so sad

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
:(
dont know what's wrong with me , everything is going great guns and im running towards my goal at good speed but i just feel this overwhelming sadness at the moment, been on the brink of crying all day , driving me nuts !!! my poor little girl must be wondering where her usual happy mummy is:sigh:.
dont know if its the loss of my grans hitting me (dont think its this) or something else i cant pinpoint.
been really missing my runs lately too , just not able on this programme so i dont know if this is causing it ??? need my happy running hormones maybe ? anyway sorry for the waffle , anyone have any ideas ?

Exercise does produce endorphins! I find that I feel quite a bit better after a good long walk; perhaps instead of your run: do a less strenuous exercise, just have a 30min - 1 hour walk at a steady medium pace. It won't tire you out since it's not over the top: but it will definitely count as exercise and you will produce the happy chemical!

In other ways, have a good explore as to why you're feeling this way. It is often quite hard to know exactly why we feel the onset of the blues, but maybe a good idea would be to sit down and write a long letter to yourself. You owe yourself that much at least. It's a daunting prospect, but once you get going - you may very well uncover something interesting.

:hug99: Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear you're feeling blue just now Sukie.I think this diet can have that effect, especially if you're missing out on the old endorphin rush that you're used to.I think your OH works away,could that be part of it too?Hope you have a better day tomorrow :flowers:x

thanks girls , youre right min think i need to sit down and have a good word with myself, a letter might just do the job :0) i will have a go on my treadmill with the walking thing see how that goes , kind off stuck in at night when hubs away so its a great way to get my runs in usually , never really thought about just walking on it, have been spending my lunch breaks walking around the town centre to get out but obviously my time then is limited.
used to hubby being away so dont think its that , although after this couple of weeks im soo looking forward to joining his ship for a lovely break .well think ill head off to bed and read some of my book (min , im LOVING the control theory !!!)
gnight ladies and thanks xxx

(min , im LOVING the control theory !!!)
gnight ladies and thanks xxx

:D I'm glad you're enjoying it (thanks to KD for putting us all on it)! I must admit I still need to properly read it - just haven't had time! :eek: But as it says: You have the power of choice!

I really hope you do find the reason for that sinking feeling...
Actually - throughout Lite I felt really blue too. I read that someone said; that the lower deeper fat layers have more hormones in them and can cause emotional spurts. Wonder if it's true! ... but certainly it would explain a lot.

And - throughot the day; is it just me, or has your avatar come closer and closer?! Cute. :D

x

lol was feeling a bit mental last night and fed up so started going a bit daft with cybercam :eek:)random i know , but hey thats me :0)
could have a thing with the hormones in the fat thing , im down to where i was when i finished ll last time so i guess im loosing the deeper fat now, MM GOOD POINT ... as always :0)

Sorry to hear that Suki, and hope you're feeling a bit better now :)
I reckon it could be a combination of the diet and you missing your running - I know I get dreadful down days (well, hours rather than days) - not so much now, but I definitely did in the early weeks. The frustrating thing was not being able to pin it in anything in particular, just felt like a good old boo for no apparent reason!

Again, really hope it was just short-lived and you're feeling better now :) xx

ah thanks hun , feeling brighter today but still on the brink of tears for no apparant reason , think i let that bother me yesterday so got pretty low about it , but today i just decided to let it be ok if i feel like a good cry , needs must and all that :eek:)

Well, a good cry every now and then can be good for you, apparently! Though I just get a red nose and puffy eyes from it :eek:
It's frustrating when you don't know why you feel down - I'd never had that before this diet, and it was a bit scary really, not having the first clue why I wanted to burst in to tears! My OH was fab - sure he must have thought I was going round the bend though :eek:
Anyway - glad you feel a bit better today, and here's hoping you feel stacks better tomorrow :) xxx

thanks hunxx

hi there
hope you are feeling a bit better by now
(just a thought, but is there any chance you could be pregnant?! - i know i was really weepy with each of mine at the start, before i realised i was!! - don't want to panic you, lol!)

daisy x

ah thanks hun , feeling brighter today but still on the brink of tears for no apparant reason , think i let that bother me yesterday so got pretty low about it , but today i just decided to let it be ok if i feel like a good cry , needs must and all that :eek:)

Glad you're feeling a bit better hun. I know how confusing and frustrating it can be when the tears are there, sitting in your eyes and about to burst out at any mo!:eek:

Isis..xx:)

hi there
hope you are feeling a bit better by now
(just a thought, but is there any chance you could be pregnant?! - i know i was really weepy with each of mine at the start, before i realised i was!! - don't want to panic you, lol!)

daisy x
lol !!!i wish i was , but no :(
defo not pregnant had totm and hubbies at sea so not that :0)
thanks for all youre support girls xxxx
feeling even better today far less weepie but prob because im all exited getting my new white bomb :0)(tiny little picanto )
loved driving around today , so used to driving my big salon warrior , this is so nippy , loving it !!!

Sukie, hope you are feeling better and how lovely you have a new car!! Yay!

I've recently been diagnosed with postnatal depression (my youngest baby is one this week), but think it's got something to do with this diet too. I felt on a high and able to sustain anything while in ketosis, then had a huge project on at work, and in the middle of all that I started RTM. I'm exhausted and off work at the moment. I'm starting to feel better, but doctor has put me on medication. It's all very alien to me though, and I'm almost sure that this diet has had some part in it all.

Hope you feel better soon.

ah hun thanks for sharing that , what an awefull feeling to have to deal with after having a little one , i had it slightly after my daughter was born 10wks prem and its truly not an experience id like to repeat. definately think youve got something about this diet having an effect, min said about the deeper layers of fat containing allot of hormones so this would definately effect you when released, but i think a large part is to do with the sense of well being you get whilst in ketosis , coupled with rapid weight loss giving you a sense of control and ability like never before . i felt so awefull on rtm week 2 got really quite panicky about loosing control and eating normally again . weight is such an emotional issue for most that the feelings involved are sometimes so overwhelming and hard to control , god look at us , most of us ate when feeling any kind of emotion at all which is what got us to that horrid place in the 1st place:rolleyes: mmm im rambling i know , but this is something i think about allot , control , emotions and how i interact with the world at large depending 'where' i am emotionally and weight wise , odd he !!!
anyhooo enough !!! thanks for youre support , i hope you feel better soon , and btw you look HOT lady:D , you should be very proud !!!!(and i do mean hot ,in the not asking you out on a date sense :D)LOL!!!

Sukie, hope you are feeling better and how lovely you have a new car!! Yay!

I've recently been diagnosed with postnatal depression (my youngest baby is one this week), but think it's got something to do with this diet too. I felt on a high and able to sustain anything while in ketosis, then had a huge project on at work, and in the middle of all that I started RTM. I'm exhausted and off work at the moment. I'm starting to feel better, but doctor has put me on medication. It's all very alien to me though, and I'm almost sure that this diet has had some part in it all.

Hope you feel better soon.

Poppy
so sorry to hear you aren't feeling good at the moment. Hope the meds work and you are back on top of things soon
daisy x

Back