So ashamed - and quick loss question

minxie

One day at a time!
Hi all, hope Christmas was good with you all. I gorged on every bit of food in sight and at weigh in tonight have gained 13lbs:cry: I'm so ashamed I daren't even tell my husband.

Anyway I'm moving on and having a new start. Can I ask whether people have found it easier to lose with original and green days or is extra easy the best way forward? I really need a quick boost to cheer me up:)

i say the best losses are green (make sure you still eat plenty otherwise your body will think you have gone from feast to famine). i say that as i can do a week of green whereas a week of red would cost me a small fortune so never done it.

Whatever day you choose depends on what you like eating. They all work and everyone is different.

Don't be ashamed. It is in the past. January is just around the corner. Why not aim for 100% in January? Chin up babe! :party0011:

well done on going to weigh-in. i gained 6lbs and will have to work hard over the next few weeks to shift it.

i can't advise on which days are best as i'm veggie and only ever do green. i think all days give good losses as long as you have plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.

good luck on shifting your gain. just think if you hadn't have gone to class you might have had an even bigger gain - a mistake i have made many times over the years!

it's true about water retention too - your body is probably very confused right now and once you've settled back onto plan then you'll be peeing like a good un!

isn't there a "fast track" option where you up your super free foods to 2/3 and your free foods and meat etc down to 1/3???

I think I'm on a variation of that because I eat the same thing every night and usually have about 1/2 - 2/3 of my plate as cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, and somethimes sprouts, and I can lose up to 9lbs on a good week if I don't cheat on the rest of the day..

this month alone I have lost 21.5lbs and that's not including a STS over christmas week...

wow coljack that is super. BUT we women don't tend to lose weight as quickly as men (was going to say as easily) but whatever weight you are we can find problems along the way.

However, sticking to plan 100% and doing the plan that is best for you is the way forward.

As someone said part of the gain will be water retention - and once you are back on track completely 2 - 5 lb's will drop quite quickly.

If you are back on track 100% over January you could easily lose 10lbs maybe more and that would be a fantastic start for the rest of your SW journey.

Don't be ashamed. We are all overweight people on this board because we ate the wrong things &/or overate, whatever weight we started at we are doing something about it and you ought to be proud of yourself that you went to weigh in and faced the music and now you can do something about it.

LOADS of good luck vibes winging their way to you.

Go do it - whooopeeee.................

Hi,

Please don't feel ashamed. It hard, it's upsetting but it's not something to be ashamed of. Overeating is an illness like any other and it's very easy to slip and slide down the slope.

You've got the right idea about getting back on track, but you also need to stop beating yourself up.

Good luck.

HUGE HUGS

Toni.

Well done for going to wi. Please please please don't be ashamed, you are clearly committed and its prob the kick up the behind you need to get you going. We all have that 'moment', believe me - whatever it happens to be xxx

Keep thinking positively, do the days that you think best suit you- don't be too hard on yourself. xx

Well done on facing the scales, it is horrible I was feeling sick and everything yesterday for going to mine, but it does help.

With the plans everyone is different but I know EE doesn't agree with me and the weeks I loose most is when I only have 1 EE day, tend to prefer green days but do enjoy red for the meat. I'm also very greedy and prefer to stick to green or red for the 2 hea's and b's.

Hiya I just wanted to say well done for facing the scales. It is so easy to avoid the WI and then have the torture of next week being harder to face.

I'm sure if you follow any of the plans and use your syns wisely you will be rewarded with a loss. Sometimes it does our body good to gain some weight and then get back on plan to lose it. I know it can help if you've had plateau'd

Just take one day at a time x

Hi Minxie,

As you can see you are not alone. Well done for going to weigh in and facing up to the present. It will come off quickly I'm sure.

I think everyone is different when you look at plans. I have almost exclusively done EE and it works really well for me. I have the occasional green day (so that I can get more Hex's to feed my cereal bar addiction......!) but each to their own. For me, the most important bit of this plan is the psychology of it all. So when I do EE I know I can have a little bit of everything that I might want in a meal.

Anyway, good luck and hope you find it easy to get back on the plan. Well done for being here !

Gail x

Hi Minxie, I put on 5lbs this week and 2lbs the week before so you are def not alone! I have drawn a line under it and started again by going back to basics - hope you have a good week xxx

there's always the possibility that you weighed in differently than you normally do as well..
did you drink more tea / coffee that day than you normally would?
eat before you went when you normally don't?
"bunged up"?
wearing heavier / more / different clothes?

it all adds up..

Be proud that you went to WI and that you're doing something about your weight. That's what counts. So many people shy away from WI when they think they've gained or STS, but what's the point of that? I sometimes think that going to a diet group is like a form of rehab, like AA, and no-one would tell an alcoholic not to go back to group because they'd had a relapse. Well done on your attitude of drawing a line under it and moving on.

I can't go to group, but doesn't your consultant have a superspeedy week that can kickstart weight loss? I know some of the other MiniMiners have talked about it. Anyone help?

As for which days, green days are fatal for me. I lose weight really slowly on them. Red days are always the best. And Col - you really choose to have sprouts on your dinner? :D

I think that you are blooming brilliant for going to WI and for coming on here and posting your result on here. I'm really proud of you.

Don't worry about the gain. I was going to a different slimming club some years ago and I put on 12.5 lbs over Christmas and New Year. It was the most of everyone in the class so I was rewarded with a plastic pig! It was only light hearted but although I tried to smile, I cried for hours when I got home and never went back!
Thankfully things have moved on since then and you know that you WILL lose it all.
I do a mixture of EE and Red days plus an old SW plan Mix2Max. I don't lose so well if I do Green days. Everyone is different though so it depends on which days you'll find it easiest to follow and you can do 1 day of each to find out how it goes.
Good luck, I'll be watching out for your results xx

I just want to back up what everyone has said to you............please do not be ashamed. That is negative and unproductive and you are so obviously positive and dedicated.

The beauty of this site is that we can pour out our hearts and be amongst like minded people.

You are so wise to have climbed back on the waggon.

I wish you lots of good weight losses.........you can do it.

Hi there is some excellent advice here and nothing I can add to myself except this; you were so brave going and getting weighed and facing your gain - it's over now so don't dwell on it and let it get you down!
Also the week before Xmas we had a different consultant as ours was away and he was talking to us about Xmas gains and said that he put on 13 1/2 last year he said that the most important thing to remember is it's done but it's how you deal with it that's important get your books out as if your new to it and be the best you can. you'll have an awesome loss next week and as my mum always said to me easy on easy off! Good luck let us know how your getting on! Xxxx

Oh forgot to say you could do success express that's the speedy one that people have been mentioning and it does work! Do a search for it! Xx

Back