Some input from you all :)

Should we be allowed to talk about food in the CD 100% forum

• Yes, We should be able to talk about it as long as we are follwing the diet 100%

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • No, all mention of food is to be banned from the 100% forum

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it's neck and neck at the moment. As Vicky says, we just want to provide what people want - some people are disturbed by talk of food and would prefer there to be no mention, whereas others are quite happy to see it, smell it, cook it, etc without it leading them off track. Horses for courses and hopefully in the end a home for all :)

Thats just it DQ, after all, we want whats best for everyone and thats why we ask for the input.

We have not made any decision yet guys, thats what the poll is there for, to help us out with how to go forward, back soon x

Jabbathehut is absolutely right. Why can't 100% cd'er talk about food? Pretending food doesn't exist is a pretty unhealthy thing to do. It does, and eventually we're all going to have to cope with eating a 'normal' diet.

I realise CD is about taking a step back from food and finding out just how little we really need. But if your self-control is so little that you can't even take a mention of someone saying "I resisted the temptation of those Thai Chilli crisps" or "I'm so proud I didn't touch any of that pizza" personally I think you're not going to cope very well once you start eating and all of these type of foods are available to you.

I think the 100% forum should be about people who are on the diet 100%. People who don't intend to nibble every day or have a blowout every Saturday night but still say they're on the diet.

If you can't even mention food then this forum isn't about supporting us through the diet, its about making all food taboo and forbidden even when diet is finished and I personally won't post or read, even though it can be irritating when people on main forums post about cheating all the time.

Jabbathehut is absolutely right. Why can't 100% cd'er talk about food? Pretending food doesn't exist is a pretty unhealthy thing to do. It does, and eventually we're all going to have to cope with eating a 'normal' diet.

I realise CD is about taking a step back from food and finding out just how little we really need. But if your self-control is so little that you can't even take a mention of someone saying "I resisted the temptation of those Thai Chilli crisps" or "I'm so proud I didn't touch any of that pizza" personally I think you're not going to cope very well once you start eating and all of these type of foods are available to you.

I think the 100% forum should be about people who are on the diet 100%. People who don't intend to nibble every day or have a blowout every Saturday night but still say they're on the diet.

If you can't even mention food then this forum isn't about supporting us through the diet, its about making all food taboo and forbidden even when diet is finished and I personally won't post or read, even though it can be irritating when people on main forums post about cheating all the time.

Exactly what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words :D

i mention food all the time, i make food for my bf and i can read about food without falling apart but i think the reason for this poll is about what people want out of this sub forum. There is a main forum that allows everything isnt there.

That's what I was thinking. I know that most of the time I was fine reading about food, but there were times when it was a trigger for me. I wanted to go somewhere where food wasn't mentioned. Just to get me through that evening. There was nowhere though.

It's not really about pretending it doesn't exist. Just a chance to get away from it for a while. Food would be 'dealt' with once I was going up the steps.

Either way, I'm not on CD anymore...we're just wondering what you guys think:)

I think different people have different views about what the 100% forum should be about, which is why we're doing the poll :)

If you can't even mention food then this forum isn't about supporting us through the diet, its about making all food taboo and forbidden even when diet is finished

Not necessarily. It's about some people needing a haven where no food is discussed because maybe they have no choice but to deal with it everywhere else in their lives - maybe cooking for spouses and children, people eating at work, etc

I personally won't post or read, even though it can be irritating when people on main forums post about cheating all the time.

Understandable if it's not something that you agree with. And I guess that's why we're doing this in a subforum so that there is a place for people who are happy with talk of food, and a place for people who aren't. :)

Well my understanding was that this section was set up for people who were doing cd 100%. people were complaining of the i cheated..i fell of the wagon posts...so thats why here was set up. im on cd 100% i visit both sections the food ones dont bother me but for the people they do bother i think this should just be for people who are 100% comitted to cd. just my tupence worth :) xx

I'm a bit conflicted tbh. On the one hand, I'm 100% committed to be 100% SS but on the other I've just had an agreed but unplanned 3-day deviation for health reasons, which I only posted about to keep the Club up to date and purposely didn't mention any specifics, so I can understand how 'stuff happens' and not wanting to be ousted because of it.
There are times I really don't want to hear about what other people are and are not eating, particularly if it's something I'm craving and can't have!
On the other hand, I would hate to think of people missing out on support they might desperately need (and yes, I'm aware that there are other CD forums) and also that for some people following their CD plans 100% WILL involve food - these people might want guidance from others on those aspects while still wanting to avoid 'cheat' threads.
My recommendation would be a compromise: a rule that anyone who wishes to mention food posts as much in the title (with no specifics, obviously) i.e. **Contains Food Refs** and then it's at the discretion of the reader as to whether they're prepared to go into it or not.

I am 100%er and personally the mention of food is fine for me as like said earlier it is in our everyday lives and i don't want it to be a taboo subject for me.
Sometimes when i post i stop and question which forum i am posting it in just to make sure it isn't SEEN as non 100%. I use both forums but i do love the positivity from all us 100%ers and my personal vote is that we should be allowed to talk about food!! So if this gets changed to not talking about food what else will be a forbidden topic, as i do like to chat about missing out on my vodka nights, or how i resisted the cocktails my friends made...the lsit of 'forbidden' items could go on.
I mean i asked a question about coke zero earlier, some people say thats fine to have on cd others disagree....do you see my point? Maybe i'm not explaining myself very well.

Anyway thats my vote, i love this sub-forum and personally for me it's fine as it is as long as time outs and cheating are not mentioned.

How about mentioning in your title if a post contains food references, so those that don't want to read it can skip down to the next? Or another sub forum?
xx

My recommendation would be a compromise: a rule that anyone who wishes to mention food posts as much in the title (with no specifics, obviously) i.e. **Contains Food Refs** and then it's at the discretion of the reader as to whether they're prepared to go into it or not.

Not a bad idea - could be quite workable. What happens if someone forgets and puts a thread with food in the title? Do the Mods move it? And is anyone gonna get ticked off if the Mods move it (more importantly she says, ducking behind her monitor :hide: )

How about mentioning in your title if a post contains food references, so those that don't want to read it can skip down to the next?

The idea has been mentioned a few times, and it does sound like it would be a good compromise. Unfortunately what happens if someone forgets? Can - Worms - Everywhere :eek: :silly:

Or another sub forum?
xx

I don't think we could go down that route as we try to keep the forums as 'uncluttered' as we can. :)

But please keep coming with the ideas - we are asking this because we want to know what YOU want :)

Not a bad idea - could be quite workable. What happens if someone forgets and puts a thread with food in the title?

Hard to remember that all the time, specially if someone goes round all the forums and posts every where.

Do the Mods move it? And is anyone gonna get ticked off if the Mods move it (more importantly she says, ducking behind her monitor :hide: )

I wont tick you off if you dont tick me off:D

I know what your saying with a can of worms but if it is decided that those are the rules then 'forgetting' is just not an option and yes the mods should remove it....i think as long as everyone is clear of what is allowed and what is not then it'll be fine just at the moment there are a lot of grey areas.

Can - Worms - Everywhere :eek: :silly:

EWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

I don't think we could go down that route as we try to keep the forums as 'uncluttered' as we can. :)

But please keep coming with the ideas - we are asking this because we want to know what YOU want :)

The more people we get giving great ideas the better this works for all of us

For me i dont mind weather food is being mentioned or not, but i wont mention it on this forum for those who dont want it mentioned! i am doing 100% cd and i am very proud to have stuck with it!

but this sub forum is for those who are doing it 100% and i agreee if your thinking of food etc then perhaps starts a thread here with *i am sturuggling (food related)* because if your doing cd 100% and am struggling then you should be able to post here and there but orcourse warn people what its about so then the reader has a choice weather to read it the thread or not! thats my opinion!

i for one dont know where to post mostly, because i am doing cd 100% i should beable to post here, but if its food related then i am kind of thinking hmm i dont wanna upset anybody, i feel i have to post over in the main forum, but then i tend not to post ...

if i want to post coffee time or something i am being told to post it on another forum, so i am thinking what can we actually post here?

I agree that posting a warning in the title of your post *Food mention* or some such would be a good compromise.

If someone forgets, gentle reminder and the mods move it, no harm done. And if a see-no-food-hear-no-food-speak-no-food individual opens such a post, well they can be happy that the poster won't do it again, once reminded. That is, once they've been revived from their horrified faint with some smelling salts or something, lol.

Well, to be honest, I think posting a food warning in the title is a bit precious. And gets a bit problematic if you happen to mention food in a reply to an original posting that didn't. But I also don't want other people to be unhappy about what I'm typing and if that is the way they choose to cope with food restriction, that is their business.

I didn't realise there were so few people doing CD 100%. A shame.
Not necessarily the case Dancing. It's the weekend which tends to be quieter. There will be a number of people that don't mind either way, so they wont vote. Others will just lurk with interest ;)

interesting that only 35 people have replied to the question and it is 15 people who would prefer no food mentioned at all. How many are active users on the minimins site? Runs into the thousands doesn't it? I didn't realise there were so few people doing CD 100%. A shame.

I'm doing CD 100% BUT I don't like the idea of a Sub-Forum Hence, why I don't post!!! I joined "Minimins" for one reason to make friends! I don't care whether my friends cheat or not because, the only person they are cheating is themselves, no-one else!!!! However, should they feel the need to "eat" then I for one will offer my support because they are my friends!

Good luck Dancing with your Slimming World Diet!

howdy chaps. i've only just seen this. i have to admit that i don't pop into this sub forum as much as i would like because of the taboo on food that seems to be forming. i need to be able to accept that other people eat, be around people that are. and i also need to be able to talk about an achievement when i have resisted a trigger food, the angst when you are craving things. this doesn't make me any less of a 100%er. we all go through it at some point. but feeling like i'll be causing problems if i talk about it is uncomfortable for me. i can only mirror what other people have said, that avoiding mentioning food all together we are creating a rather dangerous environment of complete denial and will have problems when moving up the plans.

also, there is the cd forum for talking about food. but what if the people you want to talk to about it are usually on here?

and mainly, why on earth should a diet support forum have a part of it where you can't talk about food?? when quite obviously we all need help on coping with it. ignoring it does not make it simply go away!!

abz xx

Back