Some input from you all :)

Should we be allowed to talk about food in the CD 100% forum

• Yes, We should be able to talk about it as long as we are follwing the diet 100%

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • No, all mention of food is to be banned from the 100% forum

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
when is the poll gonna close? i think there is way more peeps yet to vote i reckon i know another 1 or 2 people that would have something to say on the subject :) x

Its at the top - poll closes on 17th July so plenty of time left.

Really must go and do some work - minimins way too distracting.

i know that people that don't want food mentioned at all need to be catered for. my point is simply that those who want to ss and still mention food should be catered for too. can i say catered? hee.

i know that people that don't want food mentioned at all need to be catered for. my point is simply that those who want to ss and still mention food should be catered for too. can i say catered? hee.

Then it could be argued that the main Cambridge forum would be fine for you. I'm not taking sides, I'm simply trying to look at things from all sides, or as much as possible.

You may be annoyed by talk of cheats and still losing weight. So you have somewhere where there are no talk of cheats, but you can talk about food.

Someone else wants somewhere where they don't even have to read mention of food.

Neither of them are bad ideas, but the point of a poll like this is to find out if that's what the MAJORITY of people want, and try to provide that.

i don't really understand why this has turned into a debate? surely the point of the poll was to find out what people thought? i have written what i think. i didn't really expect to have to fight for my corner... just state what my thoughts were. i don't expect it to be the same thing as everyone else is thinking, they are my thoughts alone.

abz xx

with other addictions, you go cold turkey for the rest of your life. And you can't do that with food. On this diet you are not physically hungry, so any temptations you feel are psychological and you simply shouldn't run away from that.

Well...ummm. You know that food addiction is an addiction in the same way as drugs....even harder to deal with IMO because as you say, you have to deal with it forever (unless you are on SS, when you get a bit of a break from 'participating').

There is a physiological addiction as a food addict has less dopamine receptors than a non-food addict.

i don't really understand why this has turned into a debate? surely the point of the poll was to find out what people thought? i have written what i think. i didn't really expect to have to fight for my corner... just state what my thoughts were. i don't expect it to be the same thing as everyone else is thinking, they are my thoughts alone.

abz xx

Sorry if you feel you have been made to fight your corner. I just wanted to clarify the point of the poll which some people were confused about.

You are catered for. In the main CD forum.

Think thats where I'll stay, on the main forum. Good luck to all the fellow 100% cd'ers. May you reach goal and be happy. And for those of you that fall off the wagon, see you on the main forum... :)

We're all getting a little snippy here, I feel, with no good reason.

KD, you can find really anything on the internet to support any hypothesis, and it is dangerous to accept it or present it as fact. The theory about obese individuals having less dopamine receptors comes from ONE study group - scientists based in the Brookhaven lab, Upton NY. Most of their research came from mice and CT scans of obese individuals. It has not been replicated in any other study group. Even they admit they don't know whether their THEORY is that obesity causes DA receptor shortage or vice versa.

I agree that food is an addiction. But there is no good evidence to suggest that it is anything more or less than psychological. A drug or alcohol addict will go into physical withdrawal (a dangerous period in which they might die), food addicts do not experience this. There is a clear difference. You can't deny that some are more prone to weight gain than others or that it runs in families, but blaming weight gain on physical addiction is copping out.

I think we're deviating from the point here. I just get annoyed by internet pseudo-science, it can be used to excuse anything.

We're all getting a little snippy here, I feel, with no good reason.

I'm not :)

KD, you can find really anything on the internet to support any hypothesis, and it is dangerous to accept it or present it as fact. The theory about obese individuals having less dopamine receptors comes from ONE study group -

Sorry, haven't heard of the brooklyn one. I first heard about it on the BBC news a number of years ago. I think the link with dopamine and Serotonin has been recognised for many years.

I think we're deviating from the point here. I just get annoyed by internet pseudo-science, it can be used to excuse anything.

Me too. I always research stuff over and over again before I post, and only mentioned it because I know a number of people are interested in this sort of thing.

Anyway, back to the topic :)

i dont mind people saying theyve avoided a trigger but dont need it described to me
i have a friend on another forum who had some cheats and who then quit after 3 weeks saying it was because of her sons learning probs ( very stressful thing i know and if her heads not in the right place understandable ). she told me in minute detail everything she ate and everything she wanted to eat on a day she knew i was finding hard as my wee one was being assesed for autism.
i really really needed that like a hole in the head, yeah great i resisted but it did naff all for my mood those next few days

as i said dont mind at all people posting to say theyve resisted ( yay for them, brill news ) but dont need the gory details

only reason i dont post here more often is cos my brain is mush and i forget its here

she told me in minute detail everything she ate and everything she wanted to eat on a day she knew i was finding hard as my wee one was being assesed for autism.
i really really needed that like a hole in the head, yeah great i resisted but it did naff all for my mood those next few days

That wasn't too nice of your friend :( Well done on resisting though - stay strong :hug99:

Things are getting snipy on here... and I feel it happens quite a lot with any type of difference of opinion about anything... but thats a different subject!!

I feel making a 'private' place for people who don't want to talk about food is way too extreme and will alienate others as well as causing a divide on the forum.

In my opinion if people want to write at the top of the thread 'contains food references' or something along them lines I am sure that will be enough.

Are we not all adults here with enough self control to just stop reading if something is triggering a craving????

I think this thread has caused enough of a stir at this stage now to make everyone very very cautious about posting in the 100% forum. I am not sure if that what Minimins was originally about :(:(:( No point in making 'friends' on the 100% forum if as soon as you fall off the wagon/cheat/mention food you are gonna be black listed!!!!

Anyways enough ranting... I am not even doing CD.. but have done and these are my feelings on the matter.

Gen x

Well it's definitely causing a demonstration of a major strength of feeling. :eek: No one is saying you can't post anywhere - it's more about in some places having to moderate what you say. And how is making a place for people who request it extreme? After all, the LLs requested that food not be mentioned in the main forum, so they have to RTM section and agree not to mention food in the main area. Not so extreme really......

Well it's definitely causing a demonstration of a major strength of feeling. :eek: No one is saying you can't post anywhere - it's more about in some places having to moderate what you say. And how is making a place for people who request it extreme? After all, the LLs requested that food not be mentioned in the main forum, so they have to RTM section and agree not to mention food in the main area. Not so extreme really......

Only my opinion...

I am not sure going around picking holes in peoples 'opinions' is the best way to get people to come forward and post their honest opinions.

I was quite reluctant to post here cos I knew somebody would pick at it....

You cannot ask for peoples opinions and then pick holes in them... after all the poll part of the thread will give you the results you have asked for.

Quite disappointed with Minimins at the moment.

Am totally confused now - who has been picking holes in peoples' opinions?? Surely all that's been going on has been a healthy debate around an important issue?? :confused:

like i said. i wasn't expecting to have to justify my opinion, just give it...

abz xx

Back