so i defo belong here :-)

bwitch

Finally somewhere to call home :) I have a SHED load of weight to lose and when i joined slimming world on thursday and was weighed i did cry when my weight flashed up. did join in october last year but stopped after a few weeks when i broke ankle and was non weight bearing for about 6 weeks, did use this as an excuse for a few months and promptly put on a couple of stone more than I lost, fannyed about until going up stairs last week and i suddenly could not get up the stairs due to pains in my knees :-( that was it for me and this time i have to do it otherwise im not going to be here for my daughters uni graduation....

Hi Bwitch and welcome!

You're in the right place hun - and I can wholeheartedly endorse SW, having lost nearly 2 1/2 stone since Jan - I had really painful knees too but the weight loss means they don't hurt anywhere near as much!

Sxx

Got a vibro plate that has made an amazing clothes rail for about 16 months and ive been on it every day since rejoining and am also going along to try out a couple of gyms (have a weeks free pass for them, do one 1 week and the other the following then decide) daughter goes to uni in september and would like to meet all her 'halls buddies' as her mum not her 'fat mum' hoping to lose at least 3 stone for then :)

bwitch
welcome to the forum you will get loads of help here love x x

Got a vibro plate that has made an amazing clothes rail for about 16 months and ive been on it every day since rejoining and am also going along to try out a couple of gyms (have a weeks free pass for them, do one 1 week and the other the following then decide) daughter goes to uni in september and would like to meet all her 'halls buddies' as her mum not her 'fat mum' hoping to lose at least 3 stone for then :)

My daughters (twins) left for uni last September and I haven't been to see where they are staying because I didn't start my journey in time. So good on you for tackling it beforehand! My aim is to be able to have a full body photo when they graduate and feel proud of them as well as myself. I can relate to the feeling that now is your time to focus on you, that's exactly what I am doing too! I was so anxious about them leaving for about a year before they went (plus guiding them through exams, uni interviews and results) that I'm sure I put on weight during that time. Does your daughter know where she is going? It's an exciting time but one of upheaval too. Fingers crossed she gets her dream place!

My daughters (twins) left for uni last September and I haven't been to see where they are staying because I didn't start my journey in time. So good on you for tackling it beforehand! My aim is to be able to have a full body photo when they graduate and feel proud of them as well as myself. I can relate to the feeling that now is your time to focus on you, that's exactly what I am doing too! I was so anxious about them leaving for about a year before they went (plus guiding them through exams, uni interviews and results) that I'm sure I put on weight during that time. Does your daughter know where she is going? It's an exciting time but one of upheaval too. Fingers crossed she gets her dream place!

Yes she has dundee as her first choice and I am more than confident she can get the grades, she did fantastically well in her gcse's but sort of lost her way in her AS exams and only scraped C's, as her uni has to go on her predicted grades according to her AS results she was only predicted ABB, but has since gone on to smash her A level mocks with A* A* A, she is going to do a masters in pyschology and philosphy :) We are off to dundee a week on tuesday for 2 nights to look around dundee and also her other choice of abertay uni. picked a hotel with a gym and a pool so can keep up the good work whilst i am there :)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. weigh in day tomorrow and im getting a bit nervous now to be honest. BUT only need a 3lb loss to get below the 23 stone mark....wooop

good luck for w.i. tomorrow

Back