so sick of sticking

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by yorkshiremummy, 4 April 2010 Social URL.

1. yorkshiremummy

yorkshiremummy Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    Orlistat, GP advised
    Help,
    For the last 2 months I have stuck at 12 st 7lb and GP wasn't best pleased, bearing in mind I have lost a total of 4st which I think is bloody good going. The weight don't seem to be coming off but I'm losing inches as I now again have to renew my wardrobe. Does orlistat stop/slow down weight loss the nearer you are to your target ? If I reduce my calories anymore I feel as though I will slip back into my old eating way and comfort eat.
    Got to go back on Weds for my next weigh in and I know he wont be pleased with me sticking again. x
    Cath

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alibalibee

alibalibee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Firstly, well done on your weight loss so far, 4 stone is an amazing loss :happy096:
    I had a plateau there for what felt the longest time, in fact it was probably the best part of 6 or 7 months, and my6 GP to be honest was a complete pain in the ar$e. Despite at the time having lost 6 stone, she wasn't happy that I wasn't losing. Well to be honest that was her problem, and not mine. Yes I was unhappy at hitting a plateau but I was realistic enough to realise that my body was telling me to hang on a minute and give it time to catch up. My weight loss has recently kick started again ( I went back on the tabs after having a break, and I also lowered my calories) and my GP is *thrilled*, but I'm also thrilled. Remember your on this weight loss journey for YOU, not your GP. I think GPs also fail to take into account how dieting affects our emotional well being. I know that for me, I've had a really hard time accepting the *new me*, while certainly liberating, it has also been confusing for me. And I think that confusion certainly played a part in my long term plateau.
    How many calories a day are you currently having? Could you realistically lower them? What exercise are you doing? Is there anything you could be doing differently?
    x

4. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    yeah have a look at exercise now rather then food and see if there is a diff thing you could be doing , becareful of eating too few calories and overdoing exercise as your body will store the fat now.

Gp's can be total idiots at times but they have a duty of care so just explain to them how this is also making you feel and that you still aint giving up, should silence them for a lil bit , you dont need to worry bout doctors on top of you feeling down about your weight loss halt.

5. yorkshiremummy

yorkshiremummy Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    Orlistat, GP advised
    Thanks Ladies, Defo need to increase the exercise. Can't wait for the weather to pick up so I can start walking to work. My rota at work has also changed so not quite as active at work as I was.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.