So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

has this thread always been called 'so you're thinking of STARING atkins' or have you just knocked a letter out jim? because i never noticed it before...

It was an original spelling mistake abz, I tried editing it but it won't let me change the title. :)

so how come you guys can add and change stuff on your diary threads and I can't change this one?

YAY!!! Thanks Laura

It worked!!

LOL, well Laura showed the way abz. :D

It just doesn't look the same now.....

LOL, oh well you can't please everyone can you, LMAO

I know Lara, funny thing the mind. :)

No, just fumble fingers abz. :)

ha, I never noticed the spelling error, I guess I just can't read. Anyway, I am starTing tomorrow. I was originally on a DIY VLCD. I lost lots of weight for the month I was on it, but I remember a few years ago when I went on a low cal diet and exercised A LOT ta few months later my hair started falling out, and lots of it.

Jim, I have a couple of questions. 1. how long did it take for you to lose your weight and did you add exercise? and 2. I have heard on a number of occasions that if you have previously done Atkins or the like that you have "one Golden Shot" . Meaning if you do atkins for your first time then go off then you let time go by and start again, some people cannot lose weight at the same rate or they have to lower their carb intake to lower than it says in the book.
What are your thoughts on that? Has anyone ever started over again and not had the results that they had when they originally done the program?

Hi daisy and welcome love.

I was on induction for 6 months starting in May 2002, I lost about half the weight I needed to lose during induction, about 6 stone. I went into OWL for 4 years and lost the remaining 6 stone at the rate of about a pound a week until I went into maint in 2006 I think. I'll have to find my Atkins diary. :) Since then I've maintained at my current 13 1/2 stone (ish). I have heard about the Golden shot, but I've never wanted to have to try again. Logic says it can't be true to me, what I do believe is that first time round people are very careful and strictly count the carbs, second time round they possibly think they know it all and get it wrong by eating things allowed on later stages of OWL but not on induction.

Thanks Jim, this is my second time and I will be super sticky on what goes in my mouth. I will keep you posted:)

Good luck Daisy. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Hi Jim :)

I started Atkins about a week and a half ago. Can you tell me whether I am eating right things.

B. Bacon or sausages with Scrambled egg.
L. Salad with chicken, ham or tuna
D. Gammon and eggs or 2 burgers with cheese and salad
Snacks. Jelly and whipped cream
Drinks. Diet pop and cordial

Speak soon

Laura

Back