So i bought a bike, anyone using clycling for weight loss?

I obtained an ex Police mountain bike that was donated to our local club and no-one wanted it, it's a rough terrain mountain bike, replace cables, seat & 1 new tyre and now use whenever the fancy takes me.
I use the canal network as it's flat and very nice to see new views, (see pics) I am lucky to have a good network where I live, yesterday did a 2 hour ride along a new to me route!......

Canal By Lifford Lane (Small).jpgGraffiti Alley near Lifford Lane (Small).jpgStratford Canal Junction (Small).jpgTunnel Lane (Small).jpg

Water meets the train!

Bournville Station (Small).jpg

Well unfortunately i havent been out riding for about 2 weeks as i twisted my ankle but with regards to bike i bought my bike which is a Giant Boulder off of ebay used for about £100 and its a good bike, could use a service on gears which halfords will do including cables for £17 ish so not a bad buy tbh but as a general rule of thumb the following are good brands of bikes of the top of my head

Giant
Specialized
Dawes
Carrera
Kona
Saracen
Claude Butler
Trek

Ok run out now but im sure i missed a few

Hope that helps

Did 14 miles along the coast last night. Going out was tricky into the wind, coming back was fast! How are the rest of you doing?

I went out last night for the first time in 3 weeks and did a lowly 3 miles but at least i got out again, wanna try to get back into it but had a bad few weeks recently as am being made redundant currently :(

So sorry to hear about your job Paul :-(
Well done on the 3 miles, a very respectable start and little runs like that will be great to get you into it

Back