Some advice for holidays

amythyst5961

Silver Member
Hi all,

I am going to Barcelons with work next week but have decided to fly out a few days earlier and have a few days in a beautiful city !! Challenge is I want to make sure that I stay on plan so any hints and tips for eating in Barcelona ?

My thoughts are that I might take some pasta n sauce, and a few mullers in my suitcase so I am not toally stuck and then buy some veg when I am there ?

Thoughts ?

Lisa xxx

Yeah you're gonna be in spain so lovely healthy foods to be had :) isn't spanish tortilla just potatoes, veg and egg like an omelette? And also paella is just rice, seafood and veg so I'm sure you will be fine!! Nice salads and fruits etc just try and stay away from tasty fresh breads lol

Yeah you're gonna be in spain so lovely healthy foods to be had :) isn't spanish tortilla just potatoes, veg and egg like an omelette? And also paella is just rice, seafood and veg so I'm sure you will be fine!! Nice salads and fruits etc just try and stay away from tasty fresh breads lol

Lol you are right - I suppose it is just the oli I can't control - but maybe I just dont use my syns and hope the oil isnt more than 15 per day :)

Yeah its really only the oil I would think, as everywhere even over here cook everything in oil I think that's a good idea saving your syns as I don't think you would be consuming 15 syns worth of oil lol but to be on the safe side! Rather you than me though I don't think I could be 100% when on holiday lol but I'm sure you will do great!

Thanks hun - I am just going to try my absolute best and see what happens xxxx

Hi! The ideas sound good but just remember your on holiday! Why not just relax ad take it easy! I'm off to Belgium in a few weeks and decided I'm gonna try and be good but if I want a massive Belgian waffle then I will certainly will have it! I have a woman in my group and she went on a 12 week cruise and she came back last week and gained 12 pounds which sounds lime a lot but equals 1 pound per week but she said that she didn't think about the plan but she has been doing it so long that she just made the right choises! But she was on plan this week and had already lost 6 pounds! I think what I'm tryingto say is don't put to much pressure on your self your on your jollies just enjoy yourself! I hope I'm not offending you or anything, :)

Hi! The ideas sound good but just remember your on holiday! Why not just relax ad take it easy! I'm off to Belgium in a few weeks and decided I'm gonna try and be good but if I want a massive Belgian waffle then I will certainly will have it! I have a woman in my group and she went on a 12 week cruise and she came back last week and gained 12 pounds which sounds lime a lot but equals 1 pound per week but she said that she didn't think about the plan but she has been doing it so long that she just made the right choises! But she was on plan this week and had already lost 6 pounds! I think what I'm tryingto say is don't put to much pressure on your self your on your jollies just enjoy yourself! I hope I'm not offending you or anything, :)

Absolutely not and I really appreciate your advice. Yo are right I am putting a lot of pressure on myself but I think itis just because I am only really at the start of my journey and really want to get to target. I have decided to take some cereal bars but apart from that when I land I will do w ee supermercado shop and get some eggs, veg and fruit and take it from there.

Thanks for replying I really appreciate it xx

Absolutely not and I really appreciate your advice. Yo are right I am putting a lot of pressure on myself but I think itis just because I am only really at the start of my journey and really want to get to target. I have decided to take some cereal bars but apart from that when I land I will do w ee supermercado shop and get some eggs, veg and fruit and take it from there.

Thanks for replying I really appreciate it xx
dont worry im fairly new to! slimming worls is a way of like but dont let it take over your life you have to enjoy yourself sometime =]

Update :) So arrived in Barcelona this morning and it is el scorchio :)

Took my aplen and some strawberries for the plane so survived until I got the apartment at 2pm. After a wee supermarket shop I have managed to find: -

Arborio rice
Babybells
0% activia yogurts
Bacon
Peppers
Mushrooms
Apples
Strawberries
Bananas
Chicken stock

So loks like risotto and roasted veg with some bacon for dinner and then bacon and baked beans for tomorrow morning with some fruit :) Really chuffed and dont feel like I am depriving myself really and I will still have a wee treat as I LOVE madeline cakes :)

Much love

Lisa xx

wow well done! dont think i could be that good i definately see holidays as my chance to overindulge lol! x

I am on holiday next week, planned ahead and booked a self catering lodge rather than a hotel so I can easily make SW brekkies and dinners. I have been reading the "eating out" thread to get plenty of ideas for lunchtimes. SW does fit in really well with "real life".

We tend to go to Harvesters and Wetherspoons which both seem ideal for SW'ers. (Will take my own salad spraylite dressing in my bag!)

My body magic will come from swimming in their pool and walking for miles exploring. If I come back a pound or two lighter, I will be delighted, as well as having a lovely holiday.

Previous holidays have been all about how much rich creamy food can I cram into myself, making me feel ill and messing up my self esteem. I dont want this anymore.

I am on holiday next week, planned ahead and booked a self catering lodge rather than a hotel so I can easily make SW brekkies and dinners. I have been reading the "eating out" thread to get plenty of ideas for lunchtimes. SW does fit in really well with "real life".

We tend to go to Harvesters and Wetherspoons which both seem ideal for SW'ers. (Will take my own salad spraylite dressing in my bag!)

My body magic will come from swimming in their pool and walking for miles exploring. If I come back a pound or two lighter, I will be delighted, as well as having a lovely holiday.

Previous holidays have been all about how much rich creamy food can I cram into myself, making me feel ill and messing up my self esteem. I dont want this anymore.

sounds like you have it all worked out xx Good luck and hope you have a fabby holiday when it comes xx

Back