So I've just discovered this diet...

And Wow is the weight loss fast from what I've seen on peoples information, but I have question. (well 2)

Do you get hunger pangs?
How do you stop them?

This diet looks too good to be true! I mean people seem to be losing 7lbs a week! I don't think it's for me just yet, I'm not disciplined enough yet but I think it might work as a detox? I mean in theory would it be ok to do for a week to kickstart weightloss and make my body not want to scoff all the time?

deathbyhorus said:
And Wow is the weight loss fast from what I've seen on peoples information, but I have question. (well 2)

Do you get hunger pangs?
How do you stop them?

This diet looks too good to be true! I mean people seem to be losing 7lbs a week! I don't think it's for me just yet, I'm not disciplined enough yet but I think it might work as a detox? I mean in theory would it be ok to do for a week to kickstart weightloss and make my body not want to scoff all the time?

I've only been on the plan 4 days so not an expert by any means but I don't think you'll benefit from just a week. If I stopped now and started eating I would probably go absolutely berserk and undo all my hard work. If I had one tip it's if your going to do it cut back on carbs and try not to over eat before you start. It will make the 1st few days just that bit easier!

I'm also pretty new, am three weeks in now. I did cut down on carbs for a few days beforehand and started upping my water intake - I didn't actually find the first week too bad - and I'm a self confessed snacker ! I live going out to dinner and whenever I thought I was hungry I'd reach for food and usually the bad stuff !

If you keep really busy you don't seem to notice the hunger in that first week, and when ketosis kicks in you don't get hungry anyway (or not that hungry).

I never thought I'd be able to do this diet, but am now kicking myself for not doing it before.

So umm I read that when ketosis kicks in you can smell of acetone?! has anyone experienced this?

deathbyhorus said:
So umm I read that when ketosis kicks in you can smell of acetone?! has anyone experienced this?

Acetone? As in what you get in nail polish remover?! Ive never heard that but what you are 99.9% likely to get is honking bad breath! Ketosis is the ketones leaving ur body and they go out through your mouth, wee and sweat etc. im going jn to wk3 today and have got the breath and also noticed my wee and sweat smells a bit sweet (soz if thats TMI!) but i dont think i reek from anywhere but my mouth, least i hope not, and i like most folks cart around sugar free gum and mouth spray by the kilo these days :)

I'm deffinately a fan of this diet, this being my second time on it, and i've lost nearly 4 stone in 12 weeks,
however my hair is falling out :( I dread washing my hair because handfuls of it come out and its looking really ratty even though i had it cut not so long ago! I've tried shampoos and hair supplements but no change yet. Hoping this will just sort itself out!
On the plus side, you see results quickly in regards to weight loss :)

xSinead said:
I'm deffinately a fan of this diet, this being my second time on it, and i've lost nearly 4 stone in 12 weeks,
however my hair is falling out :( I dread washing my hair because handfuls of it come out and its looking really ratty even though i had it cut not so long ago! I've tried shampoos and hair supplements but no change yet. Hoping this will just sort itself out!
On the plus side, you see results quickly in regards to weight loss :)

Oh god! I'm petrified of my hair falling out so I really hope that doesn't happen to me!! What step are you on? Have you been on the same step for the full 12 weeks? Congratulations on the weight loss :) thats amazing! x

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Hey Lauren!
I'm on week 12, and i noticed the hair loss at around week 10. Not sure how far into the diet you are? But i don't think it happens straight away.
I started on SS+ and then moved to SS, i cried like a baby when my hands were covered in hair for the first time in the bath the other week,
but as long as i don't get bald patches, i think i'll carry on! :p

xSinead said:
Hey Lauren!
I'm on week 12, and i noticed the hair loss at around week 10. Not sure how far into the diet you are? But i don't think it happens straight away.
I started on SS+ and then moved to SS, i cried like a baby when my hands were covered in hair for the first time in the bath the other week,
but as long as i don't get bald patches, i think i'll carry on! :p

I'm on SS+ but don't think I'll drop down to SS, if anything I wanna go up the steps as soon as I can! Lol. I don't mind a little hair falling out, but I couldn't be doing with bald patches either! Eeeek!!

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Lauren - i thought you weren't doing CD anymore. Have you come back?
Lx

Lauren - i thought you weren't doing CD anymore. Have you come back?
Lx

Ah! Just seen your thread below!! Welcome back sweetie. Come on now - you can do it... let's not waste any more time!! lol

Lxx

Back