Some ideas for a pretend takeaway ?

cboz

It's Saturday, I only get 2 off a month so I like to enjoy them! This usualy meant a takeaway with the crew along with a bit of xfactor and a few glasses of wine before heading out for a few more glasses.

I am trying to stick with red and green days at the moment as it's pretty hectic so I need my extra healthy extras!

I was thinking maybe sticky diet coke chicken with BNS wedges. What else could I have with it besides veg? lol

Then I saw a recipie on here for mushypea curry? are mushy peas free on red too? At least then I could have some rice (if my days turns out green!), I dislike plain rice but maybe could find a recipie on here for a 'special' rice - can you fry it? like they do in takeaways? but with frylite?

Then again I could make burgers for everyone using lean mince - but they make me ill everytime! (maybe my cooking) :p

Your ideas are welcome !! HAPPY SATURDAY ALL XXX

Go for a green day for takeaway, I think it would be easier.

Fried rice, boil your rice, leave it to cool/dry out. Then spray a wok with fry light. Throw in a beaten egg and fry until cooked and broken up in bits, add your rice, douse liberally with soy sauce, and 5 spice.

When I worked in the chinese they used to stir the soy sauce through the rice first before it was added to the wok, and then add, sugar, salt, MSG and soy. You could add a wee tip of a teaspoon of sweetner to make it sweet.

Same with noodles

Chop all your veg/HEx's of meat finely for the fried rice and fry it off, remove from the pan and then do the egg, add the veggies back in, then the rice. I highly recommend a chilli finely chopped and put through with some hot curry powder, singapore style.

Curry wise Asda do a nice Chickpea dahl for about 70p a tin, add some extra fried onion, mushroom and chicken (HEX) and put over rice.

Thank u for all them ideas, will deff be giving them a go! And I really thought mushy peas were 'probably' free on red :(

Can't wait until tonight now...

as for the suggestion about putting sweetner in, I was following a recipie the other day, the sweetner really helped with taste - i've been throwing sweetner in everything now - which i know i shouldnt - the other day I put way to much sweetner in a curry - it tasted like pudding hehe :D

AND LEXIE!! I'm eating (right now!) your suggestion of mushed banan on toast! it's very nice!

Even better with some cinnamon on top. Sweetened Quark on toast with cinnamnon is amazing.

Doesnt mashing a banana then make it have syns?

I could see how if you were pureeing it down or smoothie, but roughly mashing it with a fork or thinly slicing it onto toast?

From the green book

Note Cooked, canned and dried fruit count as healthy extras, or as Syns. Puréed fruit, fruit juice, nectars and smoothies always count as syns

The mushy pea curry is good, it reminds me of the mushroom curry you get from the Chinese.

My favourite takeaway is probably Indian. If I'm getting the fast food urge I usually plan myself a little feast. I'll usually make a Channa Dal, Aubergine Bhajee, fried potatoes and cabbage and then serve it all with basmati rice. This way I have a selection of different dishes and most of the time they actually taste better than the takeaway anyway.

If I fancy a Chinese I'll do a stir fry, tofu fried rice and maybe use some syns for a few spring rolls.

The smash pizza recipe on this board is good, just remember that the 'new improved recipe' smash is synned now, but most supermarket own brands are free.

Back