Snow's healthy living ramblings

Thanks guys!

B: Oats (HEB) 1 tsp options 1 syn 5.5 syns of nuts and raisins and a banana
L: Forgot my soup and have no money so looks like it's smart price chilli from the emergency stash for me (1 syn), apple
D: Steak and chips with spinach and cream cheese (HEA)

Snacks
Kit Kat orange (5.5 syns)
Apple
Cotton candy grapes

Well done! :) So proud of you!! xx

More money found in my drawer (what a money pit it is! I am always slinging change in there which is a bit dangerous as the reason I was trying not to have money at work was to stop me then spending it on crap. Anyway the smart price chilli waits for another day as I had jacket potato, salad and crab sticks for lunch and pushed the boat out with a can of pepsi max.

There are two babybels in the work fridge I am sure are mine but they've been moved from where I put them and now I don't want to have them in case it looks like I am stealing someone elses cheese. I am giving it to friday and assuming they are mine if they are still there. Also need my HEA to go with spinach tonight.

I had 10 syns of maltesers last night. Lush

B: Oats (HEB) 1 tsp options 1 syn, Melon
L: Finally going to eat that smart price chilli (1 syn), apple 2 x babybel (HEA)
D: Beef stew with frylighted sauted potato, lots of veg

Snacks
Hifi light
Apple - left my cotton candy grapes at home :(

Beef stew (3 syns), fry lighted potatos, cabbage and broccoli. Having strawberries for pud mmmm

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1411064919089.jpg
    1411064919089.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 37
Ohh food sounds absolutely lush! I'm addicted to malteasers now, as well. It's amazing how much better they taste when you can't scoff them isn't it? :)

How did you make your beef stew?

Yes it is really nice isn't it - you appreciate them more!

The beef stew - I bought some already diced lean beef from aldi - think it was about 400g? cut any fat off I could see (wasn't much so counting that as free ) and fried it off to seal the meat with a chopped onion. Then I put it in slow cooker with 500g smart price mixed frozen veg and 3 stock cubes, 2 tsp's mustard powder, 125 mls of black tower b rose wine (should be red but used what I had haha) (3 syns) 6 teaspoons gravy powder (6 syns) and some seasoning (salt pepper mixed herbs) and about 200ml of water which I used to deglaze the pan I fried the meat in and left in in slow cooker on low all day. It made three portions both our dinners tonight and my lunch for tomorrow.

Aww. You guys are so nice. I have found slimming g world has made me appreciate cooking a bit more. I used to get so lazy and use jars and so much processed crap. Real cooking is much nicer and better for you. And I love the slow cooker as a bit of faff in the morning and you can come home to a already cooked dinner.

Right today's food.
B: Oats (HEB) 1 tsp options 1 syn, Apple
L Beef stew (3 syns) forgot to bring any steam bag veg but there is lots of veg in it. Kiwi fruit.
D: Fishcakes and veg - might make a sauce with some cream cheese for my HEA

Snacks
Cotton candy grapes
aldi skips
Syns
1 options
3 stew
4 aldi skips

Last edited:
If you are local to me it may because I bought them all! :pI actually bought the last 8 packs from aldi on sunday last (but they are only little snack pack types not like a full bunch of grapes) I think they will be going here soon if anywhere still has them as no-one at my group has seen them. It seems to vary on a cycle what flavour of unusual grape is available.

I have to remember to get potatoes on the way home if I'm to have fish cakes though as I have none and no smash either.

Totally forgot to go to the shops on the way home so no potatoes. I will get some tomorrow and then make fish cakes for tomorrow and fish pie either for sunday or during the week I think.

I made a prawn stirfry instead 1 syn for oyster sauce in the sauce - I made enough that there was a portion left over so I will freeze that and it can be lunch on monday.

Dinner! Having strawberries for pudding again. My favourite superspeed berry :)

Attachments

• 1411150663515.jpg
    1411150663515.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 43
Oh wow looks amazing!! :D

Fish pie also sounds like a good idea. hmmm :)

I'm having malteasers for pud today. OH is having my chocolate milk because I decided it's not worth it. So I'm over doing "hmmmmmm" sounds to pee him off because I'm not sharing mine :D :eek:

And I live in east kent :p

I have struggled to do a nice fish pie in the past because the white sauces has never been nice with quark and yoghurt but if I use fish stock and my hea of light philli then that should be nice and then I can syn cheese on the top. I have had five syns of chocolate after my strawberries but my OH guilted me out of one of my mini chocolate bars the other day by looking sad about the fact there are no biscuits in the house despite the fact that when I bought the mini chocolate bars he got a huge bar and ate it in one sitting! I am a soft touch.

I am not to blame for the grape shortage then as I'm in up North (near Newcastle) :)

Back