Sod the diet...

lunar jim

Gold Member
...is the attitude I seem to have woken up with this morning!

Don't worry, I haven't fell off, but I'm just having one of 'those' days it seems :(

Bah

Jim - give yourself a little treat today. Whether it's a little time to yourself somewhere nice, or giving your partner a special moment or just buying a new T-shirt.
Oh and remember to smile - it's clinically proven that the muscles you use in your face when you smile actually release endorphins or something that make you feel happy. So - Even if you start off with it being a forced smile you end up really feeling happy. I did that a lot last year and it does work.
hug.

Thanks Alex :D

Well, I'm skint! (get paid on Monday, recovering from holiday lol). I'm about to head out to the gym for my regular so hopefully there'll be some endorphin action lol

And I have to stop by my CDC on the way, she forgot to pack my soup yesterday hehe

Jim I know how you feel! I hate having days like that but when you do get through it you do feel somewhat a sense a achievement that you were strong with yourself!

That workout at the gym will make you feel much better!

Make sure you put on your ipod/mp3 all the songs that make you smile and giggle. I have a list of strange songs that i just cant stop myself from singing along to (at the top of my voice) in the car. stuff like the blues brothers, sister act.......... come on and let me see you shake a tail feather.....come on and let me see you shake a tail feather. i'm smiling and shakin my booty just typing it!!!!!
Hope your out of your funk soon xoxox

oooooo what about .....I feel good by james brown....You smiling yet?

the gym always makes me feel better and have a look at your start photos and then look at yourself now that helped me yesterday when i was feeling really poo i have now uploaded them onto my phone so i can get a boost when i need it xx

i know how you feel Jim! There are days when i just get that AAAAAGRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH feeling with dieting in general....but the positive it no matter how i feel, i still carry on (unless its 3am, the cat's gone missing, i've argued with DH and there are chocs to be consumed!lol)!

Hope the gym was fab and that has picked you up a bit!

xx

Make sure you put on your ipod/mp3 all the songs that make you smile and giggle. I have a list of strange songs that i just cant stop myself from singing along to (at the top of my voice) in the car. stuff like the blues brothers, sister act.......... come on and let me see you shake a tail feather.....come on and let me see you shake a tail feather. i'm smiling and shakin my booty just typing it!!!!!
Hope your out of your funk soon xoxox

Lol the irony of this is the battery in my iPod ran out while I was on the treadmill! I forgot to put it on charge while I was in the car :(

Still, my CDC gave me three free bars when I went to pick my soup up :D

freebies you lucky thing ipods we can't live em you can't live without em

Ooh and yeah, I feel much better after the gym session. Though I totally hit a wall with my final set of concentration curls which I added recently. I'd already had my bar just before I left for the gym, so I had a tin of tuna/chilli/balsamic when I got home to give myself a boost; I'll have to subtract that from my evening meal, but my body really needed it...

freebies you lucky thing ipods we can't live em you can't live without em

hah that's true, I've had an iPod since the 6GB Mini came out and I wouldn't be without one now. The battery is crap now on my 30GB Classic, which is why it ran out earlier... Good excuse to buy a new one lol but I haven't got spare cash for one due to the three little money pits we have :D :D

i have 2 money pits aswell never have spare cash for me, my hubby got an itouch for his birthday from his parents it is rather lush but a bit pricey could you take it to apple shop for a new battery ??

ooooo itouch sounds snassy. my eldest money pit put his nano classic through the washing machine then the idiot thought it would work again if he put it through the tumble dryer. he keeps asking to borrow mine. The Mommy says NO.

however if OH would possibly buy me an itouch for chrimbo then i could be persuaded lol.

xoxox

i washed my 14 yr olds ipod shuffle twice and it still works but i think it was because the headphones were attached because when i washed my 11 yr olds without headphones it broke lol well i am always telling them to check their pockets before putting them out to be washed

same here. mommies are not responsable for anything left in pockets hence the ds,ipod nano, oh's wallet and phone all going through the washer. i'm so usless at the whole domestic goddess thing lol

oh god i am the worse housewife ever i hate doing it i am no good at it. i always say to hubby i am sure you were thinking i bet she is good at housework when we met in the pub ;-)

Hope that the day is getting a bit better for you jim.

I got some good news today, having moaned that I probably won't have a holiday out of the UK (didn't fancy a trip on my own and a couple of friends that suggested hols have had unexpected costs arise) it now looks as if my best mate has found a very good deal for Venice, yippee!

But I do get the odd day or more when I am bored at the thought of the 4 sachets ahead of me (but unfortunately don't trust myself to have 3 sachets and a little meal)

I'm now getting a little excited about going for a make-over at a department store in the West End tommorow - the ideas arose on a thread here. Is there an equivalent free pampering for men - there must be?!

Now I am going to be naughty (I am working from home) and watch an old Carry On film ....whilst working, of course. That should lift the intermittent CD gloom!

i have 2 money pits aswell never have spare cash for me, my hubby got an itouch for his birthday from his parents it is rather lush but a bit pricey could you take it to apple shop for a new battery ??

Heh I really want an iPhone, but I've got a year to run on my perfectly good Windows Mobile-powered phone so I can't change it, and my phone does everything an iPhone does anyway lol

Apple replace the battery? Might as well buy a new iPod, they'll charge so much ;) You can buy replacement batteries on eBay which come with a kit for opening the iPod etc. I opened up my iPod Mini with no problems so I'm not fazed by doing this. Just getting round to it you know :D

Back