So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

Are you getting the majority of your carbs from the veggie list at the top of the thread Eddie

if so then yes OK mate.

Yes I have but just want someone to say I am eating the right things, or suggest some meals. I dont know anyone who has done Atkins or is doing it so cant speak to them for ideas.

I dont know whether I am eating to much.

Yes Eddie, that is what I meant mate. You should be having 3 mugs of chopped green leaf salad veggies a day basically. I don't think you are eating too much. I'd add in lamb chops, pork chops or pork steaks, beef etc.... There is a recipe section, and as I mentioned before take a look at people diary's or the what are we eating today threads. :)

Hi Eddie, your portion sizes seem okay to me. Obviously everyone is different and men can get away with eating more than women, but if it help you to get an idea of portion size I would typically have:
brek - two or three eggs with two or three bacon OR sossies OR smoked salmon; or a two or three egg omelette with whatever filling
lunch - about 150g of cooked chicken, or a standard tin of tuna, with about 1 cup (250ml sized cup) of salad veg
dinner - chicken: usually 2 breasts or 3-4 thighs/drumsticks depending on size; a largish steak; 2 fillets of fish; 2 pork chops/steaks; 2 lamb steaks or 3-4 lamb chops; 2 burgers with cheese topping; 3 sossies. With 1-2 cups veggies from the allowed list.

Those are my typical portion sizes, others may vary but I hope that gives you an idea of how big your meals can be.

Atkins says to eat until you are satisfied but NOT until you are stuffed, so I guess your own belly would be a much better guide!

I don't eat much really ;)

Hi Jim :)

I started Atkins about a week and a half ago. Can you tell me whether I am eating right things.

B. Bacon or sausages with Scrambled egg.
L. Salad with chicken, ham or tuna
D. Gammon and eggs or 2 burgers with cheese and salad
Snacks. Jelly and whipped cream
Drinks. Diet pop and cordial

Speak soon

Laura

Hate to say it guys n gals but me thinks Eddie is a lady (Laura) :) :rolleyes:

AH, well spotted Claire. Oops, LOL, Hi Laura, we already have a Lara, do you want to be Laura#2 :D

hi everyone, id just like to say hello, i started on the atkins on monday. i want to lose about 6-7 stone :eek: and i think short of sewing my mouth up this is the only way i will be able to do it. i did the cambridge diet at the beginning of last year and lost around 4 stone only to put it all back on again, :cry:so i am back to square one,and disgusted with myself as i have just let myself go.on a positive note i have just got on the scales today and have lost 2 pounds in just 2 days :D i know your not supposed to keep jumping on the scales, but i think it helps to know the plan is working at this early stage

Hi jo, welcome love. There is an atkins newbie thread, why don't you join in there love.

Hi Val and welcome to Atkins and the board. I know what you mean, I was fed up with being hungry all the time as well love, and as for Cambridge, I barely lasted the day out.

hi guys , I am thinking of starting the atkins diet , Can anyone tell me about this diet and your weekly losses , you have done so well Jim !
I know its dropping carbs but unsure what I can eat . Help i'm lost in the jungle

Hi, There is a quite comprehensive list in my first post on this thread. Have a read of that and then see what you think. Welcome!! :)

ok Jim will do that , thanks

Back