didnt realise was a target for me until i celebrated the fact profusely this morning by doing a little dance in the bathroom. so to spur myself on, i've created a couple of other targets for myself which will also induce a few dance moves when i've achieved them. Any suggestions/favoured dance moves i should consider using? hahaha.

in other news, i'm ABSOLUTELY SHATTERED today (and also have a headache). me and Gem are trying to figure out why as we speak. We've already decided it's not lack of sleep or lack of carbs... i'll keep you posted :p xxx

Well done :D :D :D

Brilliant, :party0049: go you. Well done on your 2lb weight loss, you certainly sound happy to be below the 200lb mark, I'm aiming for that too, although got a little bit further to go yet. I hope you achieve your next dance inducing targets, maybe you could try the moonwalk next? :D

Anyway congratulations.

Thank ye, thank ye! Sorry I haven't been around much guys (i.e. my two lovely readers haha), my inet at home seems to have decided to die on us and my dad's on a business trip to bangalore till fri and he's the only one who knows how to save it!

Lost another pound on the scales so far but it's not going to be official till this fri lol (yes...i'm still scale hopping...). 3 different people told me i was looking slimmer yesterday which made me muchas happy :D however, slightly worried tonight as i'm going to my uncles and we're having bangers and mash, but so far i've proven you can eat such foods in moderation and still lose weight (did i mention i binged on an entire packet of revels - the big sized one - on friday?! and ate my weight in bread too!) so fingers crossed for tonight, i'm going to try and keep my food intake to a minimum. I was originally planning on going swimming tonight but i havent been to my uncles in a while and i get on really well with his new wife, she's just moved over from lebanon to be with him, and she likes having me over for company. Haven't been round in ages because she feeds me too much so i thought i should probably go. however, i'm looking into going tomorrow morning before work.

lastly, i've been thinking things through concerning my weight loss and i really think my positive attitude this time round is the thing that's helping me lose weight and still eat some things that you wouldn't normally associate with dieting. See, normally I would have gone *binge - feel bad - starve myself - binge - feel bad - starve myself*...and the cycle continues. This time it's been *binge (but not as much..) - continue healthy eating and exercise*. ...check me out i'm so clever to have finally realised something so simple hahaha. i'm going to write a thesis on it!

:)

have excellent days xxxxxxx

p.s. time lady, good luck on getting below 200lbs!! :)

So i only lost a pound again in the last week...4 days till my next weigh in. today's been a little bit off for me though. and yesterday. yesterday in the sense that i ate too much and today in the sense that i feel like a frump. argh. i hate this feeling. However, i am going swimming later, which is good.

anyway, inspired by puggso, i'm going to put up a few images under the title "why you should go to edinburgh" lol...

because there's a mirror in the street that makes you thin:
P230508_162901.jpg

because there's random things to sit on in the street and pose..
P240508_1632.jpg

because it's hilly so you don't need to climb to the top of the tower so you can see the amazing views.
P240508_1754.jpg

because even the buildings give you goosepimples.
P240508_175701.jpg

P240508_1800.jpg

P240508_1815.jpg

because the people are chilled.
P240508_1802.jpg

because my nan loved it.
P240508_1805.jpg

because there is nothing that doesn't look amazing.
P240508_1811.jpg

because of this.
P250508_143801.jpg

Very nice pictures!

Never liked Edinburgh personally...far too pretentious for simple little west-coast me!

And a pound is still a pound!! Well done :D

:O pretentious?! wash thine mouth out with soap!! london pretentious? sure. las vegas pretentious? definitely. edinburgh? can't see it myself. lol. thanks puggsy :) x

Back