Smothered Chicken - Speed Food Galore

skinnymrstobe

This is one of my fave recipes that i created to get loads of speed food into my meals! It goes down really well in our house!!

Serves 2

Syn Free or 1.75 Syns per serving when Discovery Fajita Mix is used

Ingredients

2 Chicken Breasts (SPEED)
1 x 500ml Carton Passata (SPEED)
1 x Red Pepper (SPEED)
1 x Green Pepper (SPEED)
1 x Onion (SPEED)
Handful of Mushrooms (SPEED)
Paprika or Discovery Fajita Mix 30g (3.5 Syns)
Fresh Chillies (optional) (SPEED)

Method

1. Preheat oven to 190 deg
  2. Chop the Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms and Chillies and put into blender with the passata and blitz until smooth (blending is optional if you like a "chunky" sauce)
  3. Add your chosen seasoning (Paprika or fajita mix) and stir in well
  4. Put the chicken breasts into an ovenproof dish & poor the sauce over the chicken ensuring that the chicken is fully covered
  5. Place in the oven for 20 - 25 mins
  6. Serve (I suggest SW chips or wedges & a side salad)

Optional Extras

Try grilling rashers of bacon and adding them on top of the chicken breast covered with a HExA portion of cheese and returning to the oven until the cheese melts

ITS WORTH NOTING THAT ONE FAJITA MIX WOULD BE ENOUGH IF YOU WERE TO DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF CHICKEN AND SAUCE AS THEY ARE VERY FLAVOURFUL.

Sounds delicous!
I love the discovery fajita mix, and make the chicken, onion and peppers with it, and serve with boiled rice and salsa, saving all thost tortilla syns.

I love the fajita mix it makes for some yummy meals!! I mix with turkey mince and chopped onions and peppers and make fajita burgers!

It also makes an awesome BBQ marinade if mixed with water!!

Even my OH loves these meals!!

What a great idea. Sounds lovely

bump - sounds delicious

I get so excited about my every day meals now because all the SW meals are great! Will add this one to the menu for next week! Thanks for sharing!!!

Mmm sounds yum. On my list to make this week. I think I'm gonna keep the chicken marinated in the sauce over night to make it even more delicious.

I've marinated the breasts with the tomato sauce.. It makes a lot of it I have to say! Going to cook it for our supper tomorrow.

Hmmm. The chicken breast was deliciously succulent, however I felt it lacked flavour. I love the concept of it tho so going to put in my own spices next time I think..

This sounds just like my kinda food, gotta give it a try, but as I do prefer chunkier sauces I'd probably leave the veggies unblitzed and use chopped tomatoes rather than passata.

Back