Step 1 Sole Source Sole Source and exercise

PinkPotions

This is my 9th week on soul source, I still have 3 stone to go till goal.

I'm thinking of joining the gym and taking some classes what is everyone else's experience with exercising on sole source? I don't plan to overdo it I just want to tone up my body.

Worried that gaining muscle will affect the scales and depress me at WI day but don't really want to move up a step as I've still a long way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi I have been going to the gym regular since I stated ss and must admit I feel great! I certainly have lost lost of inches weight and toned up! I would highly recommend exercise as although we are retraining our brain about healthy eating exercise is also a healthy habit

I think it's a really good idea. If you tell the gym instructor that does your induction that you mainly want to tone up then they should be able to sort you out a proper program.
Someone else posted on another thread that aerobic exercise on this diet doesn't speed up weight loss, but the previous poster is right that it's about changing out attitudes to health and fitness.
I've just joined my local council gym with a friend and we egg each other on and make gym dates :) we also have promised ourselves that if we attend at least twice a week for the next 4 months we will stop our membership to the posh gym with q Jacuzzi .....hmmmm jacuzzi :)
Enjoy

This is my 9th week on soul source, I still have 3 stone to go till goal.

I'm thinking of joining the gym and taking some classes what is everyone else's experience with exercising on sole source? I don't plan to overdo it I just want to tone up my body.

Worried that gaining muscle will affect the scales and depress me at WI day but don't really want to move up a step as I've still a long way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi how you getting on? Did you join the gym? I have started training for the 10k in may and honestly feel great! I highly recommend light exercise on Thai diet as I feel it's something good to do doesn't involve food and creates a healthy habit. I used to hate the gym but right now I'm loving it :)

Hope you doing well no matter what x

I went to the gym today for the first time after 9ish weeks on SS (Although last night and tonight I had SS+ dinner). I went first thing this morning and felt a little bit spacey/light headed. So I think I need to have a shake BEFORE rather than after the gym! I plan on just taking it easy to start with, maybe 30-40 mins, then build it up. I'm thinking about going up to step 2 this week so that will probably help too!

I've been thinking about going to the gym too but im only week 5 so thinking i should leave it a few weeks til my bodys maybe used to what im doing.

I've been thinking about going to the gym too but im only week 5 so thinking i should leave it a few weeks til my bodys maybe used to what im doing.

Hi, I have been going to the gym since mid way theo week 1 and honestly feel fine but everyone's different. I haven't been running this week and have only lost 3/4lb. Bit sure if that has anything to do with no running :(

I barely have the energy to go up one flight of stairs on sole source - heaven knows how some of you manage to get to the gym!! :eek:

iv been going to the gym and to fitness classes regularly since mid january, and in 6 weeks lost 13inches over my body and reduced my body fat by7% but in that time only lost 5lbs, so although you might feel anxious about gaining muscle and slowing your weigh loss, it doesnt stop your body shrinking and looking fab :)

Ludog, that's great lose of inches and body fat. I also go to the gym and have lost inches more than weight but as long as my clothes size keeps going down I will be happy :)

Think it just depends on the individual as I know I used to just want the scales to change but my attitude has changed and now I want to create healthy habits too

I used to be the same and only care about the number on the scales but think the gym n exercise keeps me focused on my bad days lol
Also feel better straight after a gym session... Though maybe not the next day haha x

Have any if you tried vibration plates at the gym?! I am curious and would like to give them a go?!

I do! Love them! Inch loss n toning is fab if you do exercises n stretches on them! Mind 1st time round I did feel a tad dizzy but I got used to it!

the vibro plates are good for you if you do a work out on them... just standing on them doesnt count hahaha

you can do squats on them, lunges, press ups, tricep dips, sit ups, the lot

start by holding a squat position on them for 30 seconds, then do another 30 seconds doing full squats, then last 30seconds in squat position pulsing...... BURRNNNN

Funnily enough quite a lot of sunbeds now have them!

Hi everyone! In my first week of SS and I'm hoping to start pilates next week, at first I though it would be expensive plus the diet but when I calculated things I think it's about the same as one of my evening takeaways I used to have!

If I wanted to up my exercise would it be fine to move up to SS+ on exercise days and SS on non exercise days?

Just want to get riid of the fat as soon as possible!! :D

Hi Seashore I would seek the advice if your CDC on the exercise. I did week one on as but then had to move upto 810 because I needed to train for a fitness test at work

Back