so sorry to mention this!!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Since starting SW (3 weeks ago) v been really badly bloated and iv got bad wind (sorry!!) so bad im having stomach cramps. Is this normal?? is it because im eating more veg and fruit now?

ive been getting the same are you mainly doing green days as i have been i had my first red day today and am feeling less bloated and no wind so far (my hubbys releived lol) i had this years ago when i first did slimming world i had forgotten about it bthis is my 4th week

Im mainly doinf extra easy days but either way im eating way more fruit aand veg than before! just wondered if my body will get used to it or will i be trumping forever more?!?!?

I had awful wind for the first 3 weeks or so :sign0007: I put it down to eating a lot more beans and veg. Seems better lately though...

I had this for quite a while after restarting SW. It got really embarrassing.
I found out what caused it for me. It was the hi-fi bars and oats. As much as I love them, I stopped them. I also started having 2 fat free Activia a day and the wind stopped and I became far more regular too.

now you mention it i havnt had a hifi bar for 2 days maybe thats the problem !!

I think most people would agree that sw gives you bad wind.
My husband says he can put up with it because he knows when I'm windy I'm losing weight!! :D

I second the Activia fat free yogurts
They stop bloating, I have at least one every day.

Yes - the Activia realy sorted my tummy out. One or two a day.
I think it does get better after time - all that fruit and veg have a bit of a cleansing effect, and it can take a bit of time for your body to adjust.

I think most people would agree that sw gives you bad wind.
My husband says he can put up with it because he knows when I'm windy I'm losing weight!! :D

Well I would say that it is not SW that gives you wind but the move from an unhealthy to a healthy diet. And your body having to start working the way it is supposed to when it hasn't in the past.

Drink loads of water and try the activia yoghurts and it should ease when your body gets used to the new high fibre diet.

Hi,
I have the same problem, been on SW for just over 3 weeks, and am so bloated its embaressing... I do mostly green days, and have meat as My B choice as I don't know what to have for lunch on original days.
Thanks for the activia tip, I will try that too.
Also I don't feel like I'm losing when I'm so bloated, or maybe I'm just having a bad week. :O( Will have to wait till wednesday WI.

It is quite expensive, normally about £2.80 for 8 small pots, but Tescos sometimes have them buy one get one free, and recently they had the large pots (same size as muller) for 4 for £2.00. Not sure what the normal price is for those.

cheers guys i'll definatly give activia a go. Im eating porridge every morning so maybe its that!

ive had 2 wind free days now lol so maybe my bodys got used to all the fibre and veges gonna have a hifi bar shortly so will keep you informed

Back