Some inspiration from you skinny minis!!!

ok bare it all here when i look in mirror i dont like what i see im scared that when i lose weight and one day like myself in their that i wont want it as much . the first thing i think about when im asked out by anyone is will i be the biggest there only one friend knows this and is always teling me of for it but i cant help it if im the biggest i cant enjoy it but the thing is if theres anyone bigger than me i dont look at them and think oh my god so why i think people do it to me is just me . x

I agree with so much of what has already been said. For me personally, the most significant and noticeable thing is that life is no longer about my weight. I wake up in the mornings, get dressed and go and at no point do I consider my weight because it no longer has any impact on anything that I do which in turn gives me a sense of freedom. I’m not sure if this makes much sense!

Gx

I can only echo what everyone has said...While I love been'slim'and all the different things that entails,clothes,how people see me...
My life has not really changed...becoming slim didn't make all the cr** in my life go away
I am happier and more confident,but I am still lonely and I still have huge issues with food to address.
Yes to the outside world my body is not fat anymore,but I am so much more critical of it,before I covered it in big clothes and ignored it..now I see the faults

I really don't want you to think that losing weight isn't wonderful..it truely is...but it is not the magic answer to loving yourself

ok bare it all here when i look in mirror i dont like what i see im scared that when i lose weight and one day like myself in their that i wont want it as much . the first thing i think about when im asked out by anyone is will i be the biggest there only one friend knows this and is always teling me of for it but i cant help it if im the biggest i cant enjoy it but the thing is if theres anyone bigger than me i dont look at them and think oh my god so why i think people do it to me is just me . x

I know where you are coming from, when I got slim I started picking holes with everything on me, big ears, loose skin, moobs, fat ankles etc etc

I had a tummy tuck in search of the perfect body and ended up with a 19 inch scar.

Was only when I realised that I can be happy being just me that suddenly I don't give a monkeys what I look like now as I like myself regardless.

I can totally see what everyone is saying. For me I want to get the fat out of the way so that I can see more clearly what is really bothering me and stop using being overweight as an excuse!

What a great thread! :D

I am still on sole source - have around 1 and half stone to go till goal. I feel amazing - health wise. On a personal level it all feels very surreal to me - I don't associate the person I see in the mirror or in photographs as me. This may sound crazy, but it really is strange. I know that others on minis have said that the mind takes a little while to catch up with the physical changes.

During my CD journey, I have recognised where I went SO wrong before - emotional eating, portion control (or lack of it !!!) and bad choices. But, I really am quite scared of returning to the 'normal' world of eating. I am hoping that I will still have the willpower that has seen me through the last 7 months on CD sole source to put what I have learnt into practice!!

Love Kj xxx

Excellent thread, thank you for all your honest posts. Prior to starting CD I thought long and hard about what else I would need to do along side it to sort the head out as well.

See I have been chubby most of my life within an normal/acceptable range. I put on about 30 pounds suddenly about 5 years back and when I decided to lose that weight, thought I'd take off the other 30-40 while I was at it. Something weird happened when I got to 'goal' (I didn't really have one but I was in the ballpark fitting into most size 8's but still wanted to lose more). I felt incredibly lonely and cried alot.

I am not a lonely person and have a lot of friends and very sociable and likeable but looking back I shudder at where my headspace was at. Needless to say I very quickly put all the weight back on and kept it on for the past 2 years as I didn't really know how to resolve the head stuff.

I am currently meditating most days and practicing EFT (Emotional Freedon Therapy) for releasing old thought/behaviour patterns. I hope this alongside CD will assist in my journey to slimtown this time but always looking for ways to make sure I don't ever have to travel this road again!!

Thank you all so much for posting, it really does help knowing that being slim doesnt suddenly transport you to this whole new world!

I have a reasonoble outlook of what i want from being slim.

Having good health
Being able to run around after my kids
Have a even better sex life with my husband
Be able to buy smaller cheaper clothes, evans too pricy!
Not being self concious anymore

i have to agree this thread is great. really good to get an insight and i think personally for me, i need to get my head sorted alongside doing CD. otherwise i feel it may be just a waste of money as i wont have resolved issues and the weight may just go back on the minute i hit a bad patch again!

thanks guys for sharing all your experiences xx

The personal issues thing really worries me because I know there are things that affect me that won't be solved by losing weight. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I almost didn't accept it because I don't feel confident about going out into the world of work since being out of it so long. I thought about waiting until I had got to my target weight and then going back to work but I realised that I would rather tackle that issue now so that it is one less to rain on my parade when I do reach my target!!!

I just wanted to wish a happy day as you start your new job . Let us know how you get on .

Much love

Thembie

Its interesting reading people's thoughts / findings on this! And well done on your losses and maintainance!!

I must admit that when I put what I am looking forward too, I totally forgot to put about the health issues!! (its the buying knee length boots obsession that put me off track!!!) I dont want to be obese and have all the health issues that go with it / develop diabetes / heart problems etc. I am seriously unfit and it scares me. I am especially scared of having a stroke and I know I am putting myself in danger of that by the amount of weight I carry. So joking aside that I want people not to recognise me when I go home next year, I want to be healthy and feel good! Not out of breath walking up the 3 flights of stairs to my apartment. I want to walk to the top of the mountains and see the views!

Good luck with the job soontobelittlegem!! I hope your first day went ok.
xx

Thankyou everyone for your posts...it's just brought home to me that my weight loss journey will not all be over by Christmas, because it's the maintenance that needs as much work. I was just going to write my own weightloss journey to talk out this stuff, here, but I deleted it as this probably isn't the right thread. Is there a thread that talks about the common battles that people face? I do NOT want to undo all my good work by not being prepared!

Just over a year ago I dropped from 18 1/2 stone to 15 1/2 stone... it made me look significantly different and people commented all the time, I felt good about it but after that it stopped and for a year or so I maintained 15 1/2 stone.. people of course stopped commenting, which was fine but others then started commenting on my weight again.. aw I thought you were losing weight, what happened to your diet.. all this... that was the worst thing, I felt like that three stone was pointless and with me.. the more negative things I hear the less I want to show people I can do it, I hate to conform.

This thread's been helpful... I know I want to lose weight for me and for my health now, not for other people. I want a baby and have been having trouble trying to conceive and my weight seems to be a big factor in that so I'm quite happy to shift the weight for making having a baby easier, it opens up doors to clinics if my BMI is *normal* and that's my goal.

I eat when I'm bored.. when I'm emotional I tend to not eat... so I know it's habit/boredom and I think CD is a good way to show me I can fight it in other ways.. I don't have to reach straight for food with a chocolatey coating.

I can't wait to go to a shop and pick something I like because I like it, not pick it because it might fit.

New Job Update...

hey guys,

the first day in my new job went ok. i started as a teaching assistant at the local high school...cant remember if i mentioned that before. anyway it was all pretty boring as it was a staff inset day. and i really dont know if i am going to like it yet.

people kept asking me why i wasn't eating, and when i tried to tell them about CD they just didn't give a toss. didn't even show an interest. that sort of put a downer on my day too because nobody seemed impressed that i have lost nearly a stone and a half in under a month.
i felt like everyone was looking at me because i am big. i heard a story about a girl asking a TA if she is pregnant because she is fat!!! and she isn't even fat!!! what are they going to say to me?! the kids start back on weds and i am dreading it. my little confidence has been knocked right back down to zero.

sorry for moaning and i know this thread is meant to be about success stories, but you asked me to let me know how my day went...so that's how it went :cry: xxx

hey guys,

the first day in my new job went ok. i started as a teaching assistant at the local high school...cant remember if i mentioned that before. anyway it was all pretty boring as it was a staff inset day. and i really dont know if i am going to like it yet.

people kept asking me why i wasn't eating, and when i tried to tell them about CD they just didn't give a toss. didn't even show an interest. that sort of put a downer on my day too because nobody seemed impressed that i have lost nearly a stone and a half in under a month.
i felt like everyone was looking at me because i am big. i heard a story about a girl asking a TA if she is pregnant because she is fat!!! and she isn't even fat!!! what are they going to say to me?! the kids start back on weds and i am dreading it. my little confidence has been knocked right back down to zero.

sorry for moaning and i know this thread is meant to be about success stories, but you asked me to let me know how my day went...so that's how it went :cry: xxx

awww hun, :hug99: (((((hugs)))) so sorry to hear that. your doing brill sod them all if they dont want to know about your loss or the diet your on. You just keep going im sure it will be ok when the kids get back :)

I just had a huge post wrote to post but decided against hitting send and deleting it! You guys have just made me realise that loosing weight isnt going to change other things in my life i have to do it myself.

Hi soontobelittlegem,

I hadnt realised you had lost a stone and a half in 1 month - thats very good going! Congratulations!
Sorry to hear your first day wasnt too good. Schools can be funny places with a lot of funny people (where I used to work, the staff used to put bets on how long people would stay cos the school was VERY rough), but there will be nice people there too because there always are!
The kids are the same - some will be lovely, some might make comments - IT ISNT PERSONAL and they will be the same with all staff members.
For help with your new job have a look at http://www.tes.co.uk and click on Community there are message boards where you can post concerns and ask questions and some of the people on there are excellent with loads of experience. Personal and Opinion has a lot of people using them so you are likely to have lots of replies quite quickly - especially in the evenings. (Opinion can get a bit arsy at times tho!) It has been a life saver for loads of people!!!

Sorry to hijack the thread everyone!!!!

Back