so fed up :-(

jac76

really feeling low today :-(

I have been trying to lose weight for ages and it doesn't want to shift! (only got 1 stone to lose) I don't eat chocolate, cakes,biscuits, crisps. I do have wine at the weekend.
but the weight seems to stay on.
If I eat salad and fruit nothing else then it comes off slowly, but i end up feeling even more drained and weak

I exercise for about 7-8 hours a week (running, walking, aerobics)

I have given up the fags and now on an e-cig since christmas.

I went to doc as having problems with monthlies and bloating every 2 weeks they were going to put me on pill to regulate but have now found out i have high blood pressure so can't, now to tablets for it and had mirena fitted 2 weeks ago, now have the problem of light cramping and continual bleeding.

I feel so tried and de-motivated

Should I up my exercise and cut my calories right down or ??

any advice please would b great

Hi
I have a similar problem in that my weight does come off but very slowly and I can stay the same weight for weeks at a time. It's no fun and disheartening but you've got to keep on.

Why not start by finding a BMR calculator, find out how many calories your body needs just to live then keep a diary for a week and work out how many you're eating per day. It might be that you're actually eating the same amount of calories your body needs to maintain your current weight.

Once you know where you are then there should be a solution to your problem.

In the meantime, keep smiling and don't give up :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Why not join a slimming club? It will give you something to look forward too and everyone at the meetings are lovely and give good advice. If you cut your calories right down or just live on fruit and salad you will get bored over time, you need a variation of food in your diet. Try not to feel fed up, weight does seem to take its time coming off but you will get there and will feel more happier! I deffinitly think you should join a club if you can, its given me so much motivation and I love going to meetings and they are cheap enough :)

I know how you feel, I often think I'm doing everything so right and I have a lot of weight to lose, but nothing is just happening. But one thing for sure; don't give up now! You'll get there at the end, it just might take some time. Check your calorie intake is lower than what you need to maintain your current weight and forget the scale for some weeks or months! And relax! :)

Back