So what's your current incentive and do we always need one?

I agree the incentives definitely are very motivating on the way down, I personally found little goals and achievements kept me going the struggle (for me) started when I hit target sibce theres nothing to reach for anymore but im trying to think up some little rewards when I've spent x amount of time in my target range - any suggestions would be welcome

x good luck everyone x

Buy yourself a pandora charm bracelet and buy a charm for each month you maintain :)

I have a few goals and find I am better with something to work towards.

I have a pair jeans I want to fit into again that have always been my favourites. Haven't tried them on for a while but last time I could just about get them up over my thighs as far as my hips (if I wiggled a bit!)

I have a girls weekend away at the end of February to Birmingham one girl I am going with is teeny and toned, the other is also dieting for her wedding so I don't want to be the biggest one. Sounds a bit *****y written down but I love both these girls so thinking of it as a bit if healthy competition.

Said friends wedding is in September. The last 2 weddings I went to as a bridesmaid and this time I get to pick what I wear!!! So I want to get something really nice to show off in :)

My bf and I are hoping to get engaged this year do I guess it's preparation for the wedding diet that will be inevitable!!

I have twice now had solid incentives to get to a certain weight by a certain date and both times have ended up going off the rails afterwards.
Now my incentive is just to get to target, so I can feel happy knowing that I am healthy and always ready and looking my best for whatever life brings, not having to panic and diet to get there for one day/week to look good in photos.

I have twice now had solid incentives to get to a certain weight by a certain date and both times have ended up going off the rails afterwards.
Now my incentive is just to get to target, so I can feel happy knowing that I am healthy and always ready and looking my best for whatever life brings, not having to panic and diet to get there for one day/week to look good in photos.

I agree we need long term too! I focused on a wedding which was in August and I was a bridesmaid... After the day I have gained just over 2 stone :-(
Staying at target for a long time would be amazing!!

Good luck everyone x

Considering Americas reputation for weight its funny that so many want to lose weight to go there lol any incentives good though x
Lol, I can see exactly what you mean.

i go to New York in September and for me, to lose another 3 st by then will make me fitter, so I will be able to walk more easily and it's gonna be still warm at that time of year so I don't wanna be fat and sweaty lol and also the plane will be comfier if I'm thinner. So I can understand why people wanna lose weight to go.

Plus, I'm not gonna be sticking to slimming world while there so even if I put half a stone in in a week, it'll give me the incentive to get back on plan and get it back off when I come home :) want to be pretty close to target by Christmas 2013. By close though I'm thinking of maybe a stone away from it x only 3 and half stone to go for that x

The big incentive for me this year is that OH and I are going to start trying for a baby. I want to be the healthiest I can be to do this and ensure that I learn good habits for life, and for my family, and to be a yummy mummy! I want a nice bump and not let any extra pounds hide it! xxx

my incentive is to have a baby, last month i had a miscarriage and i kept blaming myself and mostly my weight for it. I know it wasn't purely down to my weight but i think it did play a part. I never ever want to go through that again, i want to make sure the next time i get pregnant i am a healthy weight and in a much better place mentally and physically :) xx

my incentive is to have a baby, last month i had a miscarriage and i kept blaming myself and mostly my weight for it. I know it wasn't purely down to my weight but i think it did play a part. I never ever want to go through that again, i want to make sure the next time i get pregnant i am a healthy weight and in a much better place mentally and physically :) xx

I'm so sorry you're had such a horrible experience Linz, please don't blame yourself! :( You'll get there and we'll all be behind you. xxx

There is a new section in the "General weightloss support" section for people that have experienced miscarriage to talk to others with similar experiences. It was set up the other day by a member called Jo. Xx

I completely forgot to mention that and I'm glad you did - Jo's lovely and I'm sure she'd be happy to chat to you Linz xxx

Aww thank you all for the lovely comments, i really do appreciate it a lot. :) I honestly don't know what i'd do without this forum now.
It was hard but i just decided to get on with it, moping around wasn't doing me much good... got straight back on SW.
I will check out the thread now. XxX

My incentives are wanting to be at target or at least a couple lbs above target by Download festival in June. Already bought tickets and SO excited, even though i had a good time at a festival last summer, i still felt really self conscious most of the time. Also have a cruise booked with the family in august, i would love to finally be comfortable enough to swan about in a bikini ;)

I haven't been abroad since my son was born 3 years ago, and the last 2 holidays I've been on I was 7 months pregnant, each time, am desperate to take the kids abroad in the summer holidays and would love to be running around with them without feeling self conscious. Plus I still have loads of old size 12 holiday clothes which haven't seen the light for 6 years!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What a great thread!

Incentives hmmmm, guess I have small ones, nothing major but to name a few:

Running my first 10k in may for the Alderhay children's hospital so I want to be at target by then - 8lbs to go.
Hopefully entering and running my first half marathon in sept so I want to get fitter and be able to finish it.

Other than that its all about getting to target for the 1st time and staying there. I'm currently doing the dryathlon (no alcohol) challenge for Jan and so far it's going great, I also would like this to be a change for ever, hubby and I too often share a bottle of wine and I'm enjoying the syns on other things!

I have took almost evrything i own in a size 16 and have put it on ebay!! I have kept some jeans and tops to see me through the next few weeks but i am so adamant to do this this time!!! Im sick of being heavy!! Just really hope i dont get invited to any nights out in the next few weeks lol!! I will have nothing to wear lol!! Xx

My incentives at the moment are quite big. Probably too big!

After struggling with my depression for the last 18 months, slowly getting worse, I had to give up my job, lost my bf, moved back in with my parents at 24 where we dont really get on and ended up in a&e two weeks ago with a really strong urge to kill myself.

So I know being slim will not solve all of this, but by eating healthier I will have more energy, therefore be able to deal and cope with my depression more. This means that I can then potentially get a job, become more independent again. Me and my ex are still talking and taking things slow. He could not cope with my depression. I hope that by getting myself fit and well again, we could have another go. We both still love each other, just couldnt cope with each other.

Obviously its more complicated than that. That was a very quick over view! But eating healthier might get me my life back. Thats a massive incentive right now. In a years time everything could be completely different. Wish me luck xx

Back