Snacking help needed!

Sarahj82

My main trouble is the very strong urge to snack in the evenings in front of the tv once the children have gone to bed. Can anyone suggest any yummy free or low syn snack ideas that don't take ages to prepare and are not fruit or yogurt please? Thanks in advance x

Hi Sarah,

I make a batch of the SW mini Quiches up with quark at the weekend then they are in the fridge to grab when hunger strikes! other ideas are cooked chicken pieces/drumsticks (with Skin off) babybels or cheese triangles if you have your HEXA to use, Alpen light bars are only 4 syns i think, boiled eggs always handy - again i do a few and save in fridge.

hope that helps! xx

I love them, have to make double now as my fella loves them too even though he isnt on SW!! And with Quark they taste lovely and cheesy without using up your Cheese allowance! Yummm!!x

Weetabix muffins are my saviour! I save my HEXB for evening, crumble 2 weetabix and mix with 2 beaten eggs, a tablespoon of sweetner, half a tub of quark and an options/highlights sachet. Mix together and put in muffin cases in oven at 180 for 20 mins. Lovely! I sometimes make them for breakfast and snack on them through the day.

My favourite slobbing in front of the TV snacks are:

Vegetable crisps. (using a mandolin finely slice celeriac, carrot and beetroot - place on a baking tray in one layer - spray with fry light and sprinkle with salt - or if you like salt and vinegar crisps get some of this: MaltSalt.jpgwhich is AWESOME) and place in an oven for about 10 minutes or until the crisps are ready! You can also do a potato this way - you're meant to syn them if you do but I think as a once a week treat it's not too big a deal.

Sweet - 1 tub of quark with options stirred through with defrosted frozen cherries. A bit like black forest gateau cheesecake.

My absolute favourite is frozen cherries warmed through in the microwave until warm, with cold greek yogurt and a drizzle of syrup - a couple of syns at most.

Vegetable crisps. (using a mandolin finely slice celeriac, carrot and beetroot - place on a baking tray in one layer - spray with fry light and sprinkle with salt - or if you like salt and vinegar crisps get some of this: View attachment 163363which is AWESOME) and place in an oven for about 10 minutes or until the crisps are ready! You can also do a potato this way - you're meant to syn them if you do but I think as a once a week treat it's not too big a deal.

Sweet - 1 tub of quark with options stirred through with defrosted frozen cherries. A bit like black forest gateau cheesecake.

My absolute favourite is frozen cherries warmed through in the microwave until warm, with cold greek yogurt and a drizzle of syrup - a couple of syns at most.

I really fancy trying the beetroot and carrot "crisps" - am going to treat myself to a mandolin (can see a hospital visit in the near future though)

I'm the same. I'm never really hungry just get the munchies! At the moment I just combat it by trying to keep busy, or having a long bath, instead of sitting watching the TV.

I'm not really a fan of diet foods, I'd rather have a little butter or sugar than a lot of margarine and sweetener, if you know what I mean. So if I really need something to nibble on I go for a few squares of chocolate or a packet of crisps and syn them.

I like savoury snacks on an evening I keep a pile of celery sticks and carrot sticks together with mixed pickles and pickled onions and make a syn free dip from a slecetion on Sw website and munc and dip my way through them.

I love the sweet and savoury mug shots which are free. I also like to freeze the Turkish Delight flavoured muller light yoghurts. These feel like you're having a really indulgent snack, but are free also.

I make the pasta based quiche as well, which is free and so satisfying and filling!

Vegetable crisps. (using a mandolin finely slice celeriac, carrot and beetroot - place on a baking tray in one layer - spray with fry light and sprinkle with salt - or if you like salt and vinegar crisps get some of this: View attachment 163363which is AWESOME) and place in an oven for about 10 minutes or until the crisps are ready! You can also do a potato this way - you're meant to syn them if you do but I think as a once a week treat it's not too big a deal.

Technically it's a tweak and SW do not advocate the usage of veggies like this as you reduce their filling power and could potentially harm your losses at the scales.
I challenged an area manager regarding syncing them and she said that a large batch could potentially get to about 10 syns so proceed with caution!

Other things you could do would be Syn free felafel, using chick peas and some other veggies so they are full of protein.

I love snacking on cucumber sticks, homemade houmous (there's some great recipe's out there)
my new fave snack is sweet potato chips.
1 potato is enough to make a massive portion.
I season them with garlic pepper and chilli flakes. cook in the oven for about 40 minutes.

I sometimes save my HEB and eat Weetabix crunchy bran as a snack. It takes ages to eat them one at a time.

I know you said no yoghurt but I swear by danio yoghurt, I like the strawberry one is 1 syns and the passion fruit is 1 1.5 syns i am sure. they are a great wee treat when I feel like im going to give in and get a mars bar I get one of them. same with rocky road bars from class they are 3 syns and I feel like they are again a wee chocolaty treat. don't know how much help that is but it helps me :) x

They're not for everyone, but I've been eating a lot of crabsticks since starting SW. Other than that, boiled eggs, mullerlights, gherkins. I do struggle a bit as our oven is currently broken so I can't do vegetable crisps or syn-free chips or anything like that. Just having to improvise at the moment!

Forgot to mention as well, I have Alpen Light bars as my hexb, so I'll have one with breakfast, and have my second one as a snack later in the day. Almost went for the chocolate earlier but had a toffee mullerlight and a double chocolate Alpen Light instead.

Back