So shocked and upset

Sarah M

Getting the hang of this
Well my DH of 7 years has today told me that he no longer wants to be with me, that he is unhappy and has moved back to his mums. This was totally out of the blue and i feel as though someone has ripped my heart out.

We dont have any children so thats a bonus, but it does mean i will have to leave the house and street that i love and move back to my mum and dad's (if they will have me).

Im 27 and feel as though im going to have to start all over again. I dont really have a network of friends that i can go out with or turn to and i feel so lost.

I dont think its quite hit me yet :(

xx

Hey
Dont worry about it maybe he will change his mind???? Your a good looking girl and there are plenty more rats in the cellar. It probably not what you want to hear at the moment but you will be ok.XX

thank you!

I wouldnt take him back if he did change his mind, last year we had a month apart as he was an alcoholic - he is now recovering and hasnt had even a sip in the last year and half, i took him back after all the hurt and pain against the opinions of everyone around me who said he would hurt me again. Maybe i should have listened but i had to give him another chance and everything was great, up until now that is!

so sorry to hear this has happened to you sarah. good for you that you wont tollerate any mistreatment. You gave him a chance after the drinking and it was the right thing to do in my opinion. you shouldnt let others dictate what u do and you may have always wondered if it could work. what im trying to say is...you have done everything you could have so you dont have to feel like you could have done anything better/more.

as one door closes, another opens and as awful as it might feel to have to start again...you have it in you to take control and have things how you want them to be. a change can be scarey but when pushed into it beyond your control...you may find urself on a far better path. the world is ur oyster now and I hope you take some positive things from this and make great progress elsewhere. life is what u make it and now its just you...you can make all the decisions with no one elses permission.

in the meantime though...allow urself time to grieve and wallow. it can do u the world of good. just make sure u hit a point where u stop and grab life by the horns. best wishes to you. xxxxxxx

I'm not very good at saying what I want to say in the right way, but I'm really sorry to hear your news Sarah.

It sounds as though you did the best you possibly could, and gave your marriage every chance to work. Don't take it personally and allow yourself a chance to grieve a bit. The ending of a marriage is a MAJOR thing in your life, particularly when it comes out of the blue, as yours did.

Sending you a massive hug and my very best wishes.

Hi Sarah!

I really don't know what to say but wanted to say I am really sorry about what has happened! You must be extremely upset right now and I know no words will make you feel any better. My thoughts are with you!

Love
Char x

Well my DH of 7 years has today told me that he no longer wants to be with me, that he is unhappy and has moved back to his mums. This was totally out of the blue and i feel as though someone has ripped my heart out.

We dont have any children so thats a bonus, but it does mean i will have to leave the house and street that i love and move back to my mum and dad's (if they will have me).

Im 27 and feel as though im going to have to start all over again. I dont really have a network of friends that i can go out with or turn to and i feel so lost.

I dont think its quite hit me yet :(

xx

Hey there - so so sorry to hear your news....that must've been an awful shock for you....:(

hope you are OK.....it will take time to get your head round this.... give yourself time to take it in.....

lotsa love

Debz xx

But you know i spent 10 yrs with a bloke and it all went wrong and abusive .... here i am now 36 overweight cos im contented with a fantastic bloke who treats me like a queen . agree with post 3 , grieve for the breakdown , give yourself time you are still young and you never know what is out there. everybody has a soulmate, i ididnt get it right 1st time .
big hugs coming your way thou .
xxxxx

I am lost for words Sarah but just wanted to say that my thoughts are with you. At times like these there is very little anyone can say to make it any better. Look after yourself and give yourself time.

Georgie
xx

:grouphugg:

awwwww hun, i'm so sorry to hear that. Lots of love to you.

You've got alot of emotions to work through, it'll be a rollercoaster but you will come out the other end and the sun will be shining.

I hope you don't mind me saying and I hope its not inappropriate but if you need any help legal wise then please pm me and I'll be more than happy to help if i can xxxx

:grouphugg:

Hi Sarah

Hope you are ok, thats awful news but please don't let it beat you. You sound like a fab woman and I can see that you are stunning so another one will be along before you know it.

I can't pretend to know how you are feeling but you do have a network of friends on here that you can turn to and if you wanna talk or something please don't be shy to ask.

big hugs to you Sarah if its any conselation im going through the same thing ! my OH after 7 yrs is moving out next week our relationship was stale and i needed more i know i made the decision but it will hit me hard once hes gone im upping sticks and moving back home 250 miles from where i am now just waiting for sale t go through
cry as many rivers at it takes hun but there will be light at the end of the tunnel as many people say it will get worse before it gets better but the future will end up sooo much brighter xxxxx

I was on a course for my job and all the people there had to draw their journey through lives and show significant changes of direction through circumstances. Relationship breakups changed alot of the directions for the better so take heart and when you are feeling up to it take stock and see if there is another direction you want to take

I am very sorry to hear your news and i know how you will be in a state of shock. It happened to me too 30 years ago. We had been married 6 years and had a little boy aged 2. I did a lot of crying and then had to start being practical for me and my son. Any chance you can stay in your house, I was tempted to move back with my mam and dad but didn't and when i now look back i'm glad I didn't.
Lots of love and big ((((hugs)))) to you

Irene xx

Hi Sarah, what a nasty time for you, especially when its out of the blue like this.

Take some you time, and try and believe that it really isnt you, its him, and although it doesnt seem like it just right now, things will get better, I am a firm believer in fatem, and everything does happen for a reason, what that reason is wont be clear right now, but will become clear soon x

Just wanted to say Look after yourself and be true to yourself, only you know how you feel,so take time in making any decisions.
And were here for you.

Thank you everyone. Just had my mum round talking things through for a couple of hours to see what my options are, hopefully i'll be able to stay in the house, i may need to rent a room out though, we'll see what happens over the next few days, i dont want to make any hasty decisions that i may regret.

Its really strange, i feel ok at the moment but i know that when it actually hits me its going to hurt like crazy.

Thanks again for all your support, it really means alot to me xx

Back