Snow's healthy living ramblings

Well I was feeling pretty pleased with myself because I went to the canteen today for a baked potato and came away with a baked potato even though they had baguettes ( a downfall of mine) then i was offered a bit of carrot cake off a colleague and took it. I got back to my desk and felt bad about it and cut it in half and gave half of it to a team mate so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Carrot cake seems to be between 12-24 syns on the app so I had 6-12 If I count 12 then even with two syns for mayo on my dinner I am just under 20 so sort of clawing it back (a bit)

well done snow thats great x x

EE Today
B: a grapefruit and a salmon light lunch (1 syn)
L: tin spag bol (3 syns) apple clementine
D: savoury rice and barbeque chicken and salad (old style savoury rice so syn free)
Snacks
Meringue + strawberries and cream 8 syns
Scan bran cake (heb + 3syns)
Syns
salmon lunch 1
spag bol 3
cake 3
meringue 8

Drinks
2 ltr water
1 lt sugar free pop
1lt tea

Steps yesterday
9045/9000

I have had yet another homemade cake off someone at work - I did choose a meringue instead of homemade millionaries shortbread. I have counted it as 8 as that is what a M&s one is and these are about the same size. I feel a bit guilty about it but really it is okay because I have used my syns on it.

I am also a bit worried - someone at work is starting a slimming club and I'm going along today (as well as group) because it's all extra motivation etc but she wants to bring scales and do a weigh in and I am fairly sure I will be too heavy unless she has v expensive scales and then I will feel stupid so it might be a bad idea.

Why don't your take your own scales with you just in case, then you can ask her beforehand what hers go up to? I bought a new set of scales because I was worried mine wouldn't measure me and I was right. I was 24stone and mine went up to 23st8 (so you'd have been fine now). Most scales go up to 24-28stone these days so unless she has an old one I think you'll be ok.

Hope you have a good day xx

Why don't your take your own scales with you just in case, then you can ask her beforehand what hers go up to? I bought a new set of scales because I was worried mine wouldn't measure me and I was right. I was 24stone and mine went up to 23st8 (so you'd have been fine now). Most scales go up to 24-28stone these days so unless she has an old one I think you'll be ok.

Hope you have a good day xx

Well she didn't bring her scales anyway so that was good. I get two buses to work so definitely won't be bringing in scales. Haha. It just ended up being a discussion about what we want I am not sure I am interested as what they want to do get slimming world to come in and run a group on site (which I know SW won't do as someone asked about this at the consultant event I went to) and the other people who went there think it would be much better to have slimming world at work to free up a night etc and the people from this meeting are all from similar departments and they all seem to know each other quite well where as I don't know them and like my group and being on the social team so if the rules have changed re slimming world and they could then I wouldn't go to the work group over my current group. They did say if that wasn't possible they might just have a meet up and share ideas and weigh in type thing but several people who already go to a group said they wouldn't want to be weighed again so it would be optional anyway. I may or may not go to that - I think I would just end up really self conscious about my size either way at a work based group.

I have had yet another homemade cake off someone at work - I did choose a meringue instead of homemade millionaries shortbread. I have counted it as 8 as that is what a M&s one is and these are about the same size. I feel a bit guilty about it but really it is okay because I have used my syns on it.

Sounds yummy and within syns :) I'd have ruined it with the Million-ofsyns-aire shortbread. Love that stuff and no way to make a SW friendly (and nice) one!

Well she didn't bring her scales anyway so that was good. I get two buses to work so definitely won't be bringing in scales. Haha. It just ended up being a discussion about what we want I am not sure I am interested as what they want to do get slimming world to come in and run a group on site (which I know SW won't do as someone asked about this at the consultant event I went to) and the other people who went there think it would be much better to have slimming world at work to free up a night etc and the people from this meeting are all from similar departments and they all seem to know each other quite well where as I don't know them and like my group and being on the social team so if the rules have changed re slimming world and they could then I wouldn't go to the work group over my current group. They did say if that wasn't possible they might just have a meet up and share ideas and weigh in type thing but several people who already go to a group said they wouldn't want to be weighed again so it would be optional anyway. I may or may not go to that - I think I would just end up really self conscious about my size either way at a work based group.

Although I've made friends at my group now the fact they were all strangers & thats the only contact / thing in common we have is quite nice. I think if it was all friends or colleagues it would somehow make me feel more uncomfortable & less confident to express my feelings? Got to go with what works best for you. I find group and here offer me amazing support ;)

Although I've made friends at my group now the fact they were all strangers & thats the only contact / thing in common we have is quite nice. I think if it was all friends or colleagues it would somehow make me feel more uncomfortable & less confident to express my feelings? Got to go with what works best for you. I find group and here offer me amazing support ;)

I would feel the same - I like meeting new people outside work and feel I can open to them (and you lot here too) much easier than if it was someone at work - but I also get it about doing it at lunchtime and freeing up an evening. Keep us posted x

Don't think I would want a weigh in at work either- mainly because it would be 99.9% men! LOL
Do what's best for you and well done on your choices and splitting of the cakes!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

They got a no off slimming world so are planning on getting weight watchers in now which gives me a easy out as not interested in ww. I think you are right though - I have made friends at group too but the fact that we all went for the same reason is more comfortable than doing it with work colleagues.

Today has been weird food wise. Forgot my breakfast and fruit - I was on a half day so had no lunch with me so couldn't even eat that. Had a tin of spag bol from my drawer (3 syns) and popcorn (5 syns) went straight from work to the health clinic as I want to see about a coil. It is drop in only so I was there for ages and then bought a sushi pack (2 syns) afterwards and was still hungry after. I came home and had chips (2 syns) for mc cain rustic oven chips and quorn nuggets (4 syns as I have the old style ones in freezer) with 0.5 syn EL mayo. I have planned nacho bake for tea and taken the chilli out of the freezer. V little speed so far (there is lots in the chilli at least?) and no Hexs yet either. May use both a's on the bake. Complete carb fest of a green day but planning on sp tomorrow and red, sunday and monday to offset it (I hope)

That's a good idea - will have to get some spinach in. I did a big salad with the nacho bake last night. Doing SP today so plenty of speed planned.

SP Today
B: grapefruit, 125g raspberries, arla protein raspberry quark (1 syn)
L: Melon medley, bacon sandwich and beans (HEB1 for bread on sandwich)
D: barbeque chicken,(1 syns for sauce) refried beans, salad, strawberries after
Snacks
apple
scan bran cake (HEB2)

Syns

1 arla protein
1 bbq sauce

Drinks
2lt water
2ltr sugar free pop
Steps yesterday
12361/9000

interesting discussion re work place slimming groups, our occi health dept is talking about starting one they are surveying what people want. it would be run by nurse advisers and the dietetic dept. not sure how i feel about it and obviously it would involve weighing at work. part of me worries i would be obligated to go. i do like the anonymity sw gives me and don't really want to join a group made up of people i see on a day to day basis in a professional capacity. there is a myth at work that i am really confident, an act i put on and it isn't really me. i don't want to let my most vulnerable side show :eek: If that makes any sense. its 2 parts of my life i would like to keep separate x

i have also found that the dietitians don't get SW and when i discussed it with one when i was struggling she just told me to keep cutting calories until i lost !!!! not the best advise ever i did get a bit hung upon calories lol

It was really really nice Susie - just like raspberry fromage frais you get for kids! I will definitely be stocking up on them. I was going to have another one this morning but I had scan bran so I was too full haha.

interesting discussion re work place slimming groups, our occi health dept is talking about starting one they are surveying what people want. it would be run by nurse advisers and the dietetic dept. not sure how i feel about it and obviously it would involve weighing at work. part of me worries i would be obligated to go. i do like the anonymity sw gives me and don't really want to join a group made up of people i see on a day to day basis in a professional capacity. there is a myth at work that i am really confident, an act i put on and it isn't really me. i don't want to let my most vulnerable side show :eek: If that makes any sense. its 2 parts of my life i would like to keep separate x

i have also found that the dietitians don't get SW and when i discussed it with one when i was struggling she just told me to keep cutting calories until i lost !!!! not the best advise ever i did get a bit hung upon calories lol

I have had dietitians plain out tell me I was lying about what I eat in the past when I wasn't losing so I have very little faith in them. I've definitely gone off the idea of a work group.

Red Today unless this goes wrong when I am out
B: grapefruit, cherry bakewell scan bran cake (HEB1)
L: Going out so may end up switching to EE. Leaving most of my syns for this.
D: pulled pork, coleslaw (2 syns) strawberries after
Snacks
apple

Syns

coleslaw 2

Drinks
2lt water
2ltr sugar free pop
Steps yesterday (utter fail as was waiting in for a delivery and then watching eurovision) - should have done a couple of lesley miles!
3521/9000

Back