Sneaky caramel egg.....bad idea!!! tmi!

Kayleigh1986

Ive veen craving chocolate for a few days now but have managed to walk past all the easter eggs...but yesterday i had a cadburys caramel egg....and well...ive had my first visit from Mr. T!

Well...that will teach me!

Im struggling a bit now with different foods to eat, as some of you will know i suffer from food neophobia so i struggle eating any foods i havent ever tried before. getting a bit fed up of eating the same things now....

Oh dear Kayleigh, not good! I haven't had him visit yet & the fear is still really high lol! So what are you eating? Are you on MFP, if so add me & look at my diary that might give you some ideas, I know its hard for you but little bit at a time x

if u want choccy eat the weight watchers desserts. I have them and there in the rules of xenical and dont get no side effects. xx

I am expecting a visit from Mr T imminently. Last night we had a bottle of wine with dinner, which led to another and then onto the last of the Christmas whisky.

Today I feel somewhat delicate and have eaten half a box of festive friends and some truffles. I may live to regret it!!!

ohh I love Caramel eggs. No chance of having one this year and surviving without Mr T. Damn.
Hope Mr T leaves you alone soon x

Ive veen craving chocolate for a few days now but have managed to walk past all the easter eggs...but yesterday i had a cadburys caramel egg....and well...ive had my first visit from Mr. T!

Well...that will teach me!

Im struggling a bit now with different foods to eat, as some of you will know i suffer from food neophobia so i struggle eating any foods i havent ever tried before. getting a bit fed up of eating the same things now....

really sorry it is miserable when Mr T visits. hope it soon goes

about your phobia have you thought of asking for a referral to a commumity dietician who could work with you to look at your diet to be able to vary it. i dont known if they could look at the stuff you can eat and perhaps different ways of preparing it to add some variety. hope you can sort something out as i dont want you to give up cos you are fed up of the same foods.

really sorry it is miserable when Mr T visits. hope it soon goes

about your phobia have you thought of asking for a referral to a commumity dietician who could work with you to look at your diet to be able to vary it. i dont known if they could look at the stuff you can eat and perhaps different ways of preparing it to add some variety. hope you can sort something out as i dont want you to give up cos you are fed up of the same foods.

i went to the doctors 2 weeks ago to ask if there was any help i could get. he actually had to google my condition in front of me so i knew i wasnt going to get much help from me. He told me im just a fussy eater and ive got 2 options, either try new things or dont, but he said he doesnt think i have a problem. i told him that the thought of trying something new actually upsets me that mcuh that i cry....but nope :-(

i went to the doctors 2 weeks ago to ask if there was any help i could get. he actually had to google my condition in front of me so i knew i wasnt going to get much help from me. He told me im just a fussy eater and ive got 2 options, either try new things or dont, but he said he doesnt think i have a problem. i told him that the thought of trying something new actually upsets me that mcuh that i cry....but nope :-(

he was as much help as a chocolate fireguard - have you googled the complaint and looked for advice forums? do you have another GP in the practice you could talk to. could you make an appt to see the practice nurse? could you ask to see a psychologist? you must be feeling desperate but i keep feeling you cannot be the only one out there and there must be some form of help for you. what are the foods you are able to eat?

he was as much help as a chocolate fireguard - have you googled the complaint and looked for advice forums? do you have another GP in the practice you could talk to. could you make an appt to see the practice nurse? could you ask to see a psychologist? you must be feeling desperate but i keep feeling you cannot be the only one out there and there must be some form of help for you. what are the foods you are able to eat?

yes im going to go back and see someone else, he made me feel like i was stupid.

im basically stuck to foods i have eaten before, my die has been awful all my life really, when i was little my nan would make me something and i would say, i dont like it, without trying it, and she would just make me something different...i think thats where its started from.

Currently...im just about coping, but the only low fat healthy foods i like are packed with carbs, jacket potatoes im eating alot of or roast potatoes done in frylight. Ive been doing my carrots with the frylight aswell and really enjoying them. Chicken savoury rice...not so great but low in fat. I do eat chicken if its pure white, a bit of mince beef in maybe a bolognaise, but for example, the other night i cooked my mince, and then i poured a jar of low fat tomato pasta sauce on, and it had big chunks of tomatoes in it, i took it round to my sisters and i made another meal, i just cant do it. The savoury rice has peas in it, and i will stand and pick them all out before cooking. i need to get a few more weightwatchers pizzas in as i miss pizzas. everything just seems to taste so bland atm, its all the carbs i think.

ive just made rice pudding in the slow cooker, ive used skimmed milk instead of the normal semi skimmed i use, only the tiniest bit of sugar, and nothing else...turned out good and pretty healthy and filling, oh and freezable!

yes im going to go back and see someone else, he made me feel like i was stupid.

im basically stuck to foods i have eaten before, my die has been awful all my life really, when i was little my nan would make me something and i would say, i dont like it, without trying it, and she would just make me something different...i think thats where its started from.

Currently...im just about coping, but the only low fat healthy foods i like are packed with carbs, jacket potatoes im eating alot of or roast potatoes done in frylight. Ive been doing my carrots with the frylight aswell and really enjoying them. Chicken savoury rice...not so great but low in fat. I do eat chicken if its pure white, a bit of mince beef in maybe a bolognaise, but for example, the other night i cooked my mince, and then i poured a jar of low fat tomato pasta sauce on, and it had big chunks of tomatoes in it, i took it round to my sisters and i made another meal, i just cant do it. The savoury rice has peas in it, and i will stand and pick them all out before cooking. i need to get a few more weightwatchers pizzas in as i miss pizzas. everything just seems to taste so bland atm, its all the carbs i think.

ive just made rice pudding in the slow cooker, ive used skimmed milk instead of the normal semi skimmed i use, only the tiniest bit of sugar, and nothing else...turned out good and pretty healthy and filling, oh and freezable!

Well you should see a different GP as you should not feel stupid after seeing on. you are not stupid but clearly have a real problem.

from a quick look on google the treatment options appear to be cognitive behavioural therapy (form of psychology), relaxation techniques (you can buy relaxation cds which are really good as i have used one and found it helpful) and sometimes medication can be used although I was unclear if in your case they would

there is certainly help out there so hope you will pesevere. in the meantime you are having a hard time. thinking about the meal you prepared would it have helped if you had used a blender to blitz the tomatoes? could you make a chicken casserole?
can you eat bread?

can you reward yourself if you have half a teaspoon of something new
it sounds like you need professional help with someone who is sympathetic and understands you. you are worth it. good luck

Well you should see a different GP as you should not feel stupid after seeing on. you are not stupid but clearly have a real problem.

from a quick look on google the treatment options appear to be cognitive behavioural therapy (form of psychology), relaxation techniques (you can buy relaxation cds which are really good as i have used one and found it helpful) and sometimes medication can be used although I was unclear if in your case they would

there is certainly help out there so hope you will pesevere. in the meantime you are having a hard time. thinking about the meal you prepared would it have helped if you had used a blender to blitz the tomatoes? could you make a chicken casserole?
can you eat bread?

can you reward yourself if you have half a teaspoon of something new
it sounds like you need professional help with someone who is sympathetic and understands you. you are worth it. good luck

I asked him about cognitive behavioural therapy and he said well if you cant try new things it wont work. he told me he would "set me homework" and i havd to try 2 new things a week, i told him i didnt feel that was possible without some support...he wasnt interested

Normally thats what i would do, i would blitz the sauce but i just didnt realise it was such a chunky sauce, and even after blitzing im a bit funny and will pick through the sauce.

I make a chicken stew, i just use chicken, potatoes and carrots, i used to have dumplings with it but now i make a small pancake (just like a yorkshire pud) and have the stew with that. I do eat bread, im eating beans on toast at the mo quite a bit, although i prefer beans on bread, and i do have wholemeal, and a very very light spreading of lighter butter

let us know how you get on with the other doctor

I asked him about cognitive behavioural therapy and he said well if you cant try new things it wont work. he told me he would "set me homework" and i havd to try 2 new things a week, i told him i didnt feel that was possible without some support...he wasnt interested

A CBT therapist would assess the suitability of CBT for you. Yeah, CBT involves 'homework' tasks, these may involve trying new foods when your ready, but it would also involve the preparation to get you to a stage where you would have a decent chance of success. You may want to ask for a referral to mental health services, that way you could access a range of potential support. CBT is one form.

You could also ask to be referred to the hospital dietician. This will be something they've come across before and may have things for you to try

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just thought I would add my two cents worth. I was and still am a hugely fussy eater, to the point I couldnt sit in the same room as someone eating food I didn't like.

I had a similar experience to you with my dr and was told grow up and get over it!

I went to see a different GP who referred me to a community dietician. She worked really hard to help me try new things and to find different ways of serving the things i already liked.

I also had hypnotherapy which helped to.

Dont get me wrong my food range is still extremely limited compared to a normal person but I do eat a lot more than I used to!

Good Luck

Back