Smint's Food Diary

Smint

Well, if I'm going to do this properly, I need to start tracking what I'm eating - and declaring it here will hopefully make me think twice.

Happy for any comments, criticisms or advice :)

Wednesday (Original Day)

Breakfast: Porridge (HEA + HEB)

Lunch: Tomato and vegetable soup, cottage cheese with onion and chives, fruit salad

Dinner: Cod steaks, tomato sauce (home made), new potatoes (HEB), carrots, spring greens

Snacks: Apple, Muller Light yogurt

No syns yet. Not sure what I fancy. Curly Wurly? Perhaps a glass of wine . . .

Syns: Curly Wurly 6

Last edited:
Thursday

Today, erm, well kind of ended up as neutral as everything was free/superfree

Breakfast: Porridge (HEB) made with milk (HEA)

Lunch: Vegetable curry (with some WW creme fraiche to finish it off - 3 syns)

Dinner: Home made carrot and coriander soup (I wasn't going to have this but I needed to use up my veg box carrots, and once I'd made it, it tasted so lovely I had two bowls of it)

Snacks: 2 Alpen Light bars (HEB), Pear, Apple

Not sure what else to have today syns-wise. Might be another Curly Wurly, or perhaps a Kit Kat

Friday: Red day

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: Carrot and coriander soup, monster fruit salad (melon, banana, summer fruits) with yogurt

Dinner: Tesco liver & onions (1.5 syns I think), 198g new potatoes (HEB), carrots, cabbage

Snacks: Ham, Curly Wurly (6 syns), 71g dried apricots (HEB), Milk (HEA)

Total syns = 7.5 (if I'm right about the liver & bacon)

Saturday: Red day

Brunch: Lean bacon, 2 eggs fried in Frylight, 2 Tesco Healthy Eating Cumberland sausages (2 syns), tomatoes

Dinner: Home made mushroom soup, 5 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese squares (HEA), Ryvita Minis (HEB)

Snack: Huge bowl of melon, banana, summer fruits, yogurt (1 syn), pear

Need another HEB . . . maybe apricots. Am saving some syns for tomorrow as am out for Sunday lunch

Sunday: Bad Red Day
blush_.gif

Went out to lunch with Mum and H before going to a concert. Some of the syns are a bit of a guess

Breakfast: Fruit salad of melon, banana, grapes, summer fruits and yogurt. Milk (HEA)

Lunch: Roast chicken dinner - chicken, boiled new potatoes (HEB), veg, Yorkshire pudding (2 syns), fruit crumble (16.5) and custard (5.5), 2 large glasses of red wine
liplick.gif
(17 syns)

Not actually eaten since then as so full!

OK, 41 syns, but I had a few spare from last week and (apart from the crumble but my Mum talked me into it, and probably the 2nd glass of wine!) I kept SW in mind and really enjoyed the meal

Weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see what the damage is then

Monday: Extra Easy

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB), Milk (HEA), banana

Lunch: Home made tomato and vegetable soup

Dinner: Chicken with a Quark/lemon juice/parsley/chilli stuffing, wrapped in bacon, on a bed of puy lentils with baby spinach in a dijon mustard sauce (1 syn), served with beetroot and shallots in a honey sauce (1 syn)

(it was the meal I was supposed to cook on Saturday, but we weren't hungry enough)

Will be having some fruit and a Muller Light later, and possibly a Curly Wurly (as it seems yesterdays lunch didn't have too major an impact)

Tuesday: Original day

Breakfast: Porridge (HEB), milk (HEA)

Lunch: Leftover chicken wrapped in bacon stuffed with Quark, lemon, parsley and chilli, with beetroot and shallots in honey (1 syn)

Dinner: Spicy Italian meatballs (3 syns) in tomato sauce with mushrooms, wholemeal pasta (HEB)

Snacks: Banana

Wasn't sure how many syns to allocate to the meatballs as I picked up lean mince rather than extra lean mince by mistake. I did oven bake them and poured off all the liquid. The book says 0.5 syns per 28g raw. Mine were 28g each (approx) but with onion, and I had 6, so I'll estimate 3 syns (which isn't desperately bad)

Feel a bit hard done by with the pasta - book said 35g raw = 100g cooked for a HEB. I weighed out 35g raw but it only weighed 80g cooked
weep.gif

Might have an orange or a pear later, and perhaps a Curly Wurly or some Laughing Cow Blue Cheese squares as a second HEA

Wednesday: Original day

Breakfast: Porridge (HEB), Milk (HEA)

Lunch: Leftover spicy meatballs in tomato sauce (3 syns)

Dinner: 3 Tesco Healthy Eating Cumberland Sausages (1.5 syns), cabbage, carrot, broccoli, leek with 5 melted Laughing Cow Blue Cheese squares (HEA). Half a tarte au citron (6 syns)

Snacks: Apple

Thursday: Original Day

Breakfast: Porridge (HEB), Milk (HEA)

Lunch: Butternut squash and red pepper soup, fruit salad

Dinner: Liver & bacon (1.5 syns), cabbage, carrots, leeks, brocolli

Snacks: Fruit salad, apple

Still have a HEB to go, so possibly 2 Alpen Bars later, or cheese and biscuits (Laughing Cow and Ryvita Minis)

A bit light on syns as well today, but I'm what sure what I fancy (if anything)

Friday: Green Day - yes really! Well, I like to be adventurous once in while
laugh.gif

Breakfast: All Bran (HEB), Milk (HEA), Banana

Lunch: Minted pea and ham soup (HEB)

Dinner: Jacket potato with cottage cheese (it was going to be baked beans as I ALWAYS have baked beans in the cupboard, except . . . )

Snacks: Pear, cherries

No syns as yet. Might have half a tarte au citron later, or some chocolate

Saturday: Extra Easy day (I think!)

Too cold to go out in the Jag so we ate at home

Lunch: Minted pea and ham soup, 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HEB), yogurt and summer fruits

Dinner: Pork chops, carrots, savoy cabbage, gravy (2 syns), apple sauce (1 syn) - I forgot to cook some potatoes
weep.gif

Snacks: Milk (HEA), half a tarte au citron (6 syns)

Not eaten very much fruit today - just not been hungry!

Sunday: Original Day

Brunch: Bacon and egg sandwich (HEB)

Dinner: Roast chicken, carrots, broccoli, leeks in wine, mustard and creme fraiche sauce (4 syns), gravy (1 syn)

Snacks: Cherries, apple, 2 Alpen Light bars (HEB), Milk (HEA), Muller Light yogurt

Hmm, weigh-in tomorrow and I'm feeling quite bloated. Hope that passes by the morning

Monday: Original Day

Lunch: Tomato and vegetable soup, banana

Dinner: Chicken, ham and veg pie (pastry 5 syns), French beans, peas (HEB)

Snacks: Apple, Milk (HEA), Mullerlight yogurt

Due another HEB later. Might be 2 Alpen Lights, or Laughing Cow Blue Cheese/BabyBel (HEA) and Ryvita Minis (HEB) depending on whether I fancy sweet or savoury

Tuesday: Original Day

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB), Milk (HEA)

Lunch: Tomato and vegetable soup, apple

Dinner: Portobello mushroom with low fat Brie (4.5 syns) and cranberry sauce (1 syn); venison steak with new potatoes/parsnips (HEB), asparagus, tenderstem broccoli; Ginni's lemon mousse with strawberries and raspberries; 3 glasses Prosecco (16.5 syns)

Snacks: Apple, banana, 2 hard boiled eggs

Wednesday: Original Day

Breakfast: All Bran (HEB), Milk (HEA), Banana

Lunch: Watercress and lettuce sandwich (HEB) - tasted much nicer than it sounds!

Dinner: Chicken, ham and leek pie (no pastry!), french beans

Snacks: Banana, 2 apples, chocolate limes (4.5 syns - ouch! Should have checked before I ate them!)

Last edited:

Breakfast: Portobello mushrooms, scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes, toast (HEB)

Lunch: Chicken, ham, salad

Dinner: Moroccan meatballs (6 syns), apricots (HEB), lemon mousse with strawberries and raspberries

Snacks: Milk (HEA), Banana

Friday: Original Day

Breakfast: Banana, melon, yogurt

Lunch: Watercress and lettuce sandwich (HEB)

Dinner: Went out for a curry - lamb tikka starter, chicken shashlick with plain rice, a couple of spoonfuls of saag bhaji, bhindi bhaji and vegetable sambar - hardly any oil and no sauce so guessing at 5 syns, pint of lager (10 syns)

Snacks: 2 apples, milk (HEA)

Not too bad for a meal out. Didn't have the poppadoms and went for sensible options and still had a drink!

Saturday: Original Day

Lunch: Pork chop, brocolli

Dinner: Mushroom soup, yogurt with summer fruits

Snacks: Pear, 2 sausages (1 syn), Mint Mullerlight, Curly Wurly (6 syns), Milk (HEA), banana

Oooh, missing a couple of HEBs!

Sunday: Original Day

Brunch: Bacon, scrambled egg, tomatoes, mushrooms

Dinner: Beef casserole (2 syns), new potatoes (HEB), carrots, cabbage

Snacks: Mullerlight, 2 Alpen Lights bars (HEB), Milk (HEA)

Weigh-in tomorrow morning!

I went out on a school night last night to see Simon Callow talking about Charles Dickens, and was baaaaaaad!

Monday: Green Day

Breakfast: All Bran (HEB), Milk (HEA), banana

Lunch: Cottage cheese with onion & chives, fruit salad, Mullerlight yogurt, apple

Dinner: Pizza Express Pasta Piccante (guessing at 10 syns - it was pasta in a tomato sauce with a few bits of pepperoni and veg), mixed salad, 2 glasses wine (11 syns)

Snacks: Apple, another glass of wine! (5.5 syns)

Tuesday: ANOTHER Green Day!

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB), Milk (HEA)

Lunch: Cottage cheese with onion & chives, fruit salad, Mullerlight yogurt

Dinner: Risotto with roasted butternut squash, peppers, fennel and asparagus with a glug of wine (1 syn), Parmesan (HEA) followed by SW pancakes (HEB) which were much nicer than I thought they'd be!

Snacks: Blood orange, apple

Wednesday: Original Day

Breakfast: Bite-size Shredded wheat (HEB) with milk (HEA)

Lunch: Roast beef slices, boiled egg and potato salad (half HEB), fruit salad

Dinner: Prawn and avocado salad (5 syns for the avocado, 1.5 syns for the very low fat mayonnaise)

Snack: Alpen light bar (half HEB), Mullerlight, 3 jelly babies (3 syns)

Had avocadoes in the veg box this week, they were only small so not too bad syns-wise

Last edited:

Breakfast: Shredded wheat (HEB), Milk (HEA)

Lunch: Small portion leftover beef casserole (1 syn), carrots, kale

Dinner: 2 cod in sauce (3 syns), potatoes (HEB), carrots, broccoli, spring greens

Snacks: Pear, orange, Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Went for a walk at Wisley Gardens and planted 24 raspberry canes, so got some exercise today!

Back