Smelly Elle's fantastic diary: Weight Loss? What Weight Loss?

I've put it in my reminders for mid October gem, they should be looking at next years functions by then love.

Well done Jim - I'll look forward to that one x

if anybody goes to tesco later, please could you check out the sizes of the celebration cakes that look like wedding cakes? the fruity ones and let me know how big they are? seriously considering them as budget wedding cakes but they look rather small...

Tescos tend to do yummy cakes. We've had their Christmas cakes and they're brilliant!

good to hear gem :D

i just don't want it to look like a mini cake. the asda large cakes are only 22.5cm across and 5cm deep... that to me does not a large cake make!!

Stick two together abz?

I'm off in a minute to check out some Mobility scooters with my Mother, She's had a couple of falls lately when she goes into town to do her shopping, and she is so damned independent, won't let us shop for her!!

if anybody goes to tesco later, please could you check out the sizes of the celebration cakes that look like wedding cakes? the fruity ones and let me know how big they are? seriously considering them as budget wedding cakes but they look rather small...
I'm just off to Tesco now Abz, I will take a look for you

There you go Abz - you get good service on here don't you x

Right Abz - I've looked at the ASDA cakes and the big one £13 something looks fine, the next one is £7 something and the little one is £6 something - sorry, didn't remember the odds. They are smooth iced rich fruit cakes and you can do anything you like with them. I don't think the big one is too small but it's up to you obviously x

Abz, I'm sorry but I didn't make it to Tesco as there was loads of traffic and I would have been late for my appointment. Sounds like Gem found some good ones in Asda though!

ASDA stuff is usually good quality - don't you think so Taz x

Morning. We found a suitable scooter but I'm going to have to arrange some lessons, my mum was all over the place, she'd have been mowing down pedestrians if it had been the open road. Mind you isn't that what they do. :D

well i looked at the asda ones online gem and the measurements really do look small!! but obviously i will have to wander in and have a looksee. may do that this weekend. i'm going to saunter into marky sparkies tomorrow aft as well to see whether or not they sell normal iced fruitcake rather than one of their wedding cakes as it will be cheaper :)

The ones in ASDA were called celebration cakes I think but they were in 3 sizes and a picture on the box showed one on top of the other. It looked fine for size to me. Don't forget that some sizes you see take the board into consideration. Best thing you can do is go and have a look x

Try smaller cake shops and cake decorating shops. A local one to me does plain, decorate yourself, cakes at a really reasonable price and good sizes

Back