Soft Mashmallow

Hi guys,

Thought I would share this (it is my grandma's recipe) as it's coming up to Christmas and this is how I intend to get around desserts at Christmas. This will make a soft marshmallow that will melt in warm milk and make it absolutely sinful. I added some marshmallow to coffee and added dukan caramel flavour- it's absolutely divine. Add a little skim milk powder and microwave to get foam if you want it too! Thanks grandma!

Ingredients

1) 1 cup cold water
2) 3 tablespoons gelatine
3) 1 1/2 cup hot water
4) 4 cups Splenda (or granulated sugar substitute- I've tried Equal as well and it works).

Method

1) Add gelatine to cold water and leave it to bloom.

2) Add sugar to hot water in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Add the gelatine (it should be like a paste). Continue to boil for 20 minutes (gentle only! Not a vigorous boil!)

3) Transfer to a mixing bowl and leave to cool (about 15 minutes). Then whip with a hand mixer until it goes thick. This can take quite a while- last night it took me about 15 minutes and I had to transfer it to a smaller bowl so I could get enough depth to whip it properly.

4)Pour into a loaf tin or similar, lined with wetted baking paper.

5) Let it set on the table. Do not refridgerate. It goes weird if you do. Should take an hour or two.

And enjoy!

Back