So do you honestly count things like this..

Blairsmummy

What I mean is hubby had a bag of doritos so had a wee handful:p. I KNOW I should point it, was only a small handful but it all counts i know. Just wondered how honest we are with the small things like a wee crisp here or a wee chip..

Realise the only person I am cheating is myself but sometimes you just cant help it.. Hope there is some other sinners:rolleyes: x

Lol :) I used to be really naughty for it! The first time I did ww I used to put spread on things, not point it, pick at things (have a couple of mouthfuls) and not point it, and not point drinks much either (ok so didnt go glugging full fat coke, but the odd coffee here/hot chocolate there... and fruit squash s/f or not... didnt point that either)
I lost a stone in a month! but ive put it all back on again now....

This time im trying to be really good and point EVERYTHING!!

your losses still look pretty good so its obviously not hurting too much but at least youll know the first thing to address if they do start to slow down! xx

Guilty!

I often just have a little "try" of something without pointng it!

BUT I do alwys point my milk and the littel bit of sugar in my tea and such!

Phew not the only one, it is only wee tastes here there. I over estimate on milk 2, any time I have tea give myself 0.5pt and it is skimmed milk. Think this prob helps against my wee nibbles here and there.. And I have found the guilt too much sometimes for my sins and go back and point it.

I used to do that, now i dont. I know the only person im fooling is myself and those scales wont lie to me like i lie to myself! So now i either stay well away or count it as 0.5pt or something like that :giggle:

I used to. Didnt count ketchup, marg, stuff like that. Milk in my 2 cups of tea a day. Didn't count booze. Didn't count peas, thinking its veg, it must be zero points! Sometimes if I had two biccies with a cuppa, and then had a third, I'd "accidentally" count only the two...

As you say, only cheat yourself!! :) I count it all now. And I stopped eating out of packets, I literally weigh everything now... Too easy to accidentally have half the bag of doritos!!!!!!!

I try to write down everything that I eat, even the naughty things so I don't "forget". If I leave things off I feel guilty about it and overpoint something else later on purpose anyway, so I may as well be truthful. Anyway I see this a a change of lifestyle and I am not going to go through life with no chocolate, crisps and cake so I have to be aware of everything I eat so i can make the right choices. For me, it was pretending things didn't count that got me overweight in the first place, fine if done occasionally but not good if I did it at every meal, snack etc etc. It was amazing how easily I convinced myself that chocolate cake didn't count if you had 4 or 5 thin slices instead of 1 big one. Yes, because cutting things into small pieces makes it lose all it's calories.:rolleyes:
Having said all that 1 crisp here and there probably isn't worth counting, but a handful is a different matter.

Guilty, i had two or 3 wee chips of the bf's plate last nite, does that count lol, i figured i over pointed on the odd thing so its ok but as im just starting out i suppose i should get out of that frame of mind and do it properly, but how do u point 3 wee chips lol

Hi when you think about it and are 100% honest all the odd bits can mount upto a ton of points
Maybe see for yourself honestly write down all you sneak into your mouth a week and at the end of the week work out how many points are in it,you will be shocked,dont forget this is a bigger picture plan,your body doesnt understand days weeks etc all it understands is what you put in and what you burn off so if daily your allowed 20 points thats 140 a week,now that 140 a week you have counted but you could easily have an extra 10-20 sneaked over the month thats 40-80 points !!!! Then you start getting slower losses gains or sts and think why I stuck to plan......
I used to pick and have under points to try and compensate for it this was years ago but I dont see it works as I eirther save too many or dont have enough.The plan is worked out to help us lose weight by having the amount of points for you and some free foods anything else makes the plan fail.
Also picking makes us fat,an odd sweet here 3 chips there and pick of cheese an extra vodka will show up eventually
Best thing if we want it to work is write absouletly everything down that passes through our mouths and that includes any sneaked things,that way we will all see whats working and whats not
xx

if it's something silly like a crisp or a chip i wouldn't bother but when it comes to handfuls then depending on the amount and how many points the actual product is as a whole then i'd count it, even if it's 0.5 / 1 point etc! better to point yourself two high than too low for things! :)

I point everything I eat (I had to work out the points for 2 smarties the other day!) but my biggest crime is not pointing my drinks properly!

I always count 4 points for a pint of skimmed milk a day - but I drink a lot of milky coffee and sometimes I'll go to a coffee shop and have a cappucino (skimmed milk) and just say it comes out of my milk allowance. I reckon I go over on milk quite often.

I really MUST start doing the milk thing properly.

why 4 points for a pint of skimmed ?? because you feel that you have way more than actually one pint?

I am right in thinking that a pint of skimmed milk is actually 2 points right? ... otherwise i've been doing it wrong lol, i have 250ml with breakfast and count that as 0.5 .. as 1/2 pint (500ml) is 1point etc lol.. got me wondering now!

i count 200 ml of fat free milk as 1 point,,dont know where i got that figure from:)

What?! What?! Skimmed milk is 2 points a pint? No way!

I've been counting it as 4 every day. Hmm...... where can I check?

hey,
My tuppence, but my ww leader made a good point yesterday - if you have an extra 1.5 points a day thats an extra 10.5 a week. Makes you think doesnt it!!
Tonight I had some of my OH's lamb chop, including some of the fat, not much, but I counted it. Im too terrified. Ive messed around too much in the past, BIG TIME, with points, pretending that little bits that I picked at didnt count, but I failed time and time again, so this time, Im sticking to it like glue, not pretending when I have eaten off plan, but compensated for it.
I dont want to sound like Im perfect, cause Im not, I struggle daily at some point, but Im really trying not to kid myself anymore. Got to be honest with ourselves.

xx

What?! What?! Skimmed milk is 2 points a pint? No way!

I've been counting it as 4 every day. Hmm...... where can I check?

hmmm well im a bit confused just looked in WW book official one and it says;

milk, skimmed, 1/2 pint, 284ml. 1 point

HMMM but 284ml isn't half a pint :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I used the info on the side of my milk carton to point my milk using my points calculator 568ml (1 UK pint) works out as 3 points and thats what I count it as but different makes of milk may come up different, I don't know.

hmmm how many ml to a pint?

I thought it was 1000ml to one pint? i'm guessing i've got that totally wrong! but if it's 568ml like you say then 1 pint of skimmed milk will be 2 points, 1/2 pint 1 point and then 1/4 pint 0.5 lol :)

I am right in thinking that a pint of skimmed milk is actually 2 points right? ... otherwise i've been doing it wrong lol, i have 250ml with breakfast and count that as 0.5 .. as 1/2 pint (500ml) is 1point etc lol.. got me wondering now!

hmmm well im a bit confused just looked in WW book official one and it says;

milk, skimmed, 1/2 pint, 284ml. 1 point

HMMM but 284ml isn't half a pint :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Smirky: you are thinking in liters!!! 500ml is 1/2 liter, but nearly a pint!
1 pint is 568ml!! which is 2points! so you are underestimating your milk points by nearly 50%!!

sorry, didn't want to crash the threat, this just jumped into my eyes!!

Back