so close yet so far??

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
i'm nearing the end of my Cambridge journey, currently at 9st 7lbs (on the official weigh in) and am aiming for around 8st-8st 7lbs for my final weight. ive had a few breaks recently due to a holiday and 2 short breaks and have got back onto SS without a glitch straight after, managing to maintain my weight loss without putting on extra weight in between the holidays. i'm happy with my progress on the diet overall but now im nearing the end and looking to progress towards maintenance by September/October time, i feel like the last hurdle is a real struggle. is anyone else nearing their goal and feeling that the last push is a killer??

ive been in this position before when i got down to 9and a half stone and i ended up getting comfy and not pushing to lose the last bit. ive always wanted to be in the 8s as i feel that just that extra stone less will suit my shape and figure much more but its always evaded me so this is why i really need to plough on to get there. however, it doesnt stop me feeling like i just cant give any more! any advice/motivational tips would be fab!

Hi I'm doing slim n save hope u don't mind me butting in. I could have written your post. I've got down to just under 9st before, feeling great but knowing 8st would be ideal. Never quite make it tho but am determined to this time. Just have to get the refeeding/maintenance right when the time comes

bananas your stats are same as mine! i'm 5ft 2in and i'm actually back up at 10 stone at the mo after an all inclusive break, got back yesterday so have got til next weds to get some of the holiday weight off before then too! if u want a buddy to help motivate you to get in the 8s, then count me in! we javent got a lot to lose as we're following low calorie diets, i've managed to lose on average a stone a month so far so really as long as we're good for the next month or so, we'll get there in no time!

Another short one here **waves manically** I'm only 4ft 11 and don't think I was 8 stone even when I was 8 years old lol!!! I'm at 10st 2lbs just now and initially just want to fit in to clothese I wore two years ago before a painful break up...at that point I went between 8st 10 and 9 so to get to 9 would be great and then I'll reasses. I guess it depends on how much of a struggle it is. do any of you find your losses are slow because you have a bit less to lose? Ive lost five pounds in two weeks so was a bit disappointed - mind you I've been 100% and I wouldn't have done that on WW or SW "I'll just have this one bite" is my mantra on other plans and end up veering way off so I need to be reeeeeally strict which is why Cambridge suits. I keep telling myself to look at weight loss over a month rather than a couple of week.

I'm losing inches and feel a difference so I guess that's the main thing. Lumpy and bumpy and lil legs you have done great so far - well done! Bananas - how you finding s+s - it sounds tempting but I think if I was allowed food I might just go over board lol

Thanks hun, you're doing great too - stick at it!!

im just so bored of dieting now, i want to calorie count and hammer the gym but im scared thats gonna cause me to go wild... cant really afford cd much longer either - wish there was a magic button to get the last few pounds off!!

Thanks hun, you're doing great too - stick at it!!

im just so bored of dieting now, i want to calorie count and hammer the gym but im scared thats gonna cause me to go wild... cant really afford cd much longer either - wish there was a magic button to get the last few pounds off!!

i think you are defo feeling the same as me with the weight loss, its these last hurdles that seem to be the worst! when i started the diet i couldnt get enough of the weight loss, i was addicted to it because it worked so quick but now i'm getting to the stage where i want to start following slimming world and hitting the gym again to get nice and toned. part of me thinks i might just start it early but then i know that if i end up only losing 1lb a week to get down to the 8s, i'll give up sooner, so for now its cambridge until i reach 8st 7lbs at least!

oo sounds interesting, bit like calorie shifting when you have 2 massive days and 2 really low cal days in a week then the other days tend to be an average of 1500-2000 cals. i shall keep googling away! x

yes Juddd defo looks good to me, i'll prob follow slimming world for the up days as ill fill up on free foods and have some treats rather than overeating the naughty stuff to up my calorie intake then on the down days you could still follow cambridge or slim and save (cheaper!) so that you defo know the amount of calories you are taking in. i'll probably start it when i get to 8st 7lbs to get the last half stone off then maintain on 2500/1000 every other day which works out as around 1800 on average a day plus exercise on the up days should keep me trim. actually looking forward to starting it now! although the down days will probably be very hard at the start, i think ill always need to restrict myself to a point with my diet as i need routine and structure to stop me going off the rails. plus the great thing about down days is that they are always followed by up days so thats a bonus! i think i would have 4 down days and 3 up days per week to lose weight initially then switch to 4 up days and 3 down days to maintain. hope it works!! x

lumpyandbumpy said:
yes Juddd defo looks good to me, i'll prob follow slimming world for the up days as ill fill up on free foods and have some treats rather than overeating the naughty stuff to up my calorie intake then on the down days you could still follow cambridge or slim and save (cheaper!) so that you defo know the amount of calories you are taking in. i'll probably start it when i get to 8st 7lbs to get the last half stone off then maintain on 2500/1000 every other day which works out as around 1800 on average a day plus exercise on the up days should keep me trim. actually looking forward to starting it now! although the down days will probably be very hard at the start, i think ill always need to restrict myself to a point with my diet as i need routine and structure to stop me going off the rails. plus the great thing about down days is that they are always followed by up days so thats a bonus! i think i would have 4 down days and 3 up days per week to lose weight initially then switch to 4 up days and 3 down days to maintain. hope it works!! x

I'm thinking the same re SW for up days and s&s on dd. also looking to do 3 up and 4 down - looking forward to it x

I did this and lost 3 lbs in my first week...:eek:

ooo did u stick to it for long? i'm planning on following this as a lifestyle rather than a diet as ill always have to impose restrictions on my food intake if i want to maintain a slim figure. i've just got no willpower to eat normally every day :(

Back