so sick of sticking

Help,
For the last 2 months I have stuck at 12 st 7lb and GP wasn't best pleased, bearing in mind I have lost a total of 4st which I think is bloody good going. The weight don't seem to be coming off but I'm losing inches as I now again have to renew my wardrobe. Does orlistat stop/slow down weight loss the nearer you are to your target ? If I reduce my calories anymore I feel as though I will slip back into my old eating way and comfort eat.
Got to go back on Weds for my next weigh in and I know he wont be pleased with me sticking again. x
Cath

Firstly, well done on your weight loss so far, 4 stone is an amazing loss :happy096:
I had a plateau there for what felt the longest time, in fact it was probably the best part of 6 or 7 months, and my6 GP to be honest was a complete pain in the ar$e. Despite at the time having lost 6 stone, she wasn't happy that I wasn't losing. Well to be honest that was her problem, and not mine. Yes I was unhappy at hitting a plateau but I was realistic enough to realise that my body was telling me to hang on a minute and give it time to catch up. My weight loss has recently kick started again ( I went back on the tabs after having a break, and I also lowered my calories) and my GP is *thrilled*, but I'm also thrilled. Remember your on this weight loss journey for YOU, not your GP. I think GPs also fail to take into account how dieting affects our emotional well being. I know that for me, I've had a really hard time accepting the *new me*, while certainly liberating, it has also been confusing for me. And I think that confusion certainly played a part in my long term plateau.
How many calories a day are you currently having? Could you realistically lower them? What exercise are you doing? Is there anything you could be doing differently?
x

yeah have a look at exercise now rather then food and see if there is a diff thing you could be doing , becareful of eating too few calories and overdoing exercise as your body will store the fat now.

Gp's can be total idiots at times but they have a duty of care so just explain to them how this is also making you feel and that you still aint giving up, should silence them for a lil bit , you dont need to worry bout doctors on top of you feeling down about your weight loss halt.

Thanks Ladies, Defo need to increase the exercise. Can't wait for the weather to pick up so I can start walking to work. My rota at work has also changed so not quite as active at work as I was.

Back