Some confusion over ketosis.

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Im not drinking anymore than I was the last 2 weeks since I started the diet, yet my ketostix keep showing lighter shades of pinks, why is this? I would understand if I was drinking more, but Im not.

Hi Donna

Could it be to do with what time of day you are testing, always darker in the morning when you haven't been drinking for a few hours. Either way light pink is the best place to be so don't worry!

Gx

Hi Donna

Could it be to do with what time of day you are testing, always darker in the morning when you haven't been drinking for a few hours. Either way light pink is the best place to be so don't worry!

Gx

I check at various times of the day. I think my biggest worry is that it's because of the bars. Now that Im having them, Im slowly being knocked out of Ketosis? Is this possible?

Hi Donna

With ketosis you are either in it or not the colour doesn't indicate that you are more or less in it just whether you are well hydrated. If you are showing pink then its all good.

Gx

Hi Donna

With ketosis you are either in it or not the colour doesn't indicate that you are more or less in it just whether you are well hydrated. If you are showing pink then its all good.

Gx

When you come out of ketosis, is it straight away, or can it happen slowly?

ooo not sure but would think it would be fairly quick

Gx

When I've come out of ketosis, it's immediate, as in a couple of hours and I'll always know why!! I really wouldn't worry about the colour, as Porgeous said, it's the pink that's important, not the depth of it.

Mares x x

Am I the only person who never tests for it??

Not you're not alone, I did it for a week or so and then never bothered, I always figured as long as I stuck to the plan it would work.

Gx

Nothing To Do With This Tread I Was Just Reading It. Dancing Your An Angel, And A Well Of Knowledge. You Always Have The Best Advice.
Thanx Carol
Xxx

Hi

I have never checked i am in ketosis until yesterday and i only did because i have started on some new medication so my CDC said just keep an eye on it. but so far its been fine anyway, just very dehydrated due to sickness bug:(:(:(
Lolly
xxx

Back