Smoothies Homemade - Any good for weight lose?

I generally eat v.healthy and have egg for breakfast or fish but I'm quite taken with the idea of having smoothies instead. I don't drink milk, so use soya, unsweetened and chop and change between banana with cinammon to peaches and some honey. The smoothie ideas i have thought of are simple like the two listed above but i wondered if anyone has had any experience and can give some pros or cons to this new idea of mine? Thanks v.much!

Honestly, I have a smoothie for breakfast a couple of times a week and I never use milk in it. I don't know what diet you're doing, but as long as I count it towards my calorie goal I find that it's a healthy alternative to breakfast.

Personally, I put 1 chopped apple, a chopped banana, a splash of pure orange juice and a handful of frozen raspberries and blueberries into a blender and blend. The frozen fruits keep the drink really cool and crisp, you're using the whole fruit so you're getting all the goodness, and you're getting all of your 5 a day in one meal :)

I love smoothies but haven't had them since being on the Slimming World diet as we are told that mashing/pureeing/smoothing/juicing fruit/veg takes out their goodness. I never remember the scientific argument for that but I can tell you this, more to Sammii than to OP: If you ate that fruit when you felt hungry during the day, rather than blending it all together and having it in one go, wouldn't you eat less calories in other things? Because if you're snacking, you're eating and you physically feel fuller than if you drink something - maybe that's just me? Like orange juice - people drink it with a meal thinking oh yeah I'm being well healthy, having OJ rather than a beer. Not really, as those 200 calories come from about 8 oranges. If you'd eaten those oranges for dessert instead - well nevermind, you wouldn't be able to! You'd probably have one or two, maybe three if you were really hungry/bored/whatever, but you'd have a lot less calories and get a lot fuller!

My post waffled a bit, lol, sorry. Smoothies are lovely saraloo :) And yours sound wicked Sammii :) xxx

Back