smoked salmon - to syn or not to syn

3106Catherine

Silver Member
I do SW at home online. I do red days only.

According to the website smoked salmon is a free food.

However, a friend at work is doing SW and goes to classes, she saw me eating said salmon and commented on it being a syn.

Apparently they had had a discussion with their consultant the night before and she had told their group that smoked salmon has a syn value.

So I have conflicting info - would appreciate if anyone can confirm or deny x

Phew panicked for a sec. smoked salmon is my reward when i've had a good week. Just wish it was cheaper :cry:

One of the reasons why I joined this site is that every time I google something to find its possible syn value, the answer lies here. :D

This has well made my night finding no syns in smoked salmon, going to treat myself to a posh breakfast tomorrow :gimi:

Smoked salmon defo a treat

To echo a previous post checked SW website for this and can't find the answer. And my directory, brand new, doesn't list it as free that I can see... Googled it and directed here - this site is a saviour.

To echo a previous post checked SW website for this and can't find the answer. And my directory, brand new, doesn't list it as free that I can see... Googled it and directed here - this site is a saviour.

:confused: It is most definitely free on the website:

6222622318_54e6f24f2a_o.jpg

Sainsburys, Tesco and Asda do packs of Smoked Salmon ends - basically the bits left once they've cut the nice square slices. They vary in price but are all under a pound. Perfect for putting on a jacket potato or mixing into some pasta!

Back