Snow's healthy living ramblings

3lb down this morning so hopefully might claw back to a STS if I carry on with the green tea

Red day today

B: Porridge,(HEB) apple, banana
L: Chicken jamboree, pear, aldi greek yoghurt
D: oatcakes (HEB + 4 syns) bacon, strawberries, syrup (10 syns)

Snacks
custard apple
carrots
quavers 5 syns

Drinks
2 x jug of cherry cinnamon green tea (8 cups)

HEBs
Porridge,
Pasta
HEAs
75 g philli light
30g cheddar

Syns
5 quavers
4 flour
11 syrup/sugar

Steps (yest)
10265/8000

Last edited:
Change of plan for dinner as OH wants pancakes as he will be late at work tomorrow. I did promise him none slimming world for pancake day on the basis it would be after weigh in and my normal recipe ones are 8 syns per person (for the flour) I am thinking of doing oat cakes using milk from HEA, my remaining HEB of oats and this would take it down to 4 syns for flour bacon is free on red and then I have up to 11 syns for syrup. Will do some strawberries too for speed.

Oh not a real 3lb loss sorry - 3lbs gone of the 4lb gain that has crept in - official weigh in is tomorrow but I have to weigh daily as taking part in a uni study on weight loss on these wifi enabled scales that tell study how i am doing.

The pancakes were yum though

Green day

B: Multigrain porridge,(HEB) banana, apple
L: melon, apple, strawberries
D: pasta bake (3 syns + HEA) may do more pancakes for pudding, strawberries
Drinks
jug of cherry cinnamon green tea (4 cups)
water

HEB
Porridge
Oats in pancakes
HEA
Cheese
Syns
3 pasta bake

Steps (yest)
10233/8000

def might have to do pancakes tomorrow :)
wifi enable scales?....sounds interesting :)
what are you studying ?

I am thinking about having pancakes again without OH haha.

The wifi enabled scales just send my weight to the study (which I can log in and look at so even on days when I try not to look at the scales I am on the website on my phone five minutes later.) The study is one Public Health England is running with Newcastle University - I just signed up for it, there are details here https://research.ncl.ac.uk/nulevel/whatisnulevel/ (but I am studying an OU degree but thats in classical studies so nothing to do with weight loss)

Good luck xxx

A maintain doesn't seem fair when you've been on plan :-( x

aww thanks hun. i am okay with a STS I know I have been on plan so I have not gone wrong and at least it's not my last few weigh ins count come to 12.5lb off (even if 8.5 of that was steroid gain I was getting off) so it might just be a plateua or the exercise and eventually it will shift I just really don't want it to be a gain!

Oh sorry hun - but it might just be a bit of water weight, it's only the tiniest of gains.

i bet it whooshies away and more next WI xxx

Thanks all. It hit me harder than I was expecting even though I thought at best I'd get a STS. It annoys me that I seem to hit a speed bump every few weeks especially when I have so much to lose. I can live with it when life has taken me off plan as at least I know why but i didn't go off plan last week and I really upped my activity! Just got to get on with it though.

I ended up having a red/sp day yesterday as I didn't have pasta bake and had only had speed foods before tea. I did pancakes (12 syns) and bacon and strawberries again

EE today
B: Porridge,(HEB) apple,
L: Beef roast dinner, 5 syns for gravy
D: Salmon, roast potatos, veg, HEA cheese sauce

Snacks
Apple
Drinks
2 x jug of cherry cinnamon green tea (8 cups)

HEB
Porridge,
HEA
15g cheddar
35gphilli

Syns
5 gravy

Steps (yest)
10116/8000

Last edited:
Your muscles may be a bit sore from the extra activity and retaining water to heal. Many people retain water for 2-3 weeks after starting exercise until their body gets used to it. :) Don't worry too much, you're amazing! xx

Thanks MC. I know it will be something like that but it's still really annoying and more annoyingly last night I went completely off plan and had a large dominos and basically set myself up for a gain next week:( Really annoyed with myself

EE
B: nothing as in meetings
L: crab stick sandwich (HEB), sprite zero, pop chips, apple, melon
D: Pasta of some sort with HEA

Snacks
Strawberries

Drinks
Sprite zero
water

Steps (yest)
8054/8000
Going to dancefit tonight