So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

Hi all...because I've lost my Atkins books I've found this thread invaluable. I've a diary in Silver Members section so won't be starting an Atkins one.

I'm wondering what I can expect my loss to be in the first week? I absolutely HAVE to get a stone off by Christmas.

My start weight this morning is 13 stones... I've been VERY heavy on carbs for the last 6 weeks or so... my body will wonder what's hit it :rolleyes:

Morning Hope, everyone is different but if you do it strictly you should be looking at 3 - 4 lbs in your first week, it seems the more you have to lose the greater the first weeks loss from what I've seen.

Can you give me a link to you silver members diary and i'll add you to my watch list :)

LOL, it's not all about food is it love :)

Thanks

Hello All
I have been on MM for a while, but fell out of the routine. Now that 2012 is looming, me and Mr E are going to get shot of the baggage. I have 1.5 stone that I want gone forever, Mr E has 2.5 stone and so I am on a "reduction of BMI" programme and Mr E is "following the philosophy of Dr Atkins" we just didn't want to use what is our minds the negative word 'diet' Mr E will also get his BMI into his healthy range as well.

I have lost 1.5 stone on SW but have been stuck for what seems forever, losing and putting on the same pound over a good few weeks.

We start on 2 Jan as that is when we are going for our Atkins 'grub' shop and the day after I am back at work so will have my lunch box filled with the 'good' stuff.

Onwards and downwards and I'll get a diary up and running with the weight loss as well starting 3 Jan.

We are kicking the fat off in 2012 :)

Hi E and welcome, I hope '12 is a good weight loss year for both of you :(

Right, kinda started today. I think I am still stuffed from Christmas so thankfully no hunger pangs!

well on with the alkins

Been on the alkins for about a year on and off and have mananged to lose some weight! but so bored, seroiusly thinking about a g band today. Hopeing for support on here just to stick to diet because g band expensive. does anyone know anyone who taken that route ? i am a big girl about 18 stone so i am not taking the deision likley!

Been on the alkins for about a year on and off and have mananged to lose some weight! but so bored, seroiusly thinking about a g band today. Hopeing for support on here just to stick to diet because g band expensive. does anyone know anyone who taken that route ? i am a big girl about 18 stone so i am not taking the deision likley!

Just to say hi and welcome you. :)

I'm afraid I'm in no position to advise you about a band. I have a young male friend who is having - I think - a balloon inserted, courtesy of the NHS,
later this month. He is much bigger than you & has had many problems. I can only wish him well & hopes it works out for him.

I am not following Atkins strictly but am low carbing & hope to get my head round it more successfully now we're into the new year.

I think you have youth on your side & once you've put you mind to it - you will succeed.

Good luck. :)

Starting Atkins Today!!!

I have started a new exercise and diet program Jan. 1st. I have did atkins years ago and lost 50 lbs. but didn't exercise so I lost a lot of muscle tone and blamed it on the diet.I started out doing low fat and counting calories but only have lost 12lbs. and I am hungry so Im starting Atkins today I just think it's a lot easier and I don't feel as deprived. So wish me luck :)

Yes, good luck jenks

Hi all! day 2 for me of induction. Been reading up here so thought id say hello xx :)

Hi and welcome, have you started a diary thread? I'll follow your diary if you have.

Jim said:
Hi and welcome, have you started a diary thread? I'll follow your diary if you have.

I haven't done but I have got a wee book here. May go and start one but I know what I'm like, :( I'd never keep track of it on here x

Most people comment on the diary threads :)

Made one! Started it today......Honda's peepings. :)

Back