Some concerns about my CDC

HelenaHandbasket

I have a couple of concerns about my CDC. She says that she misses out on AAM weeks, and advises her clients to do the same, because it's hard to get back onto SS afterwards. She told me that the FDA only recommend AAM weeks because they're worried about people starving themselves and clearly I'm not going to do that blah blah blah.

She also charges a flat rate of £37.80 per week for 21 shakes, soups, bars or tetras, but seems reluctant to hand out anything but shakes and soups. I appreciate that CDCs can set their own prices, but she's told me not to have the bars for at least four weeks because I need to "get used to eating no food" and that the tetras are for when I'm away on holiday. I'd quite like to try both, but feel that I'd have to insist to do so. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
HH

Change CDC!!!

It is recommended not to have bars in first 2weks as they have slightly more carbs in and we want to check you are in ketosis.
You can have tetras/soups/shakes from week 1. Yes CDC's can charge their own prices. DEMAND bars/tetras when you go next. Best way is to email or ring her with the order 2 days or so in advance and then she can't say she doesn't have them. Tetras are good for holiday - but good any other time too!!!!!!

AAM week is for people on the old style SS - 3 packs, and is recommended again by Cambridge. Otherwise CD+ is 3packs and 200cal meal or 4packs and 200ml of skimmed milk and then AAM is not essential.

Hi Helena.

Either contact me through a private message or Linda (CD Counsellor) and we can best advise on what to do.

Thanks

Mike

I'd never heard of CDC's setting their own prices I thought it was priced from £34.00 (ish) per week but it costs more for bars and tetras (plus drink flavours etc.)
From what I'm aware of you can have tetras when ever you want, they cost more but that's up to you surely!!!
I've also never heard of waiting for 4 weeks before you can have a bar I've always been told after 2 weeks.
I can't help with the AAMW I'm afraid but I'm sure someone else will be along soon who'll be able to help you on that one.
I personally would question your CDC about it and tell her you've been on here discussing it with other CD users and other CDC's and see what she answers she comes up with. I really for the life of me don't think she can dictate to you what you can and can't have as this is your diet and you are paying a fair amount to be on it.
I have a current price list, let me know if you need it hun.

Thanks, flirty40greeneyes. I hadn't thought of ordering in advance. That might work.

I'm on the old style SS, so should be having an AAM week.

HH

I'd never heard of CDC's setting their own prices I thought it was priced from £34.00 (ish) per week but it costs more for bars and tetras (plus drink flavours etc.)
From what I'm aware of you can have tetras when ever you want, they cost more but that's up to you surely!!!
I've also never heard of waiting for 4 weeks before you can have a bar I've always been told after 2 weeks.
I can't help with the AAMW I'm afraid but I'm sure someone else will be along soon who'll be able to help you on that one.
I personally would question your CDC about it and tell her you've been on here discussing it with other CD users and other CDC's and see what she answers she comes up with. I really for the life of me don't think she can dictate to you what you can and can't have as this is your diet and you are paying a fair amount to be on it.
I have a current price list, let me know if you need it hun.

Thanks, Kelly. She's quite a forceful character and I'm not that good at being assertive, unfortunately.

HH

I have just E-mailed you helena.

Mike

Back