• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

smoked salmon - to syn or not to syn

S: 15st10lb C: 12st9lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 26.9 Loss: 3st1lb(19.55%)
I do SW at home online. I do red days only.

According to the website smoked salmon is a free food.

However, a friend at work is doing SW and goes to classes, she saw me eating said salmon and commented on it being a syn.

Apparently they had had a discussion with their consultant the night before and she had told their group that smoked salmon has a syn value.

So I have conflicting info - would appreciate if anyone can confirm or deny x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 14st10.5lb C: 13st5lb G: 12st1lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 1st5.5lb(9.44%)
I've always eaten smoked salmon as if it were free and it's never had any negative effects... I don't have my book on me, but I'm pretty sure it says smoked salmon is free.

Although smoked mackeral is not so my your friend's consultant got confused?

x

S: 14st1.1lb C: 14st1.1lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 32.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Glad I found this! I have only just tried smoked salmon and loved it, so to find out it is free has made my day :)

Auzelia

S: 15st3.5lb C: 15st0lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 32.9 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.64%)
in the new directory smoked salmon is down as free for red and extra easy.

Donzy84

Back to basics
S: 12st13lb C: 10st3lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 2st10lb(20.99%)
Phew panicked for a sec. smoked salmon is my reward when i've had a good week. Just wish it was cheaper :cry:

One of the reasons why I joined this site is that every time I google something to find its possible syn value, the answer lies here. :D

This has well made my night finding no syns in smoked salmon, going to treat myself to a posh breakfast tomorrow :gimi:

Smoked salmon defo a treat

To echo a previous post checked SW website for this and can't find the answer. And my directory, brand new, doesn't list it as free that I can see... Googled it and directed here - this site is a saviour.

S: 15st2.5lb C: 11st12lb G: 10st2.5lb BMI: 29.4 Loss: 3st4.5lb(21.88%)
Donzy84 said:
Phew panicked for a sec. smoked salmon is my reward when i've had a good week. Just wish it was cheaper :cry:
Donzy if you live by an aldi they do smoked salmon fillets in packs for about 1.50-ish absolutely delish. :)

S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
To echo a previous post checked SW website for this and can't find the answer. And my directory, brand new, doesn't list it as free that I can see... Googled it and directed here - this site is a saviour.
:confused: It is most definitely free on the website:

rachpid

S: 21st11.5lb C: 17st11.5lb G: 13st4.5lb BMI: 39.1 Loss: 4st0lb(18.33%)
Sainsburys, Tesco and Asda do packs of Smoked Salmon ends - basically the bits left once they've cut the nice square slices. They vary in price but are all under a pound. Perfect for putting on a jacket potato or mixing into some pasta!