so so much is riding on me losing 30lbs by begining aug .. fingers crossed !!!

definitely the hardest time for me in the beginning , especially as my hubby has just landed back from his course . mind hell disappear again next Friday until august so its pretty smooth sailing when he's not around :0) too easy being social when he's here . good luck with the weekend , ill certainly need it lol xx
btw well done on the loss so far xx

day 3 - not sure ive broken the diet as not yet in kesosis had the usual shakes, but 2 protein meals (2x100g chicken and salad) as got called to help friend out at kids party, totally forgot to bring a s/s pack stayed on to help clear up and was ravenous by then - it was all I could do to stop pinching the kids party left overs, my friend made a chicken salad for me bless but not sure if ive put myself back Cpl days now, could someone please advice .. so had 2 shakes, 2 protein meals and milk allowance
would also love to hear what everyone does exercise wise, been looking at kettlebells on amazon was thinking getting along with workout dvd, also fancy pilates as fairly gentle but thinking joining a gym in month or so to tone up as I lose the weight, paranoid getting horrible lose skin .. its been stretched out for so long lool xx

not sure if ive put myself back Cpl days now, could someone please advice .. so had 2 shakes, 2 protein meals and milk allowance

It shouldn't make any difference, you'll still be well on your way to ketosis as it was just another protein portion and seeing as it was chicken practically zero carbs. You will have actually had less carbs today than if you had had 4 S&S packs. You have basically swapped an S&S pack for another protein meal so no harm done, it's much much better than swapping for something that isn't on the allowed list! I have been back on the plan nearly 3 weeks now and I have done this 2 times so far (swapped a pack for extra protein) and it hasn't made any difference to me. I try not to do it too often though and stick to my 3 S&S packs + 100g protein.

If you find you start to struggle trust me if you can hold on and keep going it does definitely get better and easier. It sounds like you are doing great so far anyway so keep up the good work and ketosis will kick in soon if it hasn't already

Last edited:
thanks for that luv2slim .. was bit worried, so do you know if can have 2 meal packs instead of 1 protein meal and 1 meal pack in case don't have suitable stuff in for protein meal or go out somewhere last minute and not sure going to be able to get protein meal? always worth keeping Cpl in my bag !!

day 4 - so far so good, well better be coz ive eaten my allowance fingers crossed can make it through the evenings tv (usually have stockpile food beside me lol) with just a cup of tea, although would be bit stupid to give in on day 4

im assuming i'll reach ketosis tomorrow as don't feel sudden surge of energy and cant say im not hungry in fact I was pretty hungry this afternoon hence me eating my meal pack early .. also no horrible taste in my mouth, will it be obvious when ketosis kicks in?

tried spag bol pack today, quite spicy for me but not too bad. had to giggle at the portion think I usually give my 2 yr old more than that lol although that's what its all about I suppose portion control and learning new habits x

little concerned im on day 5 and actually woke up little hungry ??? am I not yet supposed to be in ketosis :( keep reading about all the signs and looking out for them but don't seem to have any, are they more subtle? do they not always happen to everyone? would be just my luck now ive found something i appear to be able to stick to and am more determined than ive ever been in my life that my stupid body wont let me go into ketosis for some reason :( off to have some sweet porridge lol xx

Are you sure it's hunger and not thirst? That catches a lot of people out. I often think I'm a bit hungry but actually just need a drink. You're doing really well. I'm on day 7 today but have a lot more to lose than you.

thanks slim2012 .. might be thirst although have been drinking loads water, will try to up it a bit .. really strange im hungrier today than ever grrrr thought would have subsided by day 5 arghhhh x

Hope you don't mind me popping in :) just wanted to say good luck and here to support x you have been thro an awful lot and I am sure you will lose the weight your determination is shining thro . Im back on slim and save after messing around for the last year losing the same stone and putting it back on :-( . I did read somewhere that ketosis doesn't always stop you feel hungry you just don't feel as hungry all the time but it def helps with sticking to a vlcd diet and I think drinking more water helps but I am no expert and still finding my way around the diet I have alot to lose still :-(
Am looking forward to hearing how well ur date goes ;-) as I know you will lose the weight you want too by then x

aww thanks katierose :) funnily enough since posting this morning haven't felt at all hungry and have had to remind myself to eat my tea, im usually clockwatching reading to pounce on my next pack lool

day 5 : original porridge - was actually dreading eating this as hadn't read good reviews but as running low on sample packs had no choice OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE, in fact would happily eat once at target was scrummy sadly didn't order any in my 2 weeks supplies as was expecting it to taste awful so will have to wait Cpl weeks :( had strawb shake as a snack, or should I say 1/4 of a shake, rested it on arm of the sofa my new (very harsh) doorbell range unexpectly and I jumped out of my skin tipping most of it over grrrr , what I did get to taste was ok not one of my faves though. had chilli for lunch, was ok and spicy Bolognese with broccoli for tea - loved and will deffinately order again . didn't have chance to get protein in so hope was ok to have 2 meals instead of 1 s/s meal and 1 protein .. that's about it really, saving my last cup tea for this evening - who would have thought a cuppa made with skim milk would be classed as a treat to look forward too lol x

day 6 : 2 egg omelette with Cpl mushrooms / fry light for breakfast . berries shake for snack - thumbs up. shepherds pie for lunch - not keen had texture of offerings id find in my hoover, cheese pasta - was soooo looking forward to this after reading so many positive reviews, but not keen at all is a bloomin shame as ive gone and ordered about 6 packs grrrrr !!!

so far stuck to plan 100% - probably longest ive stuck to any sort of diet without cheating or giving in altogether .. really chuffed with myself but just worried that ive not actually lost that much, not sure if its coz im quite big but really not feeling it, jeans still tight around my waist that's the place it usually goes from me round the tummy area, in fact I feel quite bloated at times - probably water logged with all that fluid im taking in, one more day then it will be the moment of truth ... scary !!!

Good luck! I will be lucky to have not put on! AWOL this week, back on the horse!

thanks for good luck wishes .. my weigh in is weds though although was tempted to weigh this morning
although had sneaky peek at beginning and seemed to have lost 4lbs in just Cpl days, really don't feel as if lost anything .. I always lose from tummy area first and the waistbands on the 2 pairs of jeans I live in are still just as tight would have thought theyd loosened a little, unless have lost from elsewhere .. no ones really commented though that ive lost weight so no expecting miracles plus feel bloated as anything (and not tme of mth) which is p*ssing me off, dreading tomorrow really was worried all along this was going to be another diet that just didn't work for me :(

day 7 : well I can honestly say in probably 20 odd years of dieting this is the first time I have stuck to a plan 100% - really chuffed, but really nervous about my first weigh in tomorrow .. I don't think the weight loss is going to be as good as id hoped, but I'll have to be strong and keep moving forward as long the scales are going down every week that's all I can hope for

breakfast - sweet porridge - strange one, the original is much sweeter and much yummier, lunch 2 egg omelette with mushroom, dinner 100g turkey and salad, milk for tea have saved a trufa bar for later looking forward it with nice coffee and holby city this evening

Yay to your first week that's brilliant Hun :)

I've got my fingers crossed for a good loss for you xx

well done on your 1st week :0D
good luck for your 1st weigh in tomorrow , youll probably be pleasantly surprised xxx

day 8 :1st weigh in : 8.5 lbs off .. woo hoo :) shocked as cant see where its gone from (I now prob 4-6 lbs glycogen) but at least its going in right direction also onset of TOTM so not bad at all

Last edited:
day 8 :1st weigh in : 8.5 lbs off .. woo hoo :) shocked as cant see where its gone from (I now prob 4-6 lbs glycogen) but at least its going in right direction also onset of TOTM so not bad at all

Well done! See it works!

Back