Snow's healthy living ramblings

Well done Snow! Brilliant loss :) I found Leslie through posting here and I really enjoy doing them too. Well done hun!

well done snow your doing fab x

fabulous loss there snow xxx have a lovely day xxx

Thanks! Just hoping I don't have the sort of rebound I sometimes do after a big loss.

Well done on your loss & SOTW!
Fruit basket looks good too:)
I have some Leslie Sansone workouts they're harder than you think too:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

There were a couple of manky bits as always but I just binned them there and then - working my way through it this week!
Well done Snow! Brilliant loss :) I found Leslie through posting here and I really enjoy doing them too. Well done hun!
I am enjoying it so far. Makes me think all my other steps aren't exercise at all though.

Wow Snow your still doing amazing(I used to post yonks ago ) love the fact loads got the fitbits and doing slimming world and losing really well gives me faith xx

Thanks Karen and welcome back! I can't really believe I have kept going this long myself - finally seem to have made a change for life!

Well done babes, that's a great loss xx :)
well done snow your doing fab x

Red today

B: apple, clementine, 5 syns for finger of twix
L: chicken baguette (10 syns baguette) salad, grapes, apple
D: fish in butter sauce (3 syns) veg

Snacks
wholemeal bread philli light sandwich (HEA and HEB)
melts 4
apple
banana

Syns
5 twix
4 melts
10 baguette
3 butter sauce fish

Drinks

2 x jug of sugar free ribena (3 litres)
1lt water
cup green tea

HEB
?
HEA's
cheese for both

Steps (yest)

10373/9000

Today is my one year anniversary of slimming. I had a hospital appointment on Wednesday 12 March 2014 (just noticed I have had the wrong year in my stats this whole time lol so updated that) about weight loss surgery with a bariatric nurse who weighed me in at 27st 12 and told me people my size would never lose a serious amount of weight on their own and if I could manage to lose 5 kg she might be able to get me in for surgery that year. Weight Loss Surgery terrifies me and it gave me a kick up the bum. I went to Slimming World the next Tuesday and have never missed a weekly weigh in since. I have blips and flexi syns and slips and binges but then I have got back on plan. Next Tuesday will be my one year with slimming world and though I won't be a 5 stone with them I could be at 5 stone overall and if not I am damn close. I had never even got to 3 stone lost before this attempt and I have never seriously though I could shift the weight where this time I feel I can. Slimming World is a plan I can follow for life and that is what I am going to do. My target is not firm as I have never ever been slim - I've picked a healthy bmi weight to aim for but if I get to 14 stone and feel comfortable that will do but I am never going to see 27 stone on the scales again. (Hopefully v soon I won't be seeing 23 anymore either!)

I got up and did leslie S before work today as I have dancefit after work. I would have been capable of doing neither a year ago which is something I need to remember.

Last edited:
Congratulations one 1 year Snow! Really good to hear you so positive and determined- your doing so well. I think its unrealistic to expect yourself on plan 100% of the time because though SW is a fantastic plan, sometimes we need to break free. Plus, you're brilliant at getting back on the wagon!
Hope you see that bariatric nurse again sometime to show it is possible without surgery :) x

Happy 1 year slimming anniversary and congratulations on your weight loss to date.

Started 20/01/15
15.5lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 -

What an inspiring journey you've been on, Snow. Well done for proving them wrong, and continuing to do so. I love your NSVs and how your self esteem is increasing because you're doing it! Happy Anniversary!

happy anniversary xx you are an inspiration x

I think the secret behind slimming world is its flexibility that allows you to make it a lifestyle x you have really embraced that x I think you have made that change for life xxx

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Happy Anniversary!
You have achieved a lot in that year!
And it goes to show that people CAN lose weight without surgery, you just to have a bit of commitment & determination to keep at it, even after slip-ups !
Well done!
Here's to another good year for you
smileys-thumbs-315757.gif

Thank you everyone for all the lovely comments. I am really proud of it being a whole year but then wonder if it’s silly to think of it those terms when this is for life now.
I ended up switching green to red yesterday as nothing went to plan ended up slightly over syn but not by much and I did my best. Dancefit seemed a bit harder last night which I can only assume as I'd already done some exercise but still it was fun and boosted by step count as it normally does.

Today I am resisting the red nose cake sale at work. It helps its being organised by a team that drive us all batty as they “driving change” and this seems to involve having the walls around them repainted with whiteboard like paint and putting up motivational drawings and sayings which have gone down like a led balloon.

EE today
B: Bacon and black pudding sandwich with beans (HEB + 4 syns) apple,
L: ham salad sandwich (6 syns for bun) another apple
D: my mum’s lasgagne sauce with pasta (going to work out syns when I get there for oil, full fat bacon and probably full fat mince in the sauce but shared over lots of portions of lasagne and the bit she’s left for me to have my over pasta with my hea of cheese.

Snacks
grapes
Syns
4 black pudding
6 wholemeal bun
Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free ribena (3 litres)
1lt water
500ml dr pepper zero

HEB
Wholemeal bun
HEA's
30 g Cheese

Steps (yest) (woo go dance fit)
16401/9000

Today is my one year anniversary of slimming...I had never even got to 3 stone lost before this attempt and I have never seriously though I could shift the weight where this time I feel I can. Slimming World is a plan I can follow for life and that is what I am going to do.

I am really proud of it being a whole year but then wonder if it’s silly to think of it those terms when this is for life now

This is brilliant to read, Snow and not silly at all - celebrate every achievement! You are so inspiring for me to help me keep going. Your determination and dedication shows itself in not having missed one class, and getting straight back in focus after slips and blips - exactly what I need to do!

You are so going to make 5 stone next week love, just 2 1/2lbs will get you there :D xxx

This is brilliant to read, Snow and not silly at all - celebrate every achievement! You are so inspiring for me to help me keep going. Your determination and dedication shows itself in not having missed one class, and getting straight back in focus after slips and blips - exactly what I need to do!

You are so going to make 5 stone next week love, just 2 1/2lbs will get you there :D xxx

Thanks hun. It is amazing to think it's been a year and it's been a good year - slips and blips of course but looking back it's not like i've been going around doom and gloom and feeling hard done by because i'm on a diet. There is nothing stopping me doing another year and another year and getting to target!

I hope I do get to five but I've just had two big loses and I tend to get wee losses after big losses but you never know!

Yesterday I missed my step goal and didn't do LS though because it was after midnight when i got in from my parents (I went over for my sister's birthday as she's home from London this weekend. Today I did the mile and the express mile to make it up. The express mile was hard! It was also tricky because I stubbed my toe this morning and it's killing me but got through it and just need to get a few more steps for my step goal. I've also noticed there are some dance fit videos on youtube so might give them a go when my foot isn't sore as I've really been enjoying that!

EE SP
B: bacon (no fat) beans, side of melon for speed
L: skinless chicken thighs with tabasco chipotle and bourbon sauce (0.5 for marinade and 0.5 for amount on plate) salad, roasted red pepper with philli light (hea)
D:aldi mussels in white wine sauce (2 syns), 2 ww petit pains (heb) strawberries for afters (and for speed).

Snacks
melts (4)
fruit bar (4.5)

Syns
melts 4
fruit bar 4.5
groovy biscuit 6
mussels 2
sugar 2
bbq sauce 1
splash milk 0.5
20 syns

Drinks
2 x jug of sugar free squash (3 litres)
1lt water
cup coffee
3 glasses sugar free pop

HEBs
2 petit pains
HEA
philli light

Steps (yest)

6784/9000

Amazing numbers in a year snow bet you feel a new person already imagine another year x dance fit huh may have to look into that x

Thanks Karen. If I can do the same this year number wise then I will be made up :) I only started with dancefit because it's in the same venue as slimming world so v near my house it's really just aerobics but i'm enjoying it!

Back