Soft fruit vs Hard fruit

Ally89 said:
I found where I read that the fruit shouldn't be hard. It was on the '"Getting Started" Menu' page on the SW website, under the 'Handy Hints'

'Fresh fruit and veg are vital to health. We recommend that you eat at least five portions each day - it shouldn't be hard; fresh and frozen fruit is Free! Fill your fruit bowl. Choose your favourite fruit each day - we've made suggestions but if you'd prefer another fruit, feel free to make a swap!'

Knew I wasn't going totally insane haha

Think it means it shouldn't be hard to eat 5 portions a day ;-)

The only fruits I like are apples, grapes or bananas. I hate the texture of everything else! Pink Lady apples are my favourite, nice and juicy. Prefer my grapes nice and sweet, but prefer my bananas to be yellow, starting to go brown - I just prefer them softer. Don't like them when they're too hard!

I eat most vegetables though :)

Think it means it shouldn't be hard to eat 5 portions a day ;-)

well now you point it out *blushes*.... I'll go hide for a while until I don't feel so stupid haha. I will learn to read in the right context one day haha

Don't worry Ally89 loads of people make this mistake and it did give us a laugh!

I prefer ripe fruit but am not too fussy, I grow my own so can't afford to be or I'd be chucking a lot of it.

My teenage son is so fussy it drives me nuts - not just fruit but veg too. Like he will eat potatoes but not if they are mashed. I try and be grateful he doesn't insist on chips :rolleyes:

I feel likes I should be blonde or something xD (no offence to blonde people)

I can't stand potatoes especially when mashed, its the whole texture of them, I'm the same with overripe banana's too and soft fruit come to that matter.

I feel likes I should be blonde or something xD (no offence to blonde people)

Not at all. I read what you posted and thought - she's right! They do tell you not to eat hard fruit. It was only when the post below explaining it that I realised!

Not at all. I read what you posted and thought - she's right! They do tell you not to eat hard fruit. It was only when the post below explaining it that I realised!

Wasn't just me then! :)

I love apples crunchy, but everything else has to be soft or I'll have to wait for it to ripen. I especially love really soft peaches and bananas :)

I've thought of another one.. I can eat cucumbers chopped or sliced, but can't bite from it (not that I expect many people do, but it was suggested to me today as a snack) *shudder*

I can't eat bananas which have bruises on and have to eat round them... I also don't eat the ends as they make me sick... So I usually don't bother and have a tangerine xxx

I am a fruit weirdo too! :) infact a food texture weirdo! The mere thought of a banana or custard makes me feel sick :-( they totally freak me out!!

Also can't deal with the sound of someone biting an apple, I can't be too close to someone eating one the noise hurts my teeth! Strange but true haha x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back