So miserable... week 1 WI...

KatieMc

...and I put on 1lb!!

I had the day off on day 4 due to a real nasty sickness bug and ate some toast, and some chicken and rice, but got straight back on it :confused:

Have stuck to it otherwise (apart from my 'picking' habits as discussed on a prev thread - stuff like a single crisp one day, a crust of bread another, a piece of casserole beef on another).

I wasn't expecting miracles because of my day off I hadn't gone into ketosis, but I thought I would've maybe lost a couple of lbs as I was still taking less than the recommended daily calories, but to put it on is just unbelievable.

I just can't believe i've starved myself all b*stard week, and for nothing :cry:

My CDC said I should count today as Day 1, don't pick at ANYTHING, drink the water (which i've been struggling doing) and we'll see how I get on next monday.

I've stuck to it 100% today but i've been in tears since my WI. I feel so useless :cry:

oh sorry to hear you have not lost anything, i have a feeling this may be me this week, as i have picked onb very naughty things! but this week im going to try my hardest

Just start this week as a new week, stick to it one hundred percent, drink plenty of water this helps and you will see the results

Aw Katie, Big hugs!!!
That is rough.... but if you had your rice and toast etc day 4 then you would probably have had a huge spike of glycogen that caused a big water retention....
Like others have said.... you need to go 100% starting today... you will prob get a fantastic weight off next week!!

You can do it!

x

Last edited:
I did this too when I started CD the first time kept picking at things too one crisp here, a small slice of cheese etc. But grdually this got worse and it ended up being a whole packet of crisps or a sandwhich. Its really not worth it as you beat yourself up over it each time especially when it comes to your weigh in. Best thing to do is just dont touch anything. If you feel picky have a coffee as its probably cause your blood sugar has dropped and your feeling the need to eat, or maybe try do something to distract yourself like the ironing, or pop out for a casual stroll. Whatever works for you.

Hey Katie.....
Just wanted to say dont beat yourself up about it hon.. Today is a new day and hopefully you can start afresh....
These things happen and sometimes I guess its only when you get on the scales that you think hang on !!! Try and stay 100% this week and drink your water and I am sure you will see a big loss at weigh in .
Hang in there .. You can do it.

Thanks everyone. I'm now on 'Day 2, Take 2' and have stuck to it 100%. I'm determined to be in my size 16's by the Summer Solstice (my birthday!) x

youre doing great this week keep it up!!! xxx

That must be really discouraging, sorry :(

If you stick to the 100% plan I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised next week though!

It's hard trying not to give into the hunger but it'll be so worth it in the end x

Don't beat yourself up hun, it's great that you have got straight back on it this week, I'm sure that you will have a fantastic weight-loss this week!

Jo
xxx

Back