Smothered Chicken - Speed Food Galore

slimming sinead said:
This sounds gorgeous :). If I make it with paprika rather than the discovery sauce do I still use 30g of paprika??

Hi there, I used to guess with the paprika & would put a tablespoon in, but we like it spicy.....will be trial & error really!

Hope you enjoy

This is one of my fave recipes that i created to get loads of speed food into my meals! It goes down really well in our house!!

Serves 2

Syn Free or 1.75 Syns per serving when Discovery Fajita Mix is used

Ingredients

2 Chicken Breasts (SPEED)
1 x 500ml Carton Passata (SPEED)
1 x Red Pepper (SPEED)
1 x Green Pepper (SPEED)
1 x Onion (SPEED)
Handful of Mushrooms (SPEED)
Paprika or Discovery Fajita Mix 30g (3.5 Syns)
Fresh Chillies (optional) (SPEED)

Method

1. Preheat oven to 190 deg
  2. Chop the Onions, Peppers, Mushrooms and Chillies and put into blender with the passata and blitz until smooth (blending is optional if you like a "chunky" sauce)
  3. Add your chosen seasoning (Paprika or fajita mix) and stir in well
  4. Put the chicken breasts into an ovenproof dish & poor the sauce over the chicken ensuring that the chicken is fully covered
  5. Place in the oven for 20 - 25 mins
  6. Serve (I suggest SW chips or wedges & a side salad)

Optional Extras

Try grilling rashers of bacon and adding them on top of the chicken breast covered with a HExA portion of cheese and returning to the oven until the cheese melts

ITS WORTH NOTING THAT ONE FAJITA MIX WOULD BE ENOUGH IF YOU WERE TO DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF CHICKEN AND SAUCE AS THEY ARE VERY FLAVOURFUL.

wow sounds gorgeous, i know what im having for tea tonight!!:D

skinnymrstobe said:
Hi there, I used to guess with the paprika & would put a tablespoon in, but we like it spicy.....will be trial & error really!

Hope you enjoy

That's brilliant. Thanks a million. :)

I made this yesterday and it was fab. A great recipe. I didn't have the fajhita mix, so read the ingredients of it on Tesco online and added all of the ones I had, so syn free! Garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder, oregano and paprika I think. Yum!

:) Just got to say, thanks for putting this recipe up, its fantastic, especially as I was really missing a Mexican flavour....thank you, tasted fantastic..:D

My right hand is in plaster so I have recently bought frozen chopped onions, mushrooms and mixed peppers that are sitting unopened in the freezer. I also have passata and paprika in the cupboard. Guess who's popping down to Tesco Express tomorrow to buy chicken breasts?!

Cooked this last night and it was so good (and easy) that I made it again tonight with Thin Lizzie sausages in lieu of chicken. Loveerrrrrrrly!

I made this last nite with chunky red an green peppers,onion,chestnut mushrooms an pasatta,i only used 1 teaspoon of paprika,would definetly use more next time! Which is in fact tonight as it was so good,i had it with chicken breasts an boiled rice. My only critism is mine took 1hr in the oven to cook,the chicken was still raw after 25mins so i turned the oven to fan an 220oc for 35mins. It was perfect! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

My only critism is mine took 1hr in the oven to cook,the chicken was still raw after 25mins so i turned the oven to fan an 220oc for 35mins. It was perfect! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

Me too! Fan oven on 190C and after 25 mins still raw. Cut the breasts in half and put back in for another 30+ mins and it was nicely cooked.

i had this again tonight using diced chicken which i cooked through in a pan using alittle fry light then added all the other ingrediants and cooked on the hob for 30mins. As nice as using the oven but in alot less time and no preheating the oven. A firm favourite from now on,going to try it with skinless boneless cod fillets for a change.

This sounds absolutely delicious. I'm going to try it tonight as my first Slimming World meal :D

I made this for tea but used turkey breast (got them out of freezer by mistake), was lovely!! Only took 25 mins! I used less of the fajita pack prob 1/4 as I am not keen on spice. Served with new potatoes and veg (picture on my food diary) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tried this last night. Used with four chicken breasts instead of 2, so one for tea tonight, then a couple for the freezer :D I used canned tomatoes instead of passata, chilli powder instead of chillies, and frozen mixed peppers (defrosted) instead of fresh red and green. Served with syn-free chips. Was very yummy and am feeling hungry thinking about tucking in again tonight ;)

Thanks for this recipe sounds gorgeous and something everyone here will eat and have all the ingredients in..... Happy days x

Back