so so much is riding on me losing 30lbs by begining aug .. fingers crossed !!!

day 8 :1st weigh in : 8.5 lbs off .. woo hoo :) shocked as cant see where its gone from (I now prob 4-6 lbs glycogen) but at least its going in right direction also onset of TOTM so not bad at all

Fantastic! A great week 1 result :)

Yayyy fabulous loss well done! Just hope I can get something similar for my 1st weigh in on friday...#scared! x

Yay fab loss on your first week

Fantastic loss well done x :)

all going in the right direction , keep strong ! how are you getting on ?

aww thanks everyone :) feel silly for doubting the diet that's its just that ive struggled so much with other diets when sticking to them 100% fingers crossed for another good loss next week - would be great if I could lose 3lbs and get into the 14's :)

breakfast - cafe late shake with spoon of coffee, to die for will keep buying when reached goal. friend came over for lunch was bit harsh having to make her a scrummy lunch whilst I sat at the table with my 100g chicken salad :( we then went out for a coffee and cake - well she had a cake I had a cappuccino prob went off plan slightly but cut back on milk for rest day, had honey bar yummy and spag bowl for dinner. struggled making curry for the kids, love curry sooooo much but resisted temptation and feel quite proud :)

msjmc finding it fairly easy but I am so determined, not felt hungry but have to keep check on myself don't know how many times nearly polished of my little boys left over toast or almost put slice cheese in my mouth when making my daughters packed lunch - habbit I suppose, all those unseen calories that have brought me to when I am now I guess . how about you?

Well done for a successful day :)

arghhh fell off the wagon last night, hoping damage was minimal .. had stressful evening, feeling fat and bloated (TOTM) and had cooked my favourite meal for the kids (curry) .. ended up picking at left over curried chicken on my daughters plate, didn't eat loads but went off plan a little then went and made a coffee with s/sk milk which took me over milk allowance and wolfed down a trufa bar grrrrr .. hoping hasn't taken me out of ketosis, what do you think guys?
gonna try and stick to 4 packs for few days and avoid temptation of food although meeting friend for lunch Saturday so not sure how going to work that one .. annoyed with myself specially as had such a good loss, but drawing a line under it and now back on the wagon :) xx

Last edited:
day 9 :

café latte shake for breakfast with tsp coffee .. just remembered if yesturdays damage has taken me out of ketosis and starting from scratch shouldnt really be having coffee but will carry on for today and start again tomorrow - 4 packs, no coffee for few days x

We all have slip ups Hun :) I had a bad day yesterday too! Just put it out of your mind and do exactly what your doing, jumping back on it!
Iv found that once iv been in ketosis it's easier to get back into it after a slip up :) just drink loads today and you will probably be back in by morning! Xx

Hi , yes them food devils its mental thoughts only , but hard when the food thoughts come .
I'm on lighterlife now , I joined on Monday as was not getting on too well on my own with vlcd , I was not kean on slim save , only an odd few I liked .
I've been good 100 % stuck to my food packs 4 aday , its a lot but health comes first i'm finding out .
just go with it daily don't think to far ahead and keep busy .
I find it ok cooking for the family as it gives me something todo , I tend to become a feeder while on this lol
not long now till your meet , how you feeling about that ?

Weirdly I become a feeder too. I'm a bit of a one anyway but go into overdrive when I'm not eating. I can't stop cooking for everyone else

Weirdly I become a feeder too. I'm a bit of a one anyway but go into overdrive when I'm not eating. I can't stop cooking for everyone else!

Weirdly I become a feeder too. I'm a bit of a one anyway but go into overdrive when I'm not eating. I can't stop cooking for everyone else!
As long as were not the ones eating it lol . maybe this is another way of being close to food ? really I don't know .

msJMC think its about 10 weeks, yeah feel excited just hope can feel comfortable in my own skin .. obviously even with good weight loss still going to be overweight 13 stone odd but can dress that up a bit (or down as the case may be!)

apetite has been totally curbed now - have scan apt 4th june and its worrying me silly, been going to doctors for months complaining of pain and weird pressure in my ovary area thought might be a cyst, they kept fobbing me off saying was stress, ibs etc then finally they took swabs last weds saying if there was a problem a scan apt would be sent out if no prob I would hear no more, thought all ok as hadn't heard in 8 days then got letter this morning .. just find it strange they had to do swabs to determine if may have a cyst, so of course im thinking the worst .. have 10 days of worry to get through, totally gone off my food now so going to have to force myself to eat :( xx

I had scan they put dyes in me and showed me on then screen that she could do treatment but its not too bad and gave me an opion of lasering or leaving as it was not too bad the area , this was 8 ish years ago smears all more often and come back fine , I know we think the worst , hope all will be good news . I did have swaps taken where by bits where taken to be looked at if they were ok no treatment needed , was all ok .
yes I bet your off your food with worry , just take all your packs .
10 weeks that will be a good loss of almost 3 stone by then , can get a new outfit feel great .....

thanks msjmc, the swab results were what doctor ordered as I kept saying I thought I had an ovarian cyst also had smear test but waiting for those results. really confused now as phone doctors and they said results were fine so don't know why scan was ordered, was told would only be ordered if there was a problem .. will give them another call after bank holiday, all seems very strange - swab wouldn't pick up if I have a cyst don't know what they're playing at really. thanks for sharing your story though, glad all worked out for you .. things we have to go through, its the waiting that is so stressful :(

day 10: choc shake hot, yummy loved it. 2 boiled eggs, lettuce and cucumber, trufa bar, chilli and cauliflower, milk allowance in tea
didn't measure veg today bit stressed just couldn't be bothered also picked cheese and ham off my lo's pizza .. not beating myself up just had stressful day

meeting friend for lunch tomorrow (sat) will try hardest to have protein and veg or salad plus mineral water, have packed bar in case nothing really suitable will try and have skinny late with it instead .. we shall see!! xx

Well done! If you stick to it, it really works! Sorry to hear what a rotten time you have had of it. I'm sure you smear and swabs will come back fine- and I have had my fair share of gyne issues! Good luck and keep it up.

thanks msjmc, the swab results were what doctor ordered as I kept saying I thought I had an ovarian cyst also had smear test but waiting for those results. really confused now as phone doctors and they said results were fine so don't know why scan was ordered, was told would only be ordered if there was a problem .. will give them another call after bank holiday, all seems very strange - swab wouldn't pick up if I have a cyst don't know what they're playing at really. thanks for sharing your story though, glad all worked out for you .. things we have to go through, its the waiting that is so stressful :(

day 10: choc shake hot, yummy loved it. 2 boiled eggs, lettuce and cucumber, trufa bar, chilli and cauliflower, milk allowance in tea
didn't measure veg today bit stressed just couldn't be bothered also picked cheese and ham off my lo's pizza .. not beating myself up just had stressful day

meeting friend for lunch tomorrow (sat) will try hardest to have protein and veg or salad plus mineral water, have packed bar in case nothing really suitable will try and have skinny late with it instead .. we shall see!! xx
Maybe its something to rule out everything by having scan . Yes , its just a waiting game now , hope you get some answers soon !
Yes hard when going out , knowing what to have ... but still have to go out as passes time .
my worst time on this is from 12 till 3 ish , keep thinking of food .
I'm on the 4 packs on LL .
Once you get your results back you can think straight , hoping all is ok
I was finding when I was doing slim save and adding some food and still having milk , I was craving more food , now i'm 4 packs no milk , black coffee is hard but i'm noticing I am not craving as much .
Keep strong !

msjmc, Im thinking trying 4 packs .. just take food out of the equation, know where stand then and perhaps just have protein meal if eating out or something although gone off plan today .. started well but all went a bit pear shaped by this afternoon, think combination of stress, not *feeling* as if ive lost weight have never lost weight at this size before, so expecting bit too much I think as when lot smaller and dieted could tell straight away, tummy was flatter, thighs felt smaller, think have such a lot to lose not going to show until lost good Cpl stone, im too impatient for my own good lol

Iwillbethinagain, love your username lol, thanks for your kind words .. im sure all fine, Cpl friends who have had dodgy smears have told me they heard within days so guess at the moment no news is good news . really suffer from bad health anxiety since had lots of personal stuff going on, need to try and manage it driving me and everyone around me crazy!!

day 11 .. fallen off the waggon arghhhh

chocolate shake for breakfast, met a friend for lunch had chicken (much more than 100G) and bacon salad, chicken was dry so dipped in dressing, had café latte - large one she paid so felt obliged to drink it all, 2 bars .. woops, another shake when I got home and have just polished off 4 pieces toast with jam and the evening is still young. im assuming have deffinately now taken myself out of ketosis - planning to lay flowers at babys grave with ex and my son and daughter tomorrow, we always have a nice pub lunch so not going to deny myself will try and go for protein and have shake for breakfast and s/s meal in evening .. that gives me another 4 days til beginning june to get back into ketosis and start doing the diet properly - im assuming i'll have some sort of loss as calories as still really really restricted, just effort to get back into ketosis again grrrrr .

Back