So tired!

crimson_noir

Help!! I am worried I doing something wrong on this diet. I am so tired and not sleeping very well - I can barely concentrate at work and am becoming very grumpy :sigh:.

I am not hungry and have found it mostly easy (on day 4) but last night I caved and had some potatoes and a little bit of bread as I wondered if the carbs would help. I woke up 2 hours ago feeling very ill and havent been able to get back to sleep. Not sure if this is down to the diet (and coming off plan)? Any veterens with any advice? I was eating 3 packs plus chicken and allowed veg, yesterday I had only 2 packs after adding the potatoes and bread to my evening meal :(

Thanks.

I can't help re the tiredness but if you haven't reached ketosis yet it may be to do with that. I feel tired in the first few days whilst reaching ketosis but after that I don't and I find that I need less sleep than before. I don't have stacks of energy for strenuous exercise tho. I would just say that adding carbs into this diet is the absolute worst thing you can do as you will never get into ketosis and the fat burning will not start properly unless you do, plus you will feel permanently rubbish.

The tiredness coul be linked to the detoxing effect but as BG said adding carbs into this diet is the absolute worst thing you can do as you will never get into ketosis and the fat burning will not start properly and you will feel hungry all the time.,,. Maybe have one extra pack or some lean grilled chicken if you can't do without food....

Thanks, I finally got some sleep last night have felt much better today. I had lost 7 pounds this morning (so 7 in 5 days) so I think the potatoes did no harm. Think I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself in the initial post lol!

Yeah you sounded pretty low in the first post. Glad to hear you are feeling better - we all get days like that :), and well done on your loss - that's fab - and hopefully it will help to spur you on.

And if you do feel crap again reach for the grilled chicken, not the spuds :)

Yah well done.... The beauty of this diet is your calorie intake is so low even when you have a little slip you can still loose....take care with the carbs Hun as they can make you go off the diet.....great loss!!

Back