Smoothies

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Sam, 8 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Sam

Sam Banned

People suggested me to go jogging before breaskfast, because it is not so good to exercise with a full stomach. But without haveing eaten anything I usually feel dizzy quite fast. Nevertheless I want to keep on with my work-out and so I was told to drink something like a smoothie before jogging. Does anyone have a good recipe which is low on points? Maybe which is even free?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

hi sam ,sorry i havnt all the smoothies ive tried are high in pointsxx

4. Sam

Sam Banned

That is such a pity. Actually I thought you don't need anything but fruits, maybe some milk or juice, do you? Well, but I have never prepared a smoothie before so I might be wrong :) So what kind of ingredients did the smoothie which you tried have? Maybe I could just leave a few ingredients or replace them by fat free or even completely different ones!

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I used to make smoothies (well, I made one once or twice, lol!) and I think I just used fruit and milk - that was it. On the points plan you couldn't make a 0 point smoothie because all fruit costs points (though not many, so it wouldn't have to be high in points) unless you used veg, which I can't imagine anyone apart from Gillian McKieth doing, haha. If you're on the core plan (or no count, whatever it's called these days) then using fruit and skimmed milk would be fine for breakfast because it's all on the no count list (I think).

6. Sam

Sam Banned

Me neither. I prefer fruit smoothies too. I can't imagine drinking something like a shake made of carrots :) Anyways a shake made of fruits and milk shouldn't have to many points. So I guess I will just give it a try tomorrow morning. I will let you know if it was drinkable :)

7. ls25

ls25 Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The innocent detox smoothie (with blueberries, pomegranate and something else...) has 2 points per 250ml glass. And it's pretty tasty too. There are some in that range for 1.5 points too.

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You should be able to make a smoothy for not too many points, fruit is SO low in points.

I LOVE smoothies.... definitely worth the points ;)

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I must admit, I'm not really a smoothie fan - I'd prefer a milk shake ANY day, lol.

10. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

snap lolx

11. Sam

Sam Banned

I just made my first own smoothie :) It was really tasty concerning that it was my first one :) I just put 2 bananas, a little bit of milk and a little bit of juice into the blender. Oh and of course ice.
    Milk shakes are still better, but they are so high on calories and I think that smoothies are really a light alternative!

12. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Nesquick isn't very high in points (about 2 points for a glass I think) if you mix it with skimmed milk (and you really can't tell it's skimmed milk you're using)....I'd much prefer one of those myself, yum yum.

13. dellybelly

dellybelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers propoints
    Have you tried a handful of frozen raspberries, a small banana, a ww vanilla yoghurt and some milk (taken from your daily 500ml allowance.?) I think you could do up a gorgeous smoothie for (I think the above would be about 2?? points.

A great way to start the day if you're not a breakfast eater!

14. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

that sounds really nice and bet its really fillingx

15. Sam

Sam Banned

Only two points for a class of nesquik? I didn't know that. That is not to bad either and I am going to try it too.
    And thanks a lot for your smoothie recipe dellybelly. That sounds so delicious! I am definitely going to try this soon! If you have some more great ideas how to make a tasty smoothie, please let me know!

16. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.