So scared but here's my refeed diary!

willowfire365

Silver Member
Refeed

Day 1
Breakfast - chocolate LT shake
1:30 - cup of tea with milk and 2 tablet sweeteners
Lunch - chocolate LT shake
Dinner - thought i'd take a pic of my salad and the fish as I had no help fm the pharmacy so here they are

I couldn't manage everything but made a dent in it! So full up now though!

Going to have one more cup of tea to warm me up I think!

So does anyone think I've had too much? This is so strange!

X

You have done so well - you must be so proud of you!!!! No way have you had too much - it must be a nice feeling to eat a small meal and feel full.

Thanks so much for the reply and putting me at rest - I have been so worried! It does feel good to be full but blimey it's a strange feeling! After over 6 months it's so weird lol

Thank you so much again!

tc X

Looks ok but obv we can't tell the size of your bowl/weight of your fish.

Good portion for fish/meat is around 5oz :)

Thanks summergurl :)

Day 2
Breakfast - chocolate shake
Lunch - chocolate shake
Cup of tea with milk and 2 sweeteners
Dinner - small breakfast bowl of salad and a small piece of fish
Cup of tea with milk and 2 sweeteners

So the same as yesterday but I managed to eat a little more of the dinner tonight. I do feel so full though! I'm supposed to be picking up my maintenance packs tomorrow so hopefully they'll give me some more info to go with it! Going to have a rest now and relax.

tc everyone!

X

Looks good again :)

I don't think the maintainence shakes will give you info on refeeding. I have the refeed sheet if you want it? x

summergurl if you have a copy on your system that would be brilliant! My pharmacist was writing me a refeed plan spread over 2 weeks but he hasn't sorted it out yet I don't think. It's good to know that I'm on the right track :)

Thanks so much again!

X

Sure, here you go chick :)

Refeed Programme

DAY 1.

Have 2 Lipotrim servings and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings, as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim).

You may not have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4.
Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems).

You may have milk in tea/coffee.

At lunchtime or evening meal time you may have some skinless, boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 4-6ozs.) The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following:
Lettuce
Cucumber
Cress
Watercress
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions
Peppers
Bean sprouts
Celery dressed with a little lemon juice or wine vinegar
Or if you prefer, a moderate serving (2 heaped table spoons - no more)of some cooked vegetables.

DAY 2

You will have only 1 Lipotrim serving and 2 meals, as described for Day 1.

Day 3

Same as Day 2, but you may also have - at one meal only - an 8 ounce potato, plain boiled, mashed or baked, but with no addition of any fat. You may like to top with some skimmed milk, plain yogurt or very low fat fromage frais and a sprinkle of herbs.

Day 4-7

A Lipotrim serving for your breakfast plus:

Up to 3 serving of fruit (if you suffer from the insulin resistance problem, then eat these late in the day and do not snack on them during the day)

Up to 2 slices of bread or 1 pita or 1 roll or 1 bagel (without fatty spread)

Any vegetables you want except avocado, 1 or 2 servings with your meals (2 tablespoons per serving)

A
ny of the skimmed milk products.

F
ish fillet (any size) or 6 ounces of chicken or turkey, as described before, or one tin of tuna in water or brine, drained. Vegetarians may use tofu, textured vegetable protein (TVP) or quorn.

Lean meat with all visible fat trimmed off

Low fat recipes prepared with low fat sauces - e.g. lean mince with low fat bolognese sauce

Medium baking potato or 6 small new potatoes or one serving of instant mashed potatoes (the kind with no added fat- read the label).

Instead of potato, you may have 4ozs of rice or pasta (cooked weight).

Sample menu for days 4 to 7.....

Sample 1

Breakfast: Lipotrim serving.

Lunch: Fish fillet (any type - cod, salmon etc), serving of potatoes ( 1 medium jacket or 6 new potatoes or a serving-spoon mash - no added fat) Yogurt ( low fat).

Diner: 4-6 ozs chicken (no skin), jacket potato, salad. Fruit (if appropriate) or low fat dessert.

Evening: Sandwich (no spread of any sort), consisting of: pickles, fat-free mayonnaise, salad/carrot, slice cold meat (low fat).

Snack 1 or 2 pieces of fruit (evening, if appropriate)

Sample 2

Breakfast: Lipotrim serving

Lunch: Sandwich (no spread) - any low fat filling, e.g. tuna. Bowl of salad. 2 pieces of fruit (if appropriate) or yoghurt.

Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, consisting of drained lean mince, low fat sauce, 4 ounces cooked spaghetti or rice, serving spoon of vegetables. Low fat dessert.

Snack or Evening: Tub of very low fat fromage frais, flavoured to suit with either slices of fruit or low fat jelly crystals for a sweet option or herbs and spices with added crunchy vegetable, for a savoury snack.

If you want to carry on for a 2nd week of refeed then just do days 4-7 for the second week :)

Thank so much! I went again today and picked up the refeed packs but yet again I didn't get a refeed plan or anything :-( thankfully I have this forum and loads of support! As I'm going out tonight I'm having my meal at lunchtime and the I think a maintenance bar for dinner time! Have no idea what they are like but it seems easier and lighter to carry lol

Thanks again!

X

You are doing great on refeed. You will feel full quickly initially but soon your appetite will return. Keep a close eye to your portion sizes. Good luck.

Thank you so much and I will keep a close eye on the portion sizes :)

So today -

Day 3
Breakfast - chocolate LT shake
Lunch - small breakfast bowl of salad and a small piece of fish
Dinner - maintenance bar (managed most of it but couldn't eat it all!) really liked the taste of them though there rather sweet!
Had about 3 cups of tea today all with small amount of milk and 2 sweeteners

I'm still following day 1 at the moment but I'm going out to a gig a week on Saturday and I'm thinking about having 1 alcoholic drink so I should prob get past day 1 lol I don't know how I'm going to manage 2 meals feeling as full as I do! Oh well!

Tc everyone!

X

Don't be afraid to move past early refeed. Just keep meals nice and small. Enjoy your gig.

Thanks so much everyone!

Day 4
Breakfast - Chocolate LT shake
Lunch - Maintenance bar (managed all of it this time!)
Dinner - Small breakfast bowl of salad and a small piece of Salmon

I am still a little hungry tonight but I wont have anything else apart fm a cup of tea so off to make that now :)

Going to aim for 2 meals tomorrow so onto day 2 of the refeed menu!

X

Oooh enjoy day 2 :)

Day 5
Breakfast - LT chocolate shake
Lunch - small breakfast bowl of salad and a small piece of fish
Planned Dinner - small breakfast bowl of salad and a small piece of fish

Feeling a bit more hungry today which is good! I'm going out to a pub tonight to meet friends and I'm thinking about taking half a maintenance bar with me incase I'm really hungry but I'm thinking it might be a bad idea. My friend is staying with me and she's saying that she thinks I'm not having enough salad which might be why I'm a bit hungry - I'm slightly confused but I'm so worried about putting on weight :-( I'm filling the breakfast bowl just over 1/2 way and am having the fish but I wonder if this is enough. Slightly confused :-(

Anyway off to work then home for dinner then pub hopefully!

X

If you feel ok on the amount you are having then don't change it because of someone else's say so. Only you can be the judge of whether its enough. Are you keeping up with your water intake? If not that is probably the reason for the bit of hunger you are feeling.

Thanks so much for replying - I put a bit more salad in tonight and I'm feeling fuller so I'm thinking I need to keep with a bit more salad. I'm on my 3rd ltr now so yep I'm doing my best to keep it up! :)

I must admit I'm looking forward to adding fruit in a few days :) Still scared though about going on Tuesday for a weigh in!

thanks again X

Day 6
Breakfast - Maintenance bar 1/4 before work then the rest at the 10:30 break
Lunch - small breakfast bowl of salad and a tin of tuna in brine drained
Dinner - small breakfast bowl of salad and a tin of tuna in brine drained

Enjoyed the meals today and I think tomorrow I might start adding in potato - scary but I need to progress I think!

Shattered tonight but looking forward to tomorrow!

X

Back