Snacks Snacks for the Non-Sweet of tooth!!

Hello Everyone,

I've been reading the Forum since I started Slimming world but that was only just over two weeks ago so I apologise if this has already been asked.

There are loads of great Sweet Tooth snack recipes but seem to be few for the savoury palette... I love savoury foods and I'm am finding my biggest battle is finding something that I can have or make as a snack.

Before Slimming World I would make Marmite Popcorn in the belief that Popcorn was fairly low in fat if popped without fat... I have since realised that its still a chuffing lot of Syns for any decent quantity...

My weigh in day is Wednesday so I like to do a green day on a Friday as I retain Carbs lots... then for the weekend I go Extra easy and then do red until weight in.

Does anyone have some good ideas to help me out please??

Cheers

Welcome to Minimins, it's a great support.

Are you looking for things you can just grab and go?

On red days I snack on pieces of ham and Seafood Sticks (Seafood sticks are defo my saviour on red days!) Otherwise, you could have boiled eggs, they're quite filling. If I have Healthy Extras to spare I'll have some Ryvita with Cheese and Pickle. I sometimes cut up carrots/veg to dip in to some houmous.

Sorry if I'm not much help!

Melba toast! only half a syn each - could have them with philly light, any flavour. I like the sweet chilli. or make your own topping by mixing quark with spices, herbs etc

My new addiction is scan bran (or any other dark crispbread) liberally spread with marmite and then some cheese on top. They taste a bit like the cheese moments snacks you can buy in pubs.

You can have 5 scan bran as a hexb and a hexa amount of cheese, the marmite is free.

If I'm doing red/green then I have these as my second hex's as an evening snack. (with lots of tea or water as it makes me really thirsty)

Thanks for all your ideas... Boiled eggs and Smoked salmon have saved me this week and I lost 4lb so hit my half a stone.

BTW I LOVE Marmite and Cheese so that Scan-Bran idea sounds great... where do you buy scan-bran?? I'm off shopping tomorrow night.

Anyone else think that the downside to Slimming world is constantly shopping for fruit and veg lol?? I live in the sticks so maybe I notice it more?

Week 1 - 3.5lb :D
Week 2 - +0.5lb :cry:
Week 3 - 4lb:D

I get a veg box delivered from Riverford, It's not very cheap but worth it to get a mix delivered to my door. I get a seasonal box and a fruit box for about £20 a week.

Scan bran can be bought from SW group or Holland and Barratt. I used to hate it, but I've come to love it. It really does help with the weight loss too.

Back